New!
Thanatopsis "Requiem" Available now.

Studio Videos

Live in studio performances

Travis.

Started by Veinsonfire, October 17, 2007, 06:10:49 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Veinsonfire

I think when I first came into this forum I didn\'t fully appreciate how reachable you were as a person, and I also don\'t frequent this place a whole lot as it is a bit slow, I guess that stopped me from letting you know how much I appreciate your music.
I think you\'re a great artist and I love to hear you jamming along with Buckethead, in fact, you\'re one of if not my favorite contributor to his music, as both your music not only stands out on its own but comliments each other and builds on the feeling.
English is not my first language so I can\'t quite express myself concisely, but I just wanted to let you know that I really admire you as an artist.

I know you\'re a busy man, letting you know this is satisfactory in itself.

Matthew

Great post, I totally agree with you! :)

ZQ

;D Absoutely!!!

BIG HUGZ!  ;D

Joy follows a pure thought like a shadow that never leaves.

Jordanatron

October 17, 2007, 06:10:09 pm #3 Last Edit: October 17, 2007, 06:10:23 pm by Breastmeat
I read this morning and was so pleased to see it Vein\'s you are Right on with this one ;D.
 Thank\'s Travis.
Be true to yourself you can't go wrong.
Mr Bocbacoc
ISOT-206 BP-17 DCK-228

bigbri

Bingo.

We can\'t wait for your solo stuff Travis!

Slunker

October 17, 2007, 08:03:50 pm #5 Last Edit: October 17, 2007, 08:04:44 pm by Slunker
Travis rocks, there\'s no other way to put it. His collaborations with Buckethead is some of my favorite Buckethead material of all time, it just hits a very special nerve and never lets you go. Trav\'s the uncrowned king of the ebony and ivory, that\'s for sure. I would buy a solo album by you in a second, no doubts about it.

That, and this here site has THE BEST service of all online stores. The best!  8)

Boots

That Travis Dickerson guy is the man...sure.
Music and Rhythm find their way into the secret places of the soul. -Plato

nuff_said

Travis... you\'re like the 6 million dollar man.  i don\'t know how you do it all, but i\'m sure glad you do!
Truth:  it's OK if they don't understand.  if you follow it, stay true to it, and respect it, you could be in store for the greatest journey you could ever imagine.

BHBoss

Yeah, Travis is great and doing a damn good job of running the website!!!

GirTheRobot

October 17, 2007, 10:36:52 pm #9 Last Edit: October 17, 2007, 10:40:30 pm by GirTheRobot
I will agree, Travis is badass.

The only thing I don\'t agree with, is a lot of people here. Every time Travis says something in a topic, people suck up and say "zomg thnx travis ur teh man".

Now, I know Travis is VERY busy, and I thank him for stopping by in our topics and replying, but you people just won\'t stop sucking up to him, at every little thing he says.

/end rant

Vitali

GirTheRobot

Here\'s something that Travis said that gives me the impression he isn\'t a greedy bastard.

What is it like? At the moment all I can say and what I have said before, if your nervous about buying something you have never heard I would advise you don\'t till reviews are available. The music isn\'t going anywhere. Only if your interested in an early limited edition is there any incentive to buy unheard music, particularly from an artist who produces an unpredictable array of material, your expectations my be incorrect.

As soon as I have more information or samples I\'ll post them.

Taken from the "3 new CDs" topic. Any other person could have said "zomg it\'s amazing you should buy it immediately" just to get people to buy it. But he was reasonable with us and said if we\'re not sure, we should wait for reviews.

Travis, even though I really disagree with sucking up to you, you\'re a really nice guy.

sngwthme

Welcome to Rossington Land

QuoteTravis who?    

Barker, I think?

No, seriously, keep up the good work.

And Veinson: English is your second language?  I\'m pretty sure your expressing yourself better than me, and its my first.  Lol.
Stephen Colbert (To Charles Darwin): If you do not come back from the grave to be tortured to death, you sir, are a coward.

nuff_said

October 18, 2007, 04:44:10 am #14 Last Edit: October 18, 2007, 04:45:37 am by nuff_said
GrTheRobot - "Here\'s something that Travis said that gives me the impression he isn\'t a greedy bastard."

i must say, that\'s an odd comment.  why would you think he\'s a greedy bastard and need to be impressed upon that he\'s not?

GrTheRobot - "but you people just won\'t stop sucking up to him"

i\'ve always thought of the term "sucking up" as meaning trying to achieve something like a promotion?  i doubt Travis is looking to promote any of his fans.  we all know that Travis is fair and professional, so it\'s not likely that anyone is "sucking up" to hope to gain free merchandise, or anything like that.  

i\'ll give Travis the credit of knowing the difference between the compliments from his "fans" and any attempts by "sucker uppers" -

Truth:  it's OK if they don't understand.  if you follow it, stay true to it, and respect it, you could be in store for the greatest journey you could ever imagine.