Thanatopsis "Requiem" Available now.

Studio Videos

Live in studio performances

A Question for Travis

Started by billy_san, June 08, 2006, 04:37:11 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

billy_san

Hey There!

I really like your style on Thanatopsis (all three), I really think you\'ve developed something rather new with your synths (stuff like Simper, Common Ground) and I wanted to ask if you\'ve got roots on the piano? how did you start learning to play?

Travis

Thanks, yes I\'m a piano player first and foremost.  i started to peck away at it when I was about ten. I just played by ear, still do.

billy_san

Did it take any professional teaching? are you self taught? if you are, then can you leave some tips for beginers like us?  ;D

Thanks a bunch and rock on!

PS, Have you thought about a solo record? parhaps a \'solo piano\' or something like that?

Travis

I\'m self taught. My advise is just play. Play every day. If it\'s fun for you you\'ll be fine.

I\'m always working on something, this time it may stay a solo album.

keagan2387

gkg

self-taught?  that\'s impressive - on both your part and the patient folks in earshot when you were a youngster.  :D

looking forward to the possible \'solo\' indeed!
Peace.

image = <i>"Blue Velvet"</i> (front of 2-sided piece) (c) georgia k griffin - all rights reserved

Change

a solo album would be killer!!!!!!

I cant say enough how I absolutely LOVE your work on polulation override (and the thanantopsis albums obviously), and if I dare say so it even overshadows bucketheads playing much of the time on that album in particular.  Keep up the fine work Travis, you are truly, truly an inspiration for many of us!!!  ;D

bigbri

Travis, I think we\'d all just eat up a solo CD. It\'s a good idea. I might have to drag out my keyboard and start playing again.

So, you say just start playing, and playing? Seems so difficult.

davidh2087

A solo album would be awsome, i\'d definately be on board to get one!

Would you tour if you released it? If so, you should come to Austin  :D
-|)@\\V/!|)