New!
Thanatopsis "Requiem" Available now.

Studio Videos

Live in studio performances

Bucket\'s Yamahas

Started by spencer, February 12, 2005, 07:40:37 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

spencer

Does anyone know what type of Yamaha guitars Buckethead uses?  i\'ve only seen the one\'s he has used... well.. in his hands.

bucketbot

February 17, 2005, 08:12:39 pm #1 Last Edit: February 17, 2005, 10:02:50 pm by hagar1
Didn\'t know he used Yamaha Guitars. But have to say they are good. Used to have an SG1000 Years ago but had to sell it.

Anyway will soon be taking delivery of a brand new SG3000 From the Japanese Custom shop....Every bit as much of a tone monster as a Les Paul....Better some would say...Theres cause for an argument!!!!  Lol
DO YOU HAVE ANY HEADCHEESE!!??

Travis

If your talking about his acoustic, I know I promised more info long ago. Well I\'m holding it in my lap right now. It\'s a Yamaha Compass . Looking in the sound hole the sticker says CPX-15. We use this guitar a lot for recording. Here\'s a pic of B holding it:

spencer

Yeah, thanks Travis, I was referring ot that one and then the one he used at some GNR shows.  If you find a clip of him playing the solo to Nightrain, I believe he is using it.  It\'s solid black, not very flashy, but looked kinda cool.

Thanks again.

hexitt

Hey Travis - do those chickens hanging around creep you out dude? For the record, that\'s the most flesh I\'ve ever seen of Buckethead (hand into wrist and around the eyes). You know I can\'t help to wonder wonder wonder! Come to speak of it, are there any pictures of you anywhere for us to see?

Travis

hexitt

Thanks Travis, how cool! That page is also filled with some great factoids I never knew...

bucketbot

Talkin Yamaha\'s got my SG3000 Custom yesterday, its amazing, a real Gibson Killer!! Cheaper too.

Check out that binding!!

bucketbot

Glad u like the Guitar buddy.
It plays like a dream too.

Cheers ;D ;D ;D ;D

bucketbot

Thats my Air Guitar Man!!!

Sounds like anything you want it to!! ::) ;D

the_fawnky_fangerz

I thought he had one of those Chet Atkins signature Yamaha classical/electric guitars? :-/ I thought that\'s what he played on Big Sur Moon?*runs to check database*
I daydream about stabbing people in the eye with my pen, peeling off their flesh, and stapling it to the wall. Is that bad? I think I could have a nice collection.

spencer

Chet Atkins guitars are made by Gibson and recently Epiphone.  He\'s probably used those too.  He\'s sporadic from what I can see.

the_fawnky_fangerz

I daydream about stabbing people in the eye with my pen, peeling off their flesh, and stapling it to the wall. Is that bad? I think I could have a nice collection.