New!
Thanatopsis "Requiem" Available now.

Studio Videos

Live in studio performances

The Owl Dives Through the Crescent Moon

Started by oldfolkie, December 01, 2012, 05:32:02 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

oldfolkie

Bet you thought you'd never see me again! At least, not here.
Just wanted to weigh in with my compliments on this album, it's been in my player a lot recently.
I hope there's more new stuff in the works.
Cheers!
Never underestimate the power of human stupidity. ~  R.A. Heinlein

badgerbot

December 01, 2012, 05:58:35 pm #1 Last Edit: December 01, 2012, 06:00:51 pm by badgerbot
Good call, oldfolkie!  I was just listening to The Owl yesterday, hoping it hadn't got forgotten about because it's awesome, and thinking that I could have sworn Travis posted something somewhere about working on a further Owl-related project.  This album will be played at my house while the 2012 Winter Solstice is occurring.

Travis

Oldfolkie, good to see you here.  Thank you both. Yes, I know it's been pretty low key here on the forum but things are in the works  at the studio. Hope to have the Owl stuff I mentioned before ready in the first of the year. Several other things going so I hope the new year will be a good one.

badgerbot

February 01, 2013, 04:24:14 pm #3 Last Edit: February 01, 2013, 04:34:43 pm by badgerbot
I was listening to The Owl yesterday when, lo and behold, I find that Travis just installed cameras in his recording studio.  What a cool place.  I know the Axiology ten-year anniversary is coming up.  I listened to Axiology yesterday as well.  Do that a lot.  What an albim!   I'm not the only one who drools whenever the idea of a new Thanatopsis type project is mentioned.

However, check out Lindy and Travis live at the Guitar Merchant from May of 2011.  Then consider how much fun it wold be to watch them play The Owl live in studio.  That youtube feed is the only time I've gotten to watch Travis play the piano.  But . . . consider how powerful and moving his performance on The Owl is.  If it's ever live, in any format, sign me up in advance.

MuldeR

Quote from: badgerbot on February 01, 2013, 04:24:14 pm
I find that Travis just installed cameras in his recording studio.  What a cool place.

Where???
My free software projects: http://muldersoft.com/

Travis

I posted this on my Facebook page. I'll have more detailed info here soon .

MuldeR

Thanks for the info!

(Call me old-fashioned, but I'm not at Facebook yet. And 99.9% of the time I don't feel like missing anything. Exceptions prove the rule.)

Travis

In a nutshell, I've updated the studio added lights and 8 HD cameras. Next week we are going to start shooting some live performances ( that is performed live in the studio). I'll start a Youtube channel and post what we do.

MuldeR

BucketBrother

Wow this sounds cool.  Can't wait to see some stuff!

stumpdangler

Quote from: Travis on February 02, 2013, 01:59:38 am
In a nutshell, I've updated the studio added lights and 8 HD cameras. Next week we are going to start shooting some live performances ( that is performed live in the studio). I'll start a Youtube channel and post what we do.

YEESSSSSSssssssSSSSSSSSs!!!!!