New
Site design:

A lot of new content added.

Check the home page.

New!
Thanatopsis "Requiem" Available now.

Studio Videos

Live in studio performances

Does Buckethead do albums on TDRS anymore?

Started by hiro94, August 07, 2012, 03:57:35 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

hiro94

I have noticed the last year or so Buckethead hasn't released anything on TDRS.He releases his Pikes series on a label ive never heard  of and Electric Sea was released on City Hall records does anyone know why this is?

severedhand

beau810

My guess is that when he works with Travis again... we'll see that recording here.
Support underground music!!!

MuldeR

Well, he has always done different collaborations in his career. And he has released stuff on a whole lot of different labels:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Buckethead_discography#Studio_albums

In the 90's he worked a lot with Bill Laswell & Co, in the 00's he worked a lot with Travis and released (mostly) on TDRS, and at the moment he is doing that Pikes thingy.

Who knows what will be next? He probably doesn't know either :o ;D
My free software projects: http://muldersoft.com/

In Search Of The

While we're on the subject, I'd love to hear another Buckethead/Travis collab in the near future. I was listening to Left Hanging and it reminded me how good they are together... like I needed reminding!

Slaw_Slinger

Love Left Hanging.  Listen to it most days. 

slunkatron

I want another Chicken Noodle album, this one more like the first with really mellow, rambling, noodle-filled tracks.  Nothing calms me like the first one.

slntwtchr

can't tell you all that much, but there is the possibility of a new collaboration with Laswell in the near future. Not Praxis - something completely new and hopefully a bit different. I'll post more here when/if things move along as planned and when I'm allowed to announce it.

Gumbercules

Quote from: slntwtchr on October 15, 2012, 02:26:44 pm
can't tell you all that much, but there is the possibility of a new collaboration with Laswell in the near future. Not Praxis - something completely new and hopefully a bit different. I'll post more here when/if things move along as planned and when I'm allowed to announce it.

that would be awesome...imo big b has done his best work with laswell