New!
Thanatopsis "Requiem" Available now.

Studio Videos

Live in studio performances

SEE BUCKETHEAD LIVE!!!!!

Started by kaptkopter, August 09, 2006, 02:43:30 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

kaptkopter

:D Buckethead will be touring again starting in September & I can tell you that live he is a man on a mission. Do whatever it takes to get to one (or more) of his shows. I have no vested interest in saying this. But I have been going to shows since 1972 & I can tell you to watch Big B play in person answered a lot of questions for me about his ability to recreate some of his music live.Yes, he is the best guitarist I have ever seen, hands down. Buckethead live is illuminating. I guess its because of the freedom of the stage but I think he just wants to satisfy the ticket buyers,but he will unleash and go for broke on every song. He will play some of the most beautiful music you will ever hear live coming from a guitar. And he will play some of the most savage industrial strength music that makes you feel like a Tank is going to plow thru the venue at any given moment. Just Go, so you will understand if you haven\'t seen him.
Buckethead is going to be the guy who rewrote the book on guitar technique.

Senzabot

If only he\'d come to Europe. Specifically the UK... hint hint...

Indra

Oh, I\'m goin\' all right.  Just got tickets yesterday.  

Pretty cool that he\'s kicking off the tour in Lawrence, KS - I guess he likes us here now.      

;D

555_666

I would if he came to Vancouver, BC.

The closest I came to seeing him was when he came to Seattle (in January?).

Hopefully he can look past the whole B.S when it comes to crossing the Canada-US border. It really sucks now. Everyone\'s a terrosist now apparently.

zapmax

QuoteI would if he came to Vancouver, BC.

The closest I came to seeing him was when he came to Seattle (in January?).

Hopefully he can look past the whole B.S when it comes to crossing the Canada-US border. It really sucks now. Everyone\'s a terrosist now apparently.

The Seattle show was awesome! Here some video I shot of the opening song "Jordan".  Hope Buckethead returns to Seattle soon. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wk-XWElfw0w

Indra

So, I did see Buckethead and Friends live last night.  

Absolutely mind-blowing.  That 1 Guy was a great fit for the overall sound and a pretty fun entertainer to boot.  I never did find out what he calls that particular instrument and I\'ve never heard anything like it, either.  

Tons of new stuff played, hard to tell if they were new songs, improvisations or a combination of both, but either way the sound was amazingly good and the guys were in top form.  The band also played for a little over 2 1/2 hours!  

I simply can\'t say enough about the performance and skills of the amazing Bucket, even after all this time he still finds paths to explore that no one else can even conceive of.

And it was actually good ol\' Pinchface on drums, not the mysterious "Rene".  

This is one I\'ll be remembering for a long time.  Just, wow.

jigsaw

September 15, 2006, 06:42:31 am #6 Last Edit: September 15, 2006, 06:42:58 am by jigsaw
QuoteSo, I did see Buckethead and Friends live last night.  

The band also played for a little over 2 1/2 hours!  

wow.

great review,

thanks.  I will be at the detroit shows and all 4 NC shows.   Does bucket play 2 sets??

please say yes.  I love my set breaks
you are what you is

Mozy_Bot

great review,

thanks.  I will be at the detroit shows and all 4 NC shows.   Does bucket play 2 sets??

please say yes.  I love my set breaks

Yes he usually plays two sets
ISOT #3 DCK #40  Blueprints #5  Cyborg Slunks #31 Painting-2 - #31  
Best Regards # 258

zapmax

QuoteSo, I did see Buckethead and Friends live last night.  

Absolutely mind-blowing.  That 1 Guy was a great fit for the overall sound and a pretty fun entertainer to boot.  I never did find out what he calls that particular instrument and I\'ve never heard anything like it, either.  

Tons of new stuff played, hard to tell if they were new songs, improvisations or a combination of both, but either way the sound was amazingly good and the guys were in top form.  The band also played for a little over 2 1/2 hours!  

I simply can\'t say enough about the performance and skills of the amazing Bucket, even after all this time he still finds paths to explore that no one else can even conceive of.

And it was actually good ol\' Pinchface on drums, not the mysterious "Rene".  

This is one I\'ll be remembering for a long time.  Just, wow.

What CDs were forsale at the show?  Any other new merchandise?

Indra

Yep, there was a 15-min. break in between sets, also, That 1 Guy actually opened the show, he played for about 30-35 mins.  Show started at about 9:05p and ended at 1:15am!  This was including almost an hour in between the opening set and Bucket, which was really kind of painful.  I\'ve never had to wait so long in between sets at any show I\'ve ever been to (which is quite a few).  But of course it was well worth it!  

As far as merch goes, from memory there was:

Elephant Man\'s
Inbred Mt.
Gorgone
All 3 Thanatopsis
Japanese release of Giant Robot (2CD)
Cuckoo Clocks
13th Anniv. DVD
Electric Tears
Kaleidoscalp
Dawn of Deli Creeps

That\'s all I can remember of the media for sale, I\'m sure there was a bit more but there was also a whole slew of new T-shirts and they were almost all ones I\'d never seen before.  I would\'ve gotten one but I\'d already dropped $15 for Elephant Man\'s and couldn\'t afford another 20 for a shirt.  Next time around...  

jigsaw

does bucket still play in the middle of the stage or is pinchy in the middle now?

you are what you is

bornalive

Giant Robot Japanese edition ? 2 CDs ?

Or... Bucketheadland ?

Sljuka

This thread has gotten me very excited.  I can\'t wait to see buckethead!  I even bought him a very unique gift off of ebay  8)

robotman

My first buckethead show was last night in chicago.  Just wanted to share a few thoughts. That 1 Guy opened and played about 40 min. He is an amazing musician too. After about a 15 min. intermission, he joined buckethead and the show really got going. They played almost 2 and a half hours, with only a short break for the toy giveaway.  A little of everything was played. Some old favorites and some new stuff too. The hendrix stuff was mind numbing. Amazing how buckethead is able to stand back, and allow That 1 Guy  to take the lead at times.  This lineup is really a treat to watch and hear. Hope you can get to see them.

Indra

QuoteGiant Robot Japanese edition ? 2 CDs ?

Or... Bucketheadland ?

It probably was Bucketheadland, yeah.  I don\'t read Japanese, so I couldn\'t make out the title, only that it was a little older and 2 CDs so that makes sense.