Thanatopsis "Requiem" Available now.

Studio Videos

Live in studio performances

Rocky Music - Question for Vince

Started by ace, December 25, 2006, 07:31:52 am

Previous topic - Next topic

ace

Hello Vince,

I am a huge Rocky Fan, and ever since I saw Rocky IV, I cannot say more for my utmost appreciation and respect in your work.  You are a highly talented artist.  The "Training Montage", "Hearts On Fire", and "War" made the movie.  I took notice of every sound effect, and every layer of track in each of these pieces when I purchased the Soundtrack, and in my humble opinion, I place you up there with Bill Conti, John Williams, and James Horner.

I have one burning question that I have been, still to this date, trying to find an answer for.

The version of "War" played in the movie is different than the version released on the Rocky IV Soundtrack.  Is there any way I can get/buy a copy or .mp3 of the exact version used in the movie (without all the grunts, cheers, etc. heard in the background during the scene)?  I have been searching for a copy of this version in music stores and online ever since without any luck.

Thanks,
-Ace

Vince DiCola

Dear Ace,

Please forgive my delayed response.  Thanks for your kind words about my music.  I\'ve addressed this subject a few times before on this forum.  The movie versions of my ROCKY IV music have never been released.  Even though I composed the music, I do not own the rights to those recordings -  the film company does.  I tried to get permission to release the score but apparently my request was not important enough to the powers-that-be to warrant a response.  Until and unless I\'m able to secure permission, my only alternative is to create all-new recordings of the material, but for many reasons this is just not practical.  As mentioned here previously, if there\'s ever an opportunity for  those original recordings to be released, an announcement will be made here.

Thanks again for your interest.

Cordially,
Vince