New!
Thanatopsis "Requiem" Available now.

Studio Videos

Live in studio performances

Young Buckethead - Acoustic Shards

Started by matt, May 14, 2007, 04:10:31 am

Previous topic - Next topic

matt

Apparently within the next month or so Buckethead will be releasing 2 albums called Acoustic Shards, does anyone else know something about this, maybe Travis?

Boots

from Jas O. posted at .tk

Some details:

Imagine, if you will, that Buckethead walked into a quiet living room, picked up an acoustic guitar, and began improvising one amazing composition after the next -- that\'s what happened when we recorded "Acoustic Shards" back in 1991. (It was taped a couple of weeks after the final Deli Creeps concert on the Young Buckethead DVDs, but is quite different musically.) It is a single-CD, 52:30 minutes in length, 15 tracks. Included are very early versions of "For Mom" and "Who Me?" as well as a lot of stuff you\'ve never heard before. The playing is spectacular -- some of it sounds like Django Reinhardt meets Ornette Coleman meets young EVH meets . . . well, that which is uniquely and lovably Buckethead. Some passages are so advanced you\'d swear it\'s two guitarists -- but it was all recorded in real time and without overdubs -- while other parts are just melodically beautiful beyond words. So far, everyone who\'s heard it has said it\'s the kind of music that resonates in you long after the stereo\'s been turned off.

The CD will be ready in about two weeks -- it\'s just shipped to the manufacturer. We haven\'t had time to update the website.

Buckethead did do the artwork for the CD.

As soon as it\'s in-hand, I\'ll announce it on the youngbuckethead.com website and put a couple of them on eBay.

Needless to say i\'m extremely excited about this, and all future Avabella releases.
Music and Rhythm find their way into the secret places of the soul. -Plato

Slunker

As far as I know it\'ll be one cd only, but that\'s more than good enough for me!  ;D

And only 2 weeks away, that\'s amazing!  :o

severedhand

awesome ! I can\'t wait!! however I\'m still waiting to hear back about the blueprints!! woohoo anyhoo I\'m still jamming out In Search Of The and I just can\'t get enough.. hehe I wonder what the quality will be like on this "acoustic shards"

MRB

May 17, 2007, 12:26:20 am #4 Last Edit: May 17, 2007, 12:26:58 am by MRB
Wow, that sounds incredible. Can\'t wait to get my hands \'n ears on that wedge.

I know a lot of people have been waiting for a Colma 2, this sounds like it will more than hold them over.

Maybe there\'s an acoustic tour in the works?

a man can dream, can\'t he?

DR5150

I really look forward to it, but I really don\'t think it will be anything like a "Colma 2" like everyone is expecting. I think it will be a more raw sounding and more improvised album. Also remember that Colma was a very emotional album for Bucket, whereas this album will likely not have the same emotion. Nonetheless it will be an amazing album that I will have to order. While I\'m at it I should finally get the Young Buckethead DVD\'s that I\'ve been wanting for so long but postponing to be able to afford other Bucket albums.

Slunker

QuoteI really look forward to it, but I really don\'t think it will be anything like a "Colma 2" like everyone is expecting. I think it will be a more raw sounding and more improvised album. Also remember that Colma was a very emotional album for Bucket, whereas this album will likely not have the same emotion. Nonetheless it will be an amazing album that I will have to order. While I\'m at it I should finally get the Young Buckethead DVD\'s that I\'ve been wanting for so long but postponing to be able to afford other Bucket albums.

I agree that people who paint this up to be a "Colma 2" will be somewhat disappointed. Colma is a very special album, and like you said, this album will probably be a bit more rough in the sound. If you anticipate yet another great Buckethead release, you\'re probably going to be right, but if you expect it to be "bigger" than it is, you might feel.. I don\'t know, but maybe "let down".

Personally, I\'m not going to expect it to be like anything else, I\'m going to take it as it is and love it for what it is.

ZQ

hmmm... Electric Tears...BEaUtiFUL!....hmmmm...now Acoustic Shards...me thinkz my eyes are gonna bleed tears...for starts.
Big Hugz  :)

Joy follows a pure thought like a shadow that never leaves.

severedhand

any word on this recording ?? whats it sound most like? colma or electric tears? or something all its own? I see they have the tracklist up on wikipedia..

Iceman24

I\'m really interested in it, but I wonder if the sound quality is any good.

Keith_SIO

I don\'t think it would be too hard to capture an acoustuc guitar and make it sound great. I also think it was probably done in a studio or something like it, where bucket would lay down ideas. I\'m sure it doesn\'t sound bad.

Veinsonfire

DUFFATRON

The cd is great just got it today, ghost upstairs and thugs are good ones ( not that they all aren\'t but those both grabbed me)