New!
Thanatopsis "Requiem" Available now.

Studio Videos

Live in studio performances

Buckethead\'s Disney Album??

Started by zimbopolus, April 01, 2007, 03:59:33 am

Previous topic - Next topic

zimbopolus

I have read about it and I even saw a clip of the cd case sitting on a table on the secret recipe dvd. I heard from the bucketheadland web site that Buckethead"s waiting to make it perfect. Is this even true? Does he have a finished copy that he keeps all to himself? Does anyone else wonder about this piece of music?
Itchy Wah

superslidetail

I read something about that being his last release ever and he wants it to be his best album hes ever done.  Im guessing he\'s constantly thinking about it and has it in the back of his mind all the time.  I wouldn\'t expect this to be released anytime soon.   But thats just my opinion.

DR5150

This question has been asked a few times over the years. I searched the old boards and found these:

This is from 2002
http://www.tdrsmusic.com/wwwboard/messages/258.html

This is from 2003
http://www.tdrsmusic.com/wwwboard/messages/1004.html

So as you can see, it\'s somewhat of a mystery that has kept Buckethead fans in anticipation for years, just as the fabled Colma 2 has, and possibly may not be released until further in the future. I still wait for this album, I really look forward to it, and I think about it  every couple of weeks or so, but all we can really do is wait...

Maybe Travis can shed some more light on this in this post, if there\'s been any new progress at all in the last four years, if it will ever be released, or if it is a forgotten project. To me it seems like this isn\'t something Buckethead would just forget about or ignore, it seems like this would be one of his favorite projects to do, and perhaps like superslidetail said, it may be saved for his last release... If that is the case, I hope I don\'t see it released for at least another 40 years, because if it marks the retirement of Buckethead, it would be an amazing, yet sad gift to his fans...

matt

If it is his last, I hope I never see it released.

superslidetail

QuoteIf it is his last, I hope I never see it released.
I second that, if thats the trade-off.   :(

Cobretti

Last album - Bucket\'s still a young robot, he\'s what 37/38 - He\'s got many years left giving us amazing music yet.

maxboi

April 05, 2007, 03:37:31 pm #6 Last Edit: April 05, 2007, 03:42:10 pm by maxboi
looks like the Residents\' Not available project to me. Maybe buckethead just keep that one for himself.

zimbopolus

I was just sitting here thinking about how much buckethead gives to his fans and then it hit me. Maybe Buckethead made (or is making) the Disney album as a gift to himself. I really do think that he has a complete or near complete copy of it that that he treasures. All artists have a favorite piece and I bet that\'s Bucket\'s. It\'s hard to say, only he knows. I don\'t think he will ever release it.
Itchy Wah