Started by JSTHERACON, February 23, 2007, 10:57:45 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

JSTHERACON

Is that part of the concept too?

To "Search" for it     ;D ;D ;D ;D

I am just surprised it\'s not listed in TDRS catalog store or the front page

For BUCKETHEAD projects go here, what are you doing procrastinatin? Order them

Solar

Me too. I wondered that. Peppers Ghost is still there as Bucketheads latest release.

JSTHERACON

QuoteMe too. I wondered that. Peppers Ghost is still there as Bucketheads latest release.

Here\'s another question for Travis.

Couldn\'t you scan the discs to tell us what the time length of each "In Search of The " discs come clocked in at?  This would be the least I would ask for.

There\'s just something lacking in the description. When you say Slabs and Wedges? That could be one track on each disc .......
I can\'t pay 200 for 13 tracks

A brief description would be great. You said you were shipping them so you could tell the fans what it all contains.

You wouldn\'t be giving anything away I would think. I think it\'s good business sense to delve into a little bit more for those that ordered this set.

Solar

I agree. Being mysterious is one thing, but potentially being ripped off is another. $200 is simply too much money to risk something like this, when we have absolutly nothing to base a decision on, except it\'s Buckethead. Of course, we don\'t know if it\'s all original, or if they\'re live recordings, or if it\'s a greatest hits type of thing, or even if it\'s all actual music. I find it hard to believe that, as mighty as he is, Buckethead can pull 13 disks of music out of his bum like this.

I guess we\'ll just have to wait untill the pre-order people get theirs, so they can tell us what they think.

rschuch

February 24, 2007, 01:26:55 pm #4 Last Edit: February 24, 2007, 01:28:45 pm by rschuch
Just read the description, man. And I quote.

"All new all original Buckethead
13 wedge set.

13 CD\'s of original music straight from the coop."

Doesn\'t sound like rehashed bootlegs (which most of us hardcore BH fans have all of already) or old demos to me. He was on tour and STILL managed to release Inbred Mtn., EMAC and CSS one right after the other. The guy is ..uh, well... a machine.

That\'s cool if you wanna wait. I waited for 3 whole days from when I heard!! The reviews will be coming in mid-week. Better to wait and buy the whole thing with confidence and save yourself about $100 including shipping than one at a time and then be stuck doing it that way.

Slunker

QuoteOf course, we don\'t know if it\'s all original, or if they\'re live recordings, or if it\'s a greatest hits type of thing, or even if it\'s all actual music. I find it hard to believe that, as mighty as he is, Buckethead can pull 13 disks of music out of his bum like this.

Well, it\'s most definitely not demos of old songs, live stuff or anything resembling a greatest hits collection, because as rschuch said, the description clearly states that all 13 discs will contain original music. Which, of course, means that the music will be brand new, or at least previously unreleased.

Also, I\'m not expecting that these cd\'s will be 100% jampacked with songs, but I\'m guessing there will be at least around 5-7 songs per disc. I\'m just guessing of course, but I would most likely be very happy if that\'s what we would be getting. Also, I\'m sure that quite a few of the songs could be quite long, even though some may be just short snippets. You never know, but that\'s part of the magic of this set, if you ask me. Plus, you get the no doubt kick ass artwork and personalized packaging from Buckethead HIMSELF, and that\'s worth a lot to me. All in all, $200 may be a bit steep to spend on something you don\'t know anything about, but that\'s part of the beauty I think. Trusting Buckethead blindly, I still think we won\'t be disappointed without overhyping this.

maxboi

February 24, 2007, 05:48:41 pm #6 Last Edit: February 24, 2007, 05:50:59 pm by maxboi
I only hope that the recording quality will be good. I wouldnt want to spend 200$ on 13 poor demos quality cds.

Slunker

I don\'t know if it\'s just me, but I\'ve got a feeling we\'ll be seeing a very mixed set of songs of these cd\'s, both stylewise and qualitywise. I could definitely see both well-produced tracks such as on EMAC or CSS, but also tracks of "lesser quality" such as the ones on Funnel Weaver. I don\'t know why, but I just can\'t see Buckethead settling for one type of songs on an enormous collection of music such as this one.

DR5150

You guys worry too much! I\'m sure everything that you get on these 13 discs will be worth every cent! Seriously, has Buckethead ever failed you or failed to meet your expectations? He sure hasn\'t dissapointed me, and that\'s why I bought it without question. I\'m sure there will be a few poor quality tracks and just plain bad songs, but I\'m sure we\'ll also be getting a lot of amazing tracks. I can\'t wait for my set to arrive, I know I\'ll like it, everything I ever seen or heard of Buckethead has impressed me. Well that\'s not exactly truth, at first I hated Buckethead, thought he was a crappy guitar player that should be in a circus, but man was I wrong. Buckethead is genius, and I think that every single track on every disc will show us that that\'s exactly what he is.

