New!
Thanatopsis "Requiem" Available now.

Studio Videos

Live in studio performances

New 13 Vol Buckethead CDs

Started by Mozy_Bot, February 13, 2007, 11:45:39 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Mozy_Bot

February 13, 2007, 11:45:39 pm Last Edit: February 14, 2007, 12:31:37 am by Mozy_Bot
Travis - WOW   :D :D :D :D

Can you give us any details on this?  Styles, collaborators ...  etc.

Thanks,

Mozy
ISOT #3 DCK #40  Blueprints #5  Cyborg Slunks #31 Painting-2 - #31  
Best Regards # 258

keagan2387

holy holy this is amazing

Frump

This is too much, my brain is melting! What next?
A thirteen hour long show, in Disneyland. You heard it here first!   ;)

I want to buy the full set, but I know I can\'t afford it right now, I\'m gonna have to do it like 2 discs a month.

Travis, do you know if there will be any differance if you buy the full set at once, or get it piece by piece?

IceNine

Mozy_Bot

February 14, 2007, 01:06:47 am #4 Last Edit: February 14, 2007, 01:07:12 am by Mozy_Bot
QuoteOrdered!

Love your screen name "IceNine"- Vonnegut rules!!!
Best Regards # 258

IceNine

Love your screen name "IceNine"- Vonnegut rules!!!
He is my favorite writer!

bukk3tbot

mcmurray

Geranyl

February 14, 2007, 03:22:43 am #8 Last Edit: February 14, 2007, 03:26:44 am by Geranyl
I\'m not sure what to say here. I think it\'s a bit unfair to place such a mystery up for sale with no clues as to what exactly it contains. In a way this makes me feel like designer label shopping - buying it for the name.

I don\'t think I can justify this one to myself, sorry to say.

rschuch

February 14, 2007, 04:21:43 am #9 Last Edit: February 14, 2007, 04:31:33 am by rschuch
Yeah, I agree. $200 isn\'t chump change for anyone, and there\'s not even a playlist, track lengths or anything, not to mention what style or styles he\'s playing in. 13 cds worth of Blueprints or Kaleidoscalp-type fragmented dissonant material would be a stretch for even the most open-minded bots, but then so would 13 cds of Electric Tears, as much as I love it.

With the Thanatopsis cds you give us an idea of what to expect (especially with Chicken Noodles and Gorgone).

Is there ANY WAY to get an idea of what on these cds, or even better, what\'s on EACH cd with a tracklist? It must cover a range of styles and I\'d like to focus on buying stuff I REALLY like than stuff that\'s so-so (obviously).

Was all this done during his time off since October, or is this music from his vaults? Are you on any of these, Travis? And lastly, will any or all of these be available for download (which would be more affordable!!).

redwingfan1234

Word on the street is that all of the CD\'s are like Death Cube K\'s "Tunnel" cd.

rschuch

Mozy_Bot

QuoteWord on the street is that all of the CD\'s are like Death Cube K\'s "Tunnel" cd.

Travis - redwingfan1234 - just posted the following on TK:

Ok, this is farfetched, but is it possible travis\'s site has been hacked?

Obvious reasons:
1- There are 13 new Buckethead CDs that are somehow shipping before Peppers Ghost
2- There are 13 new Buckethead CDs
3- Individually, each CD costs 20 bucks. That\'s 5 dollars more PER CD than he charges every other day of the week for any other CD. Oh, and there\'s 13 of them.
4- Domestic shipping comes to $6.50. On Travis\'s site, it normally costs $3.00 to ship a single CD
5- Absolutely no information given about these CDs. (Obviously we as fans are pretty much blind as to the style of upcoming Buckethead CD\'s, but this doesn\'t even specify whether each of the 13 is a full length CD, which would seem like an absolute necessary detail to include considering I could buy 480 cans of Golden Anniversary Beer with 200 bucks, which would satisfy my beer needs for a few months).

Less obvious/meaningful reasons:
1- Travis\'s order form has slightly changed. For instance, you always used to be able specify a title for yourself when entering your address (I was always "Dr." Chris, haha).

Can you validate this for us?
Best Regards # 258

bigbri

QuoteWord on the street is that all of the CD\'s are like Death Cube K\'s "Tunnel" cd.

If that\'s the case, my decision on how I\'m going to find $200 for this has been made quite easy.

redwingfan1234

February 14, 2007, 05:13:19 am #14 Last Edit: February 14, 2007, 05:14:46 am by redwingfan1234
Hey, just to let you guys know, I\'m not trying to create havoc here or anything, I just wanted people to be careful. 200 dollars is a freakin ton of money. But, if we can get some kind of confirmation from Travis, then that will no doubt be $200 well spent.

And Travis, could you at bare minimum provide an average playing time for the set? .... pretty please?

Oh, and I was joking about the whole "Tunnel" thing