New!
Thanatopsis "Requiem" Available now.

Studio Videos

Live in studio performances

New pikes ?

Started by pigebear, April 25, 2012, 06:50:18 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

pigebear

it says it a new pikes but i do not see it on the site. Sounds Fake to me!

here is what it said

Balloon Cement
latest pike to be included into buckethead's ever growing
collection. 12 tracks of insane turbo thrashing spiral bending insanity!
heres the tracklist...

1. Balloon Cement
2. Red Water Colors
3. Transport Void
4. Thistle Museum
5. Alligator Eye Viewer
6. Veil of Tinfoil
7. Chestplate
8. Vast Mound
9. Replacement Nail
10. Shatter Shell
11. Bridge to Borg
12. Evaporate

DroidHunter13

It was released on Itunes last week. I bought all the tracks and uploaded them to Youtube, too. I also sent the Pikes site an email about a physical release, and they told me that it will be released sometime next month.

Tempbucketdog

Quote from: DroidHunter13 on April 25, 2012, 07:24:12 pm
It was released on Itunes last week. I bought all the tracks and uploaded them to Youtube, too. I also sent the Pikes site an email about a physical release, and they told me that it will be released sometime next month.

You put them ALL on YouTube? *face palm* jeez...

You better donate a buck for every five views you get because 1 in 5 people will download it with a "YouTube downloader" for free and then the music will end up on a torrent site because of you.  I think putting a sample up would have been cool, but the whole song? No....

X

Quote from: Tempbucketdog on April 25, 2012, 07:58:28 pm

You put them ALL on YouTube? *face palm* jeez...

You better donate a buck for every five views you get because 1 in 5 people will download it with a "YouTube downloader" for free and then the music will end up on a torrent site because of you.  I think putting a sample up would have been cool, but the whole song? No....

What this guy said. I would even wait until the physical CD is released before putting them all on YouTube. That way if there's another unreleased track on the CD release, the downloaders won't think they just torrented the whole album. But still, take it off man.

nick_reinstein

The album is also on amazon.com and emusic.com and happens to be fantastic.  It is real and definitely worth purchasing.

Bucketfel

Thanks, because i heard it in youtube now i will definetly be buying the physical copy ;D
He works on the farm,
He makes fun of me,
But thats the lats thing youll see,
Cuz im gone use him for something that you wont understand

Spinal Clock #199
Holiday Album

BucketBrother

Samples would cover it.  By putting it on Youtube you're just enabling people to not have to buy a copy.  You can hear samples on itunes (and probably pikes when it's on) so even that wouldn't be necessary.  I imagine for huge money making bands, the loss they would make is minimal, but for people like Buckethead, I think ripping his music off would be massively detrimental.  I wish people wouldn't do it.  I will buy all his music regardless

Peace out

poulet333

why  put this new lp on youtube ? why stealing buckethead ? i dont like itunes very much but i paid for it, and i will pay again for physical cd. i don't have much money, but it's not very expensive (and it gives me a huge pleasure to listen to, and i listen to it again and again).

KroMagnum

You should ake it off youtube in good conscience. Website's like BH Pike site cost him to keep it going also.
I'm waiting till it's available on BH's official site.

BH is currently touring this month with that1guy.
I purchased Packs a Wallop! CD from him official site 2 months ago.
Excellent CD!

robotpie3000

dude! Balloon Cement is real!!!! I'll wait for the physical copy. No point in buying the itunes mp3's. I can just import the music from the physical CD. and i get to pay less.

DroidHunter13

Well, just got to reading all these posts, and...well, ya got to me, and I feel kinda guilty about posting them. I really would take them down, but someone else (Polipoli8) also has all of the songs uploaded to Youtube as well. So even if I take mine down, people could still use the Youtube-MP3 converter and download the songs without paying. I'm sorry  :'(

Tempbucketdog

Quote from: DroidHunter13 on April 27, 2012, 05:03:36 pm
Well, just got to reading all these posts, and...well, ya got to me, and I feel kinda guilty about posting them. I really would take them down, but someone else (Polipoli8) also has all of the songs uploaded to Youtube as well. So even if I take mine down, people could still use the Youtube-MP3 converter and download the songs without paying. I'm sorry  :'(

Not to pour salt in the wound, but.... With in 7 years that album will be downloaded atleast 2-3000 times for free, maybe more... That's roughly $30,000.00 down the drain that big-b was counting on. The Internet has officially f**ked the music industry(unless you're Justin bieber). However, with out the Internet 85% of us bucket-bots would have never have known of buckets existence. So I dunno what to think. Life is cruel, I do know that for sure. But overall I think bucket is pretty happy and he expects this sort of nonsense to happen. It's apart of the music game these days. But it's up to his TRUE fans to help keep that crap to a minimum. Ya dig ?

Bucketfel

Quote from: Tempbucketdog on April 28, 2012, 03:19:16 am

Not to pour salt in the wound, but.... With in 7 years that album will be downloaded atleast 2-3000 times for free, maybe more... That's roughly $30,000.00 down the drain that big-b was counting on. The Internet has officially f**ked the music industry(unless you're Justin bieber). However, with out the Internet 85% of us bucket-bots would have never have known of buckets existence. So I dunno what to think. Life is cruel, I do know that for sure. But overall I think bucket is pretty happy and he expects this sort of nonsense to happen. It's apart of the music game these days. But it's up to his TRUE fans to help keep that crap to a minimum. Ya dig ?

Its up to true fans to enjoy the music. Only that will help bucket. ;D
He works on the farm,
He makes fun of me,

Spinal Clock #199
Holiday Album

Tempbucketdog

Quote from: Bucketfel on April 28, 2012, 06:45:54 am

Whaaat? So you're saying stolen or not; as long as they are enjoying it that's what will help bucket? I'm sure he's flattered by that sentiment, but his wallet isint!

Bucketfel

Quote from: Tempbucketdog on April 28, 2012, 11:55:21 am
Quote from: Bucketfel on April 28, 2012, 06:45:54 am

Whaaat? So you're saying stolen or not; as long as they are enjoying it that's what will help bucket? I'm sure he's flattered by that sentiment, but his wallet isint!

you dont buy an album as an obligation to the artist. You buy it because you like the music and support the artist for it.
He works on the farm,
He makes fun of me,

Spinal Clock #199
Holiday Album