New!
Thanatopsis "Requiem" Available now.

Studio Videos

Live in studio performances

clean bill of health

Started by ashpatton, January 29, 2007, 07:22:41 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

ashpatton

I own over 500 cd\'s by various artists. About 40 of those cd\'s are buckethead or buckethead related. Since I started listening to Buckethead in 2000, I do not give much time to my other 440 or so cd\'s. I will listen to Buckethead for months at a time, and then return to my other cd\'s for only days at a time only to miss listening to Buckethead. Is this healthy? Only you, my fellow bots can give me the diagnosise that I want to hear.
P.S. Before Buckethead, I used to give most of my listening time to the god of all singers Mike Patton. But even he cannot hold my attention like the great Buckethead.

DR5150

Dude I\'m sure your fine, I have the same problem, and seeing as how I just found out about Bucket only about a year ago, I don\'t think I\'ll be getting tired of him any time soon, I have a lot of CD\'s that he\'s on that I have to catch up on buying. And where I live we can\'t even get Buckethead CD\'s, I have to have them shipped in from TDRS or amazon. So far I already have 11 CD\'s with Buckethead, all of them bought within the last two months, most being Buckethead albums but some being stuff like Gorgone and stuff like that.

So, my diagnosis is simply that it isn\'t your fault, it\'s Buckethead\'s fault for creating such amazing work... You\'ve just been brainwashed is all, and you\'re not the only one.

Slunker

Yeah, don\'t worry, you\'re fine.  ;D

Either that, or I\'m just as nuts as you are. I\'m listening to Buckethead nonstop, and it seems all my money these days go into buying more and more albums featuring him.

Much like DR5150, I only recently discovered Buckethead actually. Well, I\'ve listened to Primus and the stuff by Les Claypool (including Bucket of Bernie Brains) for ages now so I knew about him and his stuff, but it\'s only recently (god knows why) I started buying his albums. I think bought the first one (Monsters & Robots) in October last year, and right now I have 16 albums by him. And I just got Chicken Noodles and Gorgone today.

So, what I\'m trying to say here is that you\'re either as sane as sane can be, or we\'re all just about as loco as you are!

Jordanatron

March 22, 2007, 01:12:23 am #3 Last Edit: April 08, 2007, 11:28:36 am by Breastmeat
Im coco for cuckoo puffs ;D
Be true to yourself you can't go wrong.
Mr Bocbacoc
ISOT-206 BP-17 DCK-228

superslidetail

QuoteIm coco for cookoo puffs ;D
Hahaha, best line ever!

Stratman

His music is wicked addictive, and there is so much material to own collectors wet themselves just thinking about it. I first heard about him when his Guitar World video lesson came out i think last February and now i own ALL of his solo works and am starting to collect side projects. I don\'t think you\'re sick, he\'s just that good.

Boots

just make sure you have the Mike Patton and Buckethead live bootlegs. Moonraker i think tis called.
Music and Rhythm find their way into the secret places of the soul. -Plato

bucketbot

QuoteI own over 500 cd\'s by various artists. About 40 of those cd\'s are buckethead or buckethead related. Since I started listening to Buckethead in 2000, I do not give much time to my other 440 or so cd\'s. I will listen to Buckethead for months at a time, and then return to my other cd\'s for only days at a time only to miss listening to Buckethead. Is this healthy? Only you, my fellow bots can give me the diagnosise that I want to hear.
P.S. Before Buckethead, I used to give most of my listening time to the god of all singers Mike Patton. But even he cannot hold my attention like the great Buckethead.

I suffer a similar complaint...But hell I like it!!Do you like it too?  ;D  ;D
DO YOU HAVE ANY HEADCHEESE!!??

Orn

I "suffer" from the same thing.  Ever since I discovered Buckethead(which was fairly recently, around November of last year, but still).  I\'ve found most other music...less than Buckethead, almost uninteresting.

Like, whenever I\'m listening to a song, there\'s always a part of my mind that\'s thinking "Hey, how about we listen to some Buckethead?".  My collection is still relatively small(Consists of Electric Tears, Colma, Giant Robot, and Monsters & Robots), but every time I get a new album, I listen to it almost exclusively.

I\'m now saving up for In Search Of The, which is a project that just blows my mind.

ZQ

Me thinkz youz healthy...yes indeedy...co\'s if youz got a sign of a sickness, me thinkz i mist be dead...co\'s I listen to Buckethead 110%! Ya I have tried now and then to dig up old corpses...but I need Buckethead sledgeing me in the head ... gorey glee...makes me the happiest... and disembodied like a floating bunny head!
big hugz!  :-*

Joy follows a pure thought like a shadow that never leaves.

Matthew

Haha look like there are quite a few of us with this problem! ;D
I like it though! ;)
I try often to put something else on, but within just a few minuets (or one or two songs) I am back listening to Buckethead.
He is really AMAZING to be able to have this affect on so many people!