JSTHERACON

Well, it\'s most definitely not demos of old songs, live stuff or anything resembling a greatest hits collection, because as rschuch said, the description clearly states that all 13 discs will contain original music. Which, of course, means that the music will be brand new, or at least previously unreleased.

Also, I\'m not expecting that these cd\'s will be 100% jampacked with songs, but I\'m guessing there will be at least around 5-7 songs per disc. I\'m just guessing of course, but I would most likely be very happy if that\'s what we would be getting. Also, I\'m sure that quite a few of the songs could be quite long, even though some may be just short snippets. You never know, but that\'s part of the magic of this set, if you ask me. Plus, you get the no doubt kick ass artwork and personalized packaging from Buckethead HIMSELF, and that\'s worth a lot to me. All in all, $200 may be a bit steep to spend on something you don\'t know anything about, but that\'s part of the beauty I think. Trusting Buckethead blindly, I still think we won\'t be disappointed without overhyping this.

I remember I bought a Grab Bag tape from the ol days of Bucketworld. And it was like more than 98.8 percent of the stuff I had. I wasn\'t really too happy with that.
So I have that kind of premeditated worry when it comes to stuff that I don\'t know from this guy. If it\'s 13 discs like Funnel Weaver, I dunno I mean I can only take so many riffs.

I salute your faith and loyalty,Slunker. CD-R\'s for 200 always gives me pause and I think it\'s cool he just suddenly put this out. You guys so have me beat on the completist tag.

Now maybe what I should do is get the other releases first. I keep slipping on the 06 releases.  Which I got to tell you shocked the hell out of me that I got so behind and now this HAHAHA

Elephant Man\'s Clock
Crjme Slunk Scene
Peppers Ghost
Thanatopsis-Anatomize
Gorgone
Chicken Noodles
Please Tommorrow
Deli Creeps

That other DVD "young buckethead"

If I keep putting it off I am going to be kicking myself because I will have to buy another 30 or so.
I dunno it\'s a tough to get on board spending 200.

Travis

The answer is, yes it\'s all part of the concept. As I said in another thread. If you have doubts about buying something you have no information about I highly recommend you don\'t.  I\'ve answered this in more detail in my original "In Search" thread.

slunkatron

I am not in the least worried about what the cds will contain.  I am simply excited to get them.  I have gotten so much enjoyment out of Buckethead\'s music that even if this turns out to be 13 blank cds, I will still be way ahead on enjoyment per dollar spent on Buckethead.  Besides, I am sure they won\'t be blank, and I am always interested in hearing his music.  Even if I don\'t end up liking every song, I know I will find them all interesting.  But I am sure there will be a lot to love in 13 cds worth of music.  As if that isn\'t enough, we still have Pepper\'s Ghost to look forward to.  I can\'t believe how lucky I am to love Buckethead\'s music.  I can\'t think of a more prolific artist.  It really is amazing.  Anyway, I am really excited about this and am very thankful that Buckethead would do something coool like this for his fans.  If you are worried about spending the money, then listen to Travis and wait.  I imagine that Buckethead wanted this to be a fun thing and not something to stress about.

Solar

QuoteYou guys worry too much! I\'m sure everything that you get on these 13 discs will be worth every cent! Seriously, has Buckethead ever failed you or failed to meet your expectations?

Yes. Bucketheadland vol. 2. Mostly weird people talking and not much music. That\'s what I\'m worried about. But I\'m still open-minded, of course. I\'ll wait untill other people get there\'s and see what they think.

superslidetail

Yes. Bucketheadland vol. 2. Mostly weird people talking and not much music. That\'s what I\'m worried about. But I\'m still open-minded, of course. I\'ll wait untill other people get there\'s and see what they think.
Hmm, I thought Vol. 2 was pretty good.  I think there needed to be more actual music, but the music that was there was great.  I just love those riffs, not to mention the tone of the guitar.

Slunker

Hmm, I thought Vol. 2 was pretty good.  I think there needed to be more actual music, but the music that was there was great.  I just love those riffs, not to mention the tone of the guitar.

I definitely agree with you there. I also agree that there could have been more music on it, but it\'s a concept album anyway and I like the style of it. Plus, The Cobra\'s Hood is a really badass song!!  ;D