New!
Thanatopsis "Requiem" Available now.

Studio Videos

Live in studio performances

CCBBB

Started by sngwthme, October 26, 2004, 07:12:32 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

gkg

November 02, 2004, 10:54:33 pm #15 Last Edit: November 02, 2004, 10:59:00 pm by gkg
oh but honey!  you have One Ring Zero out there - you gotta check them out!  i just love them... we caught them at a book event and were hooked!

eek - premie post!  meant to say - dunno just were you are on the east coast but there are a whole lotta things going on out there.  NYC - easiest thing is check out the Village Voice of course.  for other stuff... i would check the websites of things you hear something about or whatever - like C2B3 played a few places back east late Sept/early Oct.
Peace.

image = <i>"Blue Velvet"</i> (front of 2-sided piece) (c) georgia k griffin - all rights reserved

sngwthme

Quotenow I await sleep as my brain calms down to get up later at 8 am to start all over and post when I\'m not buzzed and I can be once agien reatached to my Body.......
That about sums it up!

Giddy with excitement over your report, and that I can now get off the pins!  :o
Glad to hear you had a such a great time. Oh the memories... it all comes flowing back again. I can\'t believe I forgot to mention Gabby La La she was a hoot! I loved the Backpac song. Oh and the boogy man song too that she did with the guys. hee hee loved the Sitar even though at first they had trouble with the volume. Buckehead did the whole Star Wars medly here too, the crowd went crazy. Did the chicken make an appearence?  Thanks for the glowing report oh and telling about what songs were played. Mystery solved!

gkg

not to mention SPONGEBOB movie!

seriously - i am really bummed i had to miss the show - sounds fantastic!!  so glad you had a ripping time Chris - knew that you would.

thank you for the great play by play!!
Peace.

image = <i>"Blue Velvet"</i> (front of 2-sided piece) (c) georgia k griffin - all rights reserved

sngwthme

November 17, 2004, 11:21:38 pm #18 Last Edit: November 17, 2004, 11:23:07 pm by SNGWTHME
Just thought I would let ya know that along with a reggae CD by Sanchez that I have been searching for and the new Geroge Winston, I finaly picked up "The big eyeball in the sky" Chris I know you will be proud of me. ;)

gkg

Peace.

sngwthme

November 19, 2004, 06:28:48 pm #20 Last Edit: November 19, 2004, 06:55:31 pm by SNGWTHME
My favs... Buckehead. The lyrics are really great! What a way to tell the story. My favorite line goes something like, his posture is fighting with his height, or no it is, in rebellion with his height. Ha ha ha that is interesting to me. Sorry I am weird.
Have to agree on Tyranny of the hunt. That really helped get my heart rate up on the treadmill at the gym. Elephant Ghost no question a fav. I think it\'s Junior that is another one, the guitar starts really fast, I like that. I have enjoyed all of it. Although I do have to say it all sounds much better live.

Not sure about Mason Williams, will have to check that out, but George Winston, I have been following him for years. When he did the soundtrack for The Velveteen Rabbit, the one with Meryl Streep as the narrator, 20 years ago I was hooked! It is my absolute favorite story. He is a wonderful solo pianist. He plays Guitar too but the piano is his thing. Very mellow, meditative piano playing. A couple years ago he did a tribute to the doors. I was all over that. Still listen to that probably once a week. Here check out his site,

http://www.georgewinston.com/index.html

and next time you go to the record Shoppe go to the the new age section or world music, however they have it categorized, and take a listen if they have a station. There are listening capability on his site but Unfortunately you can\'t order from him directly, you have to use Amazon or something, but his stuff is in almost every record store I have been too. His new one that I just picked up is "Montana - a Love story" the title alone was enough for me. I love Montana! If they have The Doors tribute which is called Night divides the day, Get it! The artwork on the cover by itself will draw you in. Wish I had a print of that. I will also recommend Forest. He has a full classical Orchestra, Phenomenal! Anyway, take a look.

gkg

November 19, 2004, 09:05:18 pm #21 Last Edit: November 19, 2004, 09:05:59 pm by gkg
Winston is great for piano - and i love Mason Williams, have some old vinyl of his - Dad got me hooked via the Smothers Brothers, one of the few TV shows he liked to watch, once we finally got him to buy a TV.

but...

the person who played guitar more sweetly than most others would have to be "Tom" Jobim, Antonio Carlos Jobim.  trippingly easy, beautifully melodic... sigh...  so pretty.

his style was a world away from Buckethead - who is a master shredder in my eyes.  their styles are quite divergent - and yet, there is something in the grace of BH\'s fingering at times that reminds me of Jobim.
Peace.

Travis

No Chris, you not, six degrees of separation is totally fair game, plus I love Classical Gas. Remember the Video that went with it?

gkg

grab away, Sweetie - and try to track the video - well worth it.
Peace.

Travis

I tried here , but apparently it\'s not going to be so easy.http://www.classicalgas.com/

caper

classical gas is hot
so hard driving and then that spiralling spinout at the end yes !

the video maker dan mclaughlin went to ucla it looks like.  here is a link with titles and a few short clips of his work (not classical gas video, its not even listed, altoe i think it was a remake of god is dog spelled backwards)

http://animation.filmtv.ucla.edu/students/dan/dan.html

check out esp  >claude  :P   >the star bangled banner  :\'(
the map is not the territory