New!
Thanatopsis "Requiem" Available now.

Studio Videos

Live in studio performances

Forgotten regards?

Started by PawnBot, January 17, 2013, 04:18:01 am

Previous topic - Next topic

PawnBot

This question has been bugging me for awhile while listening to best and kind regards recently, wasn't this supposed to be a 3 set deal? Is it still in the works or is it not going to happen?

Any info would be much apperciated.
Thanks.

(I can hear the crickets in this forum lately)
BR #560
SC #224
LE Art #203 - #197
LE Christmas CD

DroidHunter13

This question has been bugging me also. Someone had posted Brain and Melissa's Soundcloud page, and it has songs on there that could be released on a new "Regards" album...But I honestly don't see this ever happening. It sounds like Buckethead appears on Reach the End, The Swamp, MLB 2K Theme, Race to Destruction, Detention Title Sequence, and Forever.

https://soundcloud.com/brain-and-melissa

Although if there is information about a third Regards album, I would appreciate it too.

In Search Of The

January 18, 2013, 06:59:55 am #2 Last Edit: January 19, 2013, 06:56:04 pm by In Search Of The
Yeah, I remember this. I loved how minimal Best Regards was and while I wasn't too keen on a lot of the Kind Regards stuff, there was some of the catchiest hooks I've heard on that collection. I wouldn't mind if it was just a standard release, a single album's worth of material, so long as we hear these three talented people jam together one last time.

Warm Regards, anyone?

Nubbins

Quote from: In Search Of The on January 18, 2013, 06:59:55 am
Yeah, I remember this. I loved how minimal Best Regards was and while I wasn't too keen on a lot of the Kind Regards stuff, there was some of the catchiest hooks I've heard on that collection. I wouldn't mind if it was just a standard release, a single album's worth of material, so long as we hear these three talentless people jam together one last time.

Warm Regards, anyone?

Talentless? I hope that was a typo ;D

Wasn't too big on either of the "Regards" releases, but there was some good stuff mixed in with the more difficult material. Wouldn't mind hearing more.

In Search Of The

Haha! Talentless! Dear me, what a Freudian slip.

Talented.

That's better. I must have been surrounded by simpletons that day.

MuldeR

On the list of all the projects of which I would love to see a continuation, "...Regards" has the lowest priority :-X

("Thanatopsis" and "C2B3" probably have the highest!)
My free software projects: http://muldersoft.com/

Maxen

Speaking of Kind Regards, what's up with the Brain Disc? Isn't it the same as Best Regards Purple Track 02, just split into to several tracks?

In Search Of The

I noticed that, the first few minutes are uncannily similar as they use the same percussion and guitar blasts. I'm not sure about the bits following, as it's been a while since I've listened to them both.

PawnBot

I do like these series of albums because they are different, but I feel sometimes that Melissa just fooks up the song. I would like to see a lot more of other things i.e. thanatopsis, and such. I was just wondering if king Travis might have some info in this.
BR #560
SC #224
LE Art #203 - #197
LE Christmas CD

DroidHunter13

Quote from: MuldeR on January 19, 2013, 11:16:16 pm
On the list of all the projects of which I would love to see a continuation, "...Regards" has the lowest priority :-X

Those two and the Frankenstein Brothers...I would LOVE to see another album come from those projects.

deadite

ive got Peak,
authentic uncle,
corn thins,
may you help me,
joan,
and pea body
all in my buckethead playlist. they all rock. the rest of kind regards seems a bit self indulgent to me.

beau810

Quote from: DroidHunter13 on January 21, 2013, 04:14:30 pm
Quote from: MuldeR on January 19, 2013, 11:16:16 pm

Those two and the Frankenstein Brothers...I would LOVE to see another album come from those projects.

My top continuation would have to be EL STEW or anything with Extrakd!  We are well over due for a Cornbugs recording too.  Not to mention the Deli Creeps!

Support underground music!!!