New!
Thanatopsis "Requiem" Available now.

Studio Videos

Live in studio performances

New 13 Vol Buckethead CDs

Started by Mozy_Bot, February 13, 2007, 11:45:39 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Giant_Robot

Hi yall, im new to the fourm. Iv been a big Buckethead fan for years thow. This new 13 wedge set has got me freaking out. I dont know what to do with myself, Im going crazy. Got to get my hands on this, I just know that this will be gone vary soon, never to be seen again. This will never end up on ebay. If I miss out on this I will always regreat it, argg I need $200.

DR5150

QuoteGot to get my hands on this, I just know that this will be gone vary soon, never to be seen again. This will never end up on ebay. If I miss out on this I will always regreat it, argg I need $200.

That\'s my fear exactly, I don\'t think I could live without the entire set, but I know my parents won\'t let me buy it all at once. If it was over the period of a year, 1 disc a month, I\'m sure it wouldn\'t be a problem. But buying 13 discs at once is literally insane. I just hope Travis will soon know when the set will be discontinued....

Please Travis let us know the discontinuation date as soon as you find out, if you ever find out. I understand that there is little information given to you, but I\'m ripping my hair out over this one.

Travis

You will be perfectly safe to order 1 disc a month. Really it was never intended to be a box set but a collection of CD\'s, collect them trade them, so the rug won\'t get pulled out that fast.

DR5150

QuoteYou will be perfectly safe to order 1 disc a month. Really it was never intended to be a box set but a collection of CD\'s, collect them trade them, so the rug won\'t get pulled out that fast.

Oh, thank our lord savior Buckethead, I can now take it easy for a while, I was losing my mind. But I did pick up an extra shift at work to pay for it, I\'m 1/4 of the way there :)

Thanks again Travis!

Giant_Robot

QuoteYou will be perfectly safe to order 1 disc a month. Really it was never intended to be a box set but a collection of CD\'s, collect them trade them, so the rug won\'t get pulled out that fast.

Nice, still I dont want to take any chances. Plus I need to hear whats on these. Im just gready like that.  ;)

bigbri

What about 1 every 2 months or so? That\'s my financial reality.

Slunker

Ah, I was worried that this would run out like at the end of the month, so I splurged and ordered the whole lot. Oh well, I was probably gonna order them all somewhere down the line anyway, so I might as well save on the shipping then.  ;D

bukk3tbot

Ah, I was worried that this would run out like at the end of the month, so I splurged and ordered the whole lot. Oh well, I was probably gonna order them all somewhere down the line anyway, so I might as well save on the shipping then.  ;D

and save 60 bucks on the total cost as well  ;)

Slunker

and save 60 bucks on the total cost as well  ;)

Right you are, I forgot about the fact that you get three cd\'s more or less for free when you order the whole lot. All in all, I\'ve estimated that I\'ve saved around $100 by ordering it all in one go.

Now THAT\'S cool!  8)

davidh2087

I am so exited about this new set. I wonder where buckethead had the time to make these though. I mean, 13 discs is ALOT of material and he just got off tour not that long ago (like december...?) i am amazed at how fast he can create these masterpieces!

So far i have bought "I","N"

By the way, i saw that they are limited edition...just how limited, does that mean that if i don\'t buy them in the next month they will be gone?
-|)@\\V/!|)

djhash

QuoteIt\'s hand made, hand burned. The cover is whatever is deemed to be written on it. This is not a manufactured deal, each one is different and will be numbered and monogramed. No two of these will be the same.
As far as the content, I don\'t know, but the mystery around it is no surprise.

so i am assuming you mean there is 13 new cds of material. they are the only new realeases, only each customer gets unique artwork for their copy. its not like each cd is origional material only for that customers copy is it? i dont think so but its a teensy bit vague.. :)
kill at will.

Matthew

Im ordering it tonight for sure. I love getting something new that I have no clue what to think. Buckethead has never dissapointed me yet...
Anyways, I got a job for stuff like this in the first place! I\'m super exited! ;D

Slunker

QuoteI am so exited about this new set. I wonder where buckethead had the time to make these though. I mean, 13 discs is ALOT of material and he just got off tour not that long ago (like december...?) i am amazed at how fast he can create these masterpieces!

So far i have bought "I","N"

By the way, i saw that they are limited edition...just how limited, does that mean that if i don\'t buy them in the next month they will be gone?

There\'s always the possibility that Buckethead didn\'t record this just recently as well. He could have recorded some stuff just now, maybe stuff that didn\'t fit onto Pepper\'s Ghost, but there could also be unreleased tracks from earlier in his career on here as well. Sort of left-over songs that didn\'t make it onto any album. This could be the "odds and ends" stuff Travis was talking about earlier. Just because it says that all 13 cd\'s will have original music doesn\'t mean that it\'s brand new.

As for your question about the fact that this is a limited edition offering, Travis said a few posts back that you don\'t have to worry about this running out any time soon. It\'s limited edition, but he implied that you can order 1-2 a month and still be able to buy them periodically. So, from what I can tell, they won\'t be around forever but they will still last quite a long time. They won\'t run out next month, that\'s for sure.  :)

so i am assuming you mean there is 13 new cds of material. they are the only new realeases, only each customer gets unique artwork for their copy. its not like each cd is origional material only for that customers copy is it? i dont think so but its a teensy bit vague.. :)

From what I understand, and I\'m sure this is the case, the artwork for each cd will be totally unique. They will more or less feature whatever Buckethead can think up at the moment, if I understand correctly. Other than the artwork and all that stuff, the 13 cd\'s will still contain the same music as anybody elses. Personally, I think it wouldn\'t be fair if some people got a particular track and some didn\'t, but then again: you never know with Buckethead.

Bottom line, if you ask me: the artwork will be different for each person, the music will be the same.

Boots

Thanks to Travis\' postings, i have decided that i will be able to hold off on buying the whole slab untill i can afford it, as right now is just not a good time for my budget. I\'m now over the "In Search Of" OOP fear, and i feel like i will most certainly own this set in the upcomming months.
Music and Rhythm find their way into the secret places of the soul. -Plato

Solar

This is a really, really cool idea. TRADEABLE BUCKETHEAD CDS. It\'s like Pokemon. But.... more disturbing.

I just went through and read this entire thread because I couldn\'t believe what I was looking at. I need to order at least one of these, to know what it\'s all about. But... I definatly can\'t afford much else. $200 is way too steep for me. I\'m struggling finacially as it is.

Darn you Buckethead! Your shredding will be the end of me.