New!
Thanatopsis "Requiem" Available now.

Studio Videos

Live in studio performances

WOW! Who the hell is that?

Started by autoX, September 12, 2007, 01:19:56 am

Previous topic - Next topic

autoX

September 12, 2007, 01:19:56 am Last Edit: September 12, 2007, 01:38:37 am by autoX
What i said late one night channel surfing and heard/saw BH playing seven laws of woo on i think PBS.  What many friends say when i play BH for them.  When i tell them the artist named buckethead they just look at me funny

I am looking for a little guidance to other BH CD\'s that i will like.

what i own and like:

Elephants mans alarm clock
crime slunk scene
population override
colma
electric tears
dreamatorium (couple songs) maggot dream is good
monsters & robots
giant robot
funnel weaver (about half)  R.I.P  rocks

CD/songs that are not for me:

any songs with vocals
bucketheadland 2    (frozen brains is good)
enter the chicken    (nottingham lace rocks)
kaleidoscalp

another BH fan...

Welcome to Rossington Land

Well, you got a lot of his solo albums down.  Why not try one of his bands such as:

Thanatopsis (You\'re on Travis Dickerson\'s site, you have to get some Thanatopsis): Any of the 3 cds (Most will go with Axiology or Anatomize but the self-titled album is great also)
Praxis:  Go with Transmutation for starters
Cobra Strike: Either of the 2

As far as solo buckethead, get Inbred Mountain as fast as possible.  Literally run.  Also get Pepper\'s Ghost when that is back in print.  They are along similar lines musically with The Elephant Man\'s Alarm Clock and Crime Slunk Scene if you liked those.

All the albums I\'ve mentioned have very little to no talking, since you didn\'t like those type of albums.

How could you not like Kaleidoscalp?????
If you haven\'t listened to it much it may grow on you eventually.  I know it can be very scary.
Stephen Colbert (To Charles Darwin): If you do not come back from the grave to be tortured to death, you sir, are a coward.

Vitali

Condensed chicken noodles is a nice album. You should check it out.

superslidetail

Yea, kaleidescalp is hard to digest, its way too frenetic for me too.

slunkatron

If you don\'t like Kaleidoscalp, you might not like Inbred Mountain.  They are somewhat in the same vein.

Welcome to Rossington Land

QuoteIf you don\'t like Kaleidoscalp, you might not like Inbred Mountain.  They are somewhat in the same vein.

Maybe.  But he said he likes EMAC and CSS, so its kind of debatable.  I mean, the way I see it Inbred is kind of half way in between EMAC and Kaleidoscalp.  It has some weird noise parts, but not to the extent that Kaleidoscalp does.

Either way I have seen a ton of people say they don\'t like Kaleidoscalp, but I can\'t recall anyone not liking Inbred Mountain.
Stephen Colbert (To Charles Darwin): If you do not come back from the grave to be tortured to death, you sir, are a coward.

Boots

Snag Pepper\'s Ghost as soon as you can. Also check out Unison and Lightyears, and i always recommend Axiology.
Music and Rhythm find their way into the secret places of the soul. -Plato

autoX

forgot to list it but i do have Inbred Mountain and like it.

what album is Sultan\'s Massacre on ?

The first part someone call Sultan\'s Massacre the second half is  Nottingham  Lace. I like both versions of NL!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rLtbcXgxCAs&mode=related&search=

thanks for the recommend CD\'s will be getting sgt. peppers and a couple Thanatopsis cd\'s

are all the DCK albums like dreamatorium?

ZQ

Dreamatorium, Disembodied, Tunnel are very ambient with lots of fun chills... :D
I LOVE love LOVE the new DCK...it blew me away!

Cobra Strike 13th scroll and Cobra Strike 2 I believe you will love too!

;D

Joy follows a pure thought like a shadow that never leaves.

beelzeBob

Octave of the Holy Innocents

Hear Bucket and Jonas Hellborg shred on acoustic. It\'s baddass man.  8)
Eye Feel Fine(d)
I Feel Find
I Fell, Fin.

BHBoss

Nobody has mentioned The Cuckoo Clocks of Hell... the album is great especially if you like heavier thrash metal type music!!!