Axiology Repress?

Started by bingeneer, January 10, 2015, 10:03:48 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Repress Axiology

Press it on vinyl, I'll buy one.
53 (86.9%)
Repress the CD, I'll buy that.
6 (9.8%)
Already have the CD, not interested in either.
2 (3.3%)

Total Members Voted: 61

bingeneer

Hey Travis,

I notice that Axiology remains "temporarily" out of stock.  I seem to remember you had posted that a repress was coming, but maybe I'm remembering incorrectly.  What is the latest - out of stock forever, or a repress coming maybe someday?  I know CDs are a dying breed, but I'm old enough to still prefer them over downloads! Thanks.

Travis

I would love to repress Axiology. However, there is just no demand for it. No one is buying CDs anymore. I wanted to do it for the 10th year anniversary
but it really makes no economic sense.  So it's not looking good. Thanatopsis first CD is about to go out of print as well.  I have been toying with doing a short run of Axiology on vinyl but the retail price would be around $25. Not sure of the interest there either. It's looking like we have passed the CD singularity and will now be ( in best Steven Hawking voice) stretched into spaghetti.

PawnBot

BR #560
SC #224
LE Art #203 - #197
LE Christmas CD

pigebear

Count me in for 2 at least!

Matthew

Count me in for purchasing Axiology on vinyl.

BoxenstienMusic

January 14, 2015, 02:56:00 am #5 Last Edit: January 14, 2015, 02:59:24 am by BoxenstienMusic
Quote from: Travis on January 10, 2015, 11:27:50 pm
I would love to repress Axiology. However, there is just no demand for it. No one is buying CDs anymore. I wanted to do it for the 10th year anniversary
but it really makes no economic sense.  So it's not looking good. Thanatopsis first CD is about to go out of print as well.  I have been toying with doing a short run of Axiology on vinyl but the retail price would be around $25. Not sure of the interest there either. It's looking like we have passed the CD singularity and will now be ( in best Steven Hawking voice) stretched into spaghetti.

travis throw up a pre-order! ill buy 2  :D :D

edit: oh and MAKE SOME MORE SHIRTS!!

Soebe

JimmyJammer

I'll buy the vinyl or CD repress!

DroidHunter13

Axiology? My favorite Thanatopsis album...ON VINYL?! Count me in. I will definitely buy a copy.

Travis

I've added a poll just to get some idea of demand before I commit to anything.
I don't want to pre-sell anything because the last time I did we came way short and I'm still out of pocket on the repress I did anyway. Also, I don't want to collect money and have to refund 30 or 40 transactions. I would need  75 to 100 people say they would commit, then I would need 75 to actually pre-buy a repress. I really don't think there is anywhere close to that demand but for the sake of those that are encouraging me and would like to see something happen, I'll at least explore the idea.

If there is an interest in vinyl, It would probably be a pressing of 200 only as a commemoration of Axiology's 10th anniversary. I would probably remix it to tape and remaster for vinyl and do a 180 gram pressing. I might sign and number the editions sold to the pre-sale buyer, something like that.

The poll above has an option to just repress the CD, that might be the most practical option for most people who want to actually listen to the record, but I just don't know. I think most people who are interested in Thanatopsis have the CD, but i may be surprised, let's see.

Lefty

Definitely interested in buying any Bucket on vinyl.  Hope this gets legs
Erect Intestines

BoxenstienMusic

vinyl is much needed! hopefully this can happen, and hopefully things like Population Override on vinyl will follow  8) :D

DIO

January 14, 2015, 06:33:04 pm #12 Last Edit: January 14, 2015, 06:35:37 pm by DIO
To be honest even though I'm a HUGE Thanatopsis fan , I have no physical copy of any of your albums ;( , I can't seem to find all 3 Thanatopsis albums on stock (as well as that neat poster).
With that said , an album such as Axiology (my favorite Thanatopsis album and one of my favorite albums of all time) , deserves a vinyl version.

So , I vote ''YES!'' press it on vinyl Mr. Dickerson!

MuldeR

January 14, 2015, 06:59:03 pm #13 Last Edit: January 14, 2015, 07:15:33 pm by MuldeR
If this gets repressed as a CD, I would definitely buy one (although I have the original CD). I'm not too much into Vinyl though, but maybe I'd grab one just for its optical attractions ;)
My free software projects: http://muldersoft.com/

Soebe

Ill take 2 vinyls. I need to listen to non sequitor all the time :)