New!
Thanatopsis "Requiem" Available now.

Studio Videos

Live in studio performances

Profanation vinyl

Started by slntwtchr, February 12, 2013, 09:03:04 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

slntwtchr

As usual, release date is subject to change, but April 2 is the planned release date for Praxis' "Profanation" on vinyl (along with the Scratch Perry album "Rise Again") from Laswell's MOD Technologies label.

That's about the best you'll get in regard to Praxis these days. Not 100% but I believe we will have a download code included as we did with the Garrison Hawk vinyl so that purchasers may download a digital copy of the release as well.

Dave
http://www.mod-technologies.com

MuldeR

You are talking about a re-release of the 2008 album, right? No new material !?
My free software projects: http://muldersoft.com/

slntwtchr

Quote from: MuldeR on February 12, 2013, 10:38:11 pm

The album was re-released on CD already by us. This will be the vinyl version of that. But essentially, correct. Nothing new. Just something for the vinyl lovers. First Praxis on vinyl too, FWIW.

stumpdangler

Quote from: slntwtchr on February 13, 2013, 03:22:55 pm
Quote from: MuldeR on February 12, 2013, 10:38:11 pm

The album was re-released on CD already by us. This will be the vinyl version of that. But essentially, correct. Nothing new. Just something for the vinyl lovers. First Praxis on vinyl too, FWIW.

Transmutation on vinyl? This piques my interest...
Also, Slntwtchr, would you know if there is any audio or video of the Praxis show at the Knitting Factory from 7.13.96? I was there and I have seen various tradelists with it available but have yet to make a connection. Even been burned a couple times.
Thanks for your time.

MuldeR

Quote from: stumpdangler on February 13, 2013, 07:02:21 pm
Transmutation on vinyl? This piques my interest...

Is Transmutation available at all? The only copies of that masterpiece I was able to obtain were "used" discs - and much overpriced ::)

Quote from: slntwtchr on February 13, 2013, 03:22:55 pm

Nice to hear it is made available again. Not for me though (I'm not that much into Vinyl and already have the CD).

stumpdangler

I'd definitely be interested in Transmutaion on vinyl. I have a cd and I had a cassette, so why not!? I'd like to see a bigger version of James Koehnline's collage on the cover, plus whatever else in included. I wonder if it will have any mix enhancements or if Bill Laswell is interested in revisiting it in the first place. :)

slntwtchr

February 14, 2013, 03:27:09 pm #6 Last Edit: February 14, 2013, 06:36:45 pm by slntwtchr
Quote from: stumpdangler on February 14, 2013, 06:30:48 am
I'd definitely be interested in Transmutaion on vinyl. I have a cd and I had a cassette, so why not!? I'd like to see a bigger version of James Koehnline's collage on the cover, plus whatever else in included. I wonder if it will have any mix enhancements or if Bill Laswell is interested in revisiting it in the first place. :)

where are you guys getting Transmutation from? This is about "Profanation"! haha.

(edit) - I see the confusion....I didn't mean "first Praxis on vinyl" as in the first ALBUM is going to be on vinyl. I meant it as - "this is the first Praxis album to appear on vinyl".  Only "1984" which has sometimes been credited to Praxis has seen a vinyl issue, but that's not truly Praxis.

All the Axiom/Island releases reside with Polygram and not with Bill unfortunately. An Affiliate of Polygram did release a stellar 180g version of Hallucination Engine last year though. Bill liked the job they did and is hoping maybe they will pull more from the Axiom catalog, though he of course has no say in that...

FWIW - I'd love to have Transmutation on vinyl!

stumpdangler

Quote from: slntwtchr on February 14, 2013, 03:27:09 pm

where are you guys getting Transmutation from? This is about "Profanation"! haha.

(edit) - I see the confusion....I didn't mean "first Praxis on vinyl" as in the first ALBUM is going to be on vinyl. I meant it as - "this is the first Praxis album to appear on vinyl".  Only "1984" which has sometimes been credited to Praxis has seen a vinyl issue, but that's not truly Praxis.

All the Axiom/Island releases reside with Polygram and not with Bill unfortunately. An Affiliate of Polygram did release a stellar 180g version of Hallucination Engine last year though. Bill liked the job they did and is hoping maybe they will pull more from the Axiom catalog, though he of course has no say in that...

Ha! Okay, thanks for the clarification!. I spent some time clicking through the site and didn't see anything about Transmutation on vinyl, so I was a little bit confused. I totally get it now, though. I still have the cd longbox for Transmutation around here somewhere, it's pretty rad. Not as awesome as a vinyl album cover, though.  :) Thanks for the head's up. You do great work archiving Laswell and associates music. Maybe someday Universal or whomever will see to it and get it done. 

slntwtchr

Quote from: stumpdangler on February 15, 2013, 04:56:10 am
Quote from: slntwtchr on February 14, 2013, 03:27:09 pm

Ha! Okay, thanks for the clarification!. I spent some time clicking through the site and didn't see anything about Transmutation on vinyl, so I was a little bit confused. I totally get it now, though. I still have the cd longbox for Transmutation around here somewhere, it's pretty rad. Not as awesome as a vinyl album cover, though.  :) Thanks for the head's up. You do great work archiving Laswell and associates music. Maybe someday Universal or whomever will see to it and get it done.

Thanks...honestly I don't think Polygram cares one bit unless they think it benefits their bottom line!

Giacomo Bruzzo (also of RareNoise) has been a huge part of getting MOD Technologies up and running. Things will be picking up this year and there are some great things already in the can for release. The label really is shaping up to at least be the successor to Axiom.

slntwtchr

Still on track for next Tuesday April 2. Profanation and Lee 'Scratch' Perry's "Rise Again" on vinyl. Pre-orders are all up on the usual retail sites, or you can get it direct http://www.mod-technologies.com

$19.99, BUT, both will be 2 high quality slabs of vinyl. It could be done cheaper but quality would suffer as would packaging (similar to Garrison Hawk's album, which I have to say is an outstanding bit of vinyl in every way) Due to time constraints, the Praxis release will NOT have the two live tracks that we included on the CD re-issue, but the rest remains. Download code also supplied for the release (both albums - the Lee Perry release download will also get you a new track not on the album itself).

slntwtchr

...and of course, life happens. due to unforseen circumstances (and wanting the product to be just right) we've had to push off the vinyl until April 30. Pre-orders are avaliable through our website though http://www.mod-technologies.com

topher

Quote from: slntwtchr on April 11, 2013, 05:01:58 pm
...and of course, life happens. due to unforseen circumstances (and wanting the product to be just right) we've had to push off the vinyl until April 30. Pre-orders are avaliable through our website though http://www.mod-technologies.com

Yeah, I saw this on the Praxis official Facebook page, but I just got an email from Amazon saying this has shipped. Can anyone tell me what's up?

Also, stumpdangler, send me some pics of the cassette and longbox (if you can find it). I'd love to see it!

MuldeR

Quote from: slntwtchr on April 11, 2013, 05:01:58 pm
Pre-orders are avaliable through our website though http://www.mod-technologies.com

How?

In the store page for "Praxis - Profanation" we have only two options:
* Digital
* Digital FLAC Album

Only reference to the Vinyl edition is the info text under "details"  ???

topher

Okay, so I got mine today. Don't know why, if this is supposed to be delayed. Is there something that needed to be fixed on these first(?) pressings? Lovin' it so far though.

KroMagnum

I sent a MSG on their contact us link about the LP pre-order.
Waiting for reply.
Will post the reply here.