New!
Thanatopsis "Requiem" Available now.

Studio Videos

Live in studio performances

What's the deally, yo?

Started by stumpdangler, February 15, 2013, 05:12:11 am

Previous topic - Next topic

stumpdangler

Haven't heard much about what's going on or coming up these days...wondering where all the "previews of coming attractions" are. A youtube page sounds like a good start... still pondering the spilling of some beans by Travis or The Bucketed One....hankerin' for a hunk o' cheese in twenty-thirteen !!!

DroidHunter13

I'm hoping for a new Thanatopsis or Dragons of Eden album...or maybe even something totally new! Any collaboration with Buckethead would be amazing. I speak for myself and my dad: Travis, will there be anymore collaborations with Buckethead in the near future??

Travis

We are always working on things here. I learned a long time ago not to announce ahead of time any expected output. I'm always wrong on the time it takes. I have several things getting close. Some of the collaborations your hoping for have slowed because of demand for time in other areas but not stopped. We all have other interests that we are passionate about, but I'm looking forward to all kinds of things in the next year.

stumpdangler

Quote from: Travis on February 17, 2013, 09:27:20 pm
We are always working on things here. I learned a long time ago not to announce ahead of time any expected output. I'm always wrong on the time it takes. I have several things getting close. Some of the collaborations your hoping for have slowed because of demand for time in other areas but not stopped. We all have other interests that we are passionate about, but I'm looking forward to all kinds of things in the next year.

That's great. Seemed a little quiet here on the board. Must be the calm before the storm...
Thanks for all that you do, Travis!

NotAHickInIndy

Who needs new material when you can tour?
"You just have to take pleasure in killing" - Buckethead (final line when asked if he had any advice- Young Buckethead)

beau810

Quote from: NotAHickInIndy on May 06, 2013, 06:26:45 pm
Who needs new material when you can tour?

I'm just glad that Buckethead is a leader in releasing new material... could you imagine him only releasing a CD every 5 years like Metallica because of touring.  LAME!

I know my opinion is not shared by allot of you guys, but I would rather Buckethead stay home and write new stuff all day long and then record it, than to have him on the road playing mostly the same songs he always does with an IPOD. 

I am highly influenced by Buckethead's ability to crank out new stuff!  How cool it is to get a new CD and listen to it everyday and by the time the songs are worn out, there is a new one in my mailbox ready for me to explore the soundscapes.   I wish my music creations flowed so easily.
Support underground music!!!

In Search Of The

I think Buckethead does a pretty good of balancing both. While we're using Metallica as an example, how often do they tour compared to Buckethead? Consider yourself lucky, he's never over on my shores so I have never seen the man himself. I'd take an iPod backing track if it meant seeing him only for an hour, haha.

I'm currently waiting for standard editions, and this elusive part 13.

beau810

Yes, I agree seeing Buckethead with an IPOD or not is a great experience... and I'm sorry you haven't had the chance to see him.  I loved the first time I saw him but was bummed the second time because it was more of the same. 

Just to answer the Metallica question 468 shows this millennium. 
Support underground music!!!

PawnBot

I know we've gotten into this before..... To each their own.

I will go see buckethead every time that i could and i will buy all of his Cd's.

Hopefully he'll tour over the pond sometime soon, he has to. i don't know if he has before but if he hasn't then he's missing quite the fan base over there.
BR #560
SC #224
LE Art #203 - #197
LE Christmas CD