Studio Videos

Live in studio performances

Secret Recipe DVD announcement

Started by Travis, May 02, 2005, 02:04:02 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Travis

May 02, 2005, 02:04:02 am Last Edit: May 02, 2005, 03:37:09 pm by admin
I have been asked to as fairly as possible, find a way for those
that wish to do so to purchase the remaining pre release copies of Bucketheads DVD "Secret Recipe"
I am a bit reluctant to get involved in the distribution of the remainder of the pre release copies of the DVD because I am aware as anyone that this project has gotten completely out of control and I am about to get involved of a no win situation.

That said, we hate to see these sitting in boxes when we know people are looking forward to  getting them. So I have decided to do this in a couple of ways.
First, if you contributed to the "Artist Support Page"http://tdrsmusic.com/artist_support_page.html on this site as of this posting you will be on the list, you will be able to buy the DVD.
I would like it to be known that there are benefits to supporting artists you care about. Second will be a random drawing of names submitted via form (see the link below).
I will collect names for the next three days and randomly select 100 names, those will get e-mailed a link to the purchase page.
The DVD will be selling for $30.00 and you must have been selected for your order to be excepted. So if 100 names are submitted then everyone will get a DVD, if 200 are submitted then you have a 50/50 chance and so on. Next because I want people who may not frequent my site to have a chance I will wait a week for word to get around and I will set up this submission page again for another 3 days and people can add their names to those that didn\'t get selected the first time and another 100 names will be selected.

(EDIT) There seems to be some confusion about eligibility, If you donated to the Artist Support Page before this post, you do not have to fill out the form below, you will automatically get the invitation to buy. If you have not donated as of 5/1/05 at 7:04 PM than fill out the submission form for your chance to be added to the master list.

If all this sound like a load of you know what, your right. Everyone involved in the making of the DVD regrets what has happened.
Plenty of mistakes were made and I know that this will make a few people happy but leave many more even more frustrated than they are already.

On a slightly more optimistic note, there has been progress on the distribution front and it\'s looking like the DVD will be getting wide distribution very soon so I hope those that are disappointed can find it easily soon.

To submit your name go here:
http://tdrsmusic.com/tdrs_submit.htm

Travis

May 02, 2005, 02:44:10 am #1 Last Edit: May 02, 2005, 03:38:27 pm by admin
Just to be clear, cause it looks like it might be a "thing". Your donations to the Artist Support Page have to have been made before my post above 7:04PM 5/1/05. Your donations are still gratefully accepted, but won\'t get you on the list without going through the submission process.

In case you missed it in my post above:
(EDIT) There seems to be some confusion about eligibility, If you donated to the Artist Support Page before this post, you do not have to fill out the form below, you will automatically get the invitation to buy. If you have not donated as of 5/1/05 at 7:04 PM than fill out the submission form for your chance to be added to the master list.

bucketbot

Sounds good to me Travis,
Hope i get picked.
Thanks.

8)
DO YOU HAVE ANY HEADCHEESE!!??

J G

hi travis, im not sure where to post this, but yesterday when filling out an order i put the wrong email adress down so i didnt get a confirmation of my order, is this a big problem?

denske

i\'ve got my fingers crossed
im hoping im hoping im hoping
this is an awesome chance for the dvd,

D

Thanks Travis (and everyone else involved)

you\'re so good to us fans!!!
Consideration and Intelligence have followed the passenger pigeon

That tiny net was sure-fire master!
Master: Yes, a tiny net is a death sentence, it's a net and it's tiny!

hexitt

There he is, at it again. You\'re a hardworking and kind fellow, Travis. Rock on.

Jeff Zavattero

This is a very cool way for fans who couldn\'t make the tour to buy the DVD before it is officially released. Thanks for the opportunity!

cheapsk8

Wow!! Very nice! A great day today for bots everywhere! Travis rules. ;)

android23

Greetings all,

First post by me so i have to say what an oustanding label tdrs music is! i\'m a longtime buckethead fan and have bought tdrs related releases. really enjoy Travis\' work as well. Looking forward to the new album - if Population Override and the Thanatopsis albums are any indication - it will be an essential album.

But i\'m posting here to ask what may be a stupid question - i\'m having trouble paypal-ing an artist support donation and would like to know what email address to send payment to.
i cant find this info anywhere on the site and when i tried to send it to tdrs@tdrsmusic.com nothing happened and the payment didnt go thru... :-/

anyway -i\'m hoping to become eligible to purchase secret recipe and want to make the donation - pleeze let me know where to paypal some fundage. Sorry if this issue has been addressed in another post. (i looked, i swear!)

sorry about the long-winded post, thanks for your help and all the great music!

later,
--chris

Geranyl

It\'s sad that a project ends up stuck in purgatory because of "business issues" (is that the proper term for business/administration/bureaucracy annoyances?). I think it\'s likely hardest for the people involved in the project because they are watching their work hit a wall :(

Hopefully all will be resolved :)

Travis

May 03, 2005, 04:13:17 am #11 Last Edit: May 03, 2005, 04:14:25 am by admin
I\'m afraid I\'m not doing a very good job explaining how this distribution of the DVD works. Let me try one more time. In order to have a chance to purchase the DVD you must submit your name and email address on this form found here.http://tdrsmusic.com/tdrs_submit.htm. You do not have to make a donation to get on the list, just sign up.  I will stop taking names on Wednesday at 7:00 PM and then I will randomly choose 100 names and email them a link to the order form. The confusion about the donation page comes from the fact that I emailed links to the order form to people who have donated to the Artist Support Page, but only those that gave a donation before I posted this announcement. It is now too late to qualify by making a donation.  I don\'t want  people to pay more than the asking price for the DVD and I don\'t want anyone to be motivated to give other than to support an artist you care about. You may still contribute and doing so will not get you a pass to buy the DVD but it may have benefits to you down the line on some other projects we are working on. If you still want to make a donation go here http://tdrsmusic.com/artist_support_page.html and scroll down to the bottom of the page and you will find the donation button. I hope I made this clear.

If you don\'t get chosen from the first drawing or you don\'t sign up in time,  I will be taking names again from  Sunday the 7th to Wednesday the 10th next week and I will randomly select another 100.

Chris DiCicco

I\'ll wait for the store wide release, this Artist support is fantastic but my knowhow of the thing called paypal is dismel, I\'ve been hopeing this thing will make some moolah for Bucket but this distrubution deal is making Buckethead fan\'s who did not catch the tour of the spleen of America very frustrated, but in a Business sort of way I thing it\'ll be worth the wait, I converted my buddy to be a listener of Buckethead and he\'s waiting for this thing called Secret Recipe, So I\'ll wait for awhile if that is the case, but if this is going to be an Internet only thing some fans will miss out on SR.... ok thats the 2nd worst possible thing thing I\'ve said... End

Chris
The Exosphere  2013

anonybot

this is awesome travis, thanks. could you give us a hint as to how many people have signed up as of now? how long after wed at 7 should we expect to get emails? i think ill stay up all night refreshing my mailbox.

colmatose

This is a great idea, and a great thing you are doing for all of us Travis. Again, going above, and beyond the call of duty.

Will ass-kissing help our chances of getting picked ;D