Thanatopsis "Requiem" Available now.

Studio Videos

Live in studio performances

Questions about Cyborg Slunks

Started by X, April 08, 2012, 01:14:55 am

Previous topic - Next topic

X

April 08, 2012, 01:14:55 am Last Edit: April 08, 2012, 01:20:36 am by X
Three days ago I bought Cyborg Slunks from Buckethead's Toystore since I had space on my CD shelf for one more album (this makes Cyborg Slunks the 30th Buckethead CD I've bought) which brings me to ask a few questions about the album.

1. First of all, on the website it mentioned something about Cyborg Slunks being a digipac which made me think it would be slimmer than a normal jewel case. Turns out it actually is a jewel case and is slightly too snug for my CD shelf. Was it ever a digipac to begin with, or is there any other reason it says it's a digipac in the toystore?

2. From what I understand, the track titles are Sneak Attack, Reopening Of The Scapula Factory, Infiltration, Aunt Suzie, and A New War Is Underway in that order. However, when I uploaded it onto my iTunes the tracks titles were displayed as Dawn Of The Cyborg, Living Robot Experiment, Atomic Slunk, Space Cadillac, and Congregation Of The Cyborg Slunks in that order. They're both the same tracks, but with different song titles. Why is that? (BTW, Atomic Slunk sounds like it might be a parody of Van Halen's song Atomic Punk)

3. Before I even came here I checked the Wikipedia article on Cyborg Slunks, and it does mention something about the album having a limited edition format with untitled tracks, but other than that it doesn't mention anything else about it. Is the limited edition any different from the regular release in terms of song quality or are they the same?

That's all the questions I have for Cyborg Slunks. Ever since Buckethead albums have been going out of print I've been frantically getting as many as I can get so that I won't get there too late. Haven't yet heard anything from this album. Also, as a sort of side question, does anyone know which Buckethead albums are digipacs? I already know Somewhere Over The Slaughterhouse, Electric Tears, and Electric Sea are all digipacs (The Pike series might or might not count).

Keith_SIO

I only knew the tracks as they uploaded because the original release was a hand drawn release in a digipack.

No I can confirm that Captain EO is a digipack. Just got mine in the mail today.

In Search Of The

I may be wrong, but I remember reading something where Cyborg Slunks was an LE release, and the tracks were originally untitled. Fans then gave the tracks names, much the same with ISOT. In fact, the cover was hand drawn, making it very similar indeed. After the release of a regular edition, track names were then assigned to the songs so each song had two titles - an unofficial one and an official one. I may be off, but I remember seeing it somewhere.

BucketBrother

Correct.  It was a LE in the same style of digipack as ISOT.  Then they released the proper printed one

DisembodiedLoaf

Electric Sea came in an eco-wallet. Pikes come in cd jackets.

Bucketfel

Quote from: X on April 08, 2012, 01:14:55 am
Three days ago I bought Cyborg Slunks from Buckethead's Toystore since I had space on my CD shelf for one more album (this makes Cyborg Slunks the 30th Buckethead CD I've bought) which brings me to ask a few questions about the album.

1. First of all, on the website it mentioned something about Cyborg Slunks being a digipac which made me think it would be slimmer than a normal jewel case. Turns out it actually is a jewel case and is slightly too snug for my CD shelf. Was it ever a digipac to begin with, or is there any other reason it says it's a digipac in the toystore?

2. From what I understand, the track titles are Sneak Attack, Reopening Of The Scapula Factory, Infiltration, Aunt Suzie, and A New War Is Underway in that order. However, when I uploaded it onto my iTunes the tracks titles were displayed as Dawn Of The Cyborg, Living Robot Experiment, Atomic Slunk, Space Cadillac, and Congregation Of The Cyborg Slunks in that order. They're both the same tracks, but with different song titles. Why is that? (BTW, Atomic Slunk sounds like it might be a parody of Van Halen's song Atomic Punk)

3. Before I even came here I checked the Wikipedia article on Cyborg Slunks, and it does mention something about the album having a limited edition format with untitled tracks, but other than that it doesn't mention anything else about it. Is the limited edition any different from the regular release in terms of song quality or are they the same?

That's all the questions I have for Cyborg Slunks. Ever since Buckethead albums have been going out of print I've been frantically getting as many as I can get so that I won't get there too late. Haven't yet heard anything from this album. Also, as a sort of side question, does anyone know which Buckethead albums are digipacs? I already know Somewhere Over The Slaughterhouse, Electric Tears, and Electric Sea are all digipacs (The Pike series might or might not count).

1- The original version was in digipack, but it was also a LE at that time. The walbum was later released as a regular album but the case was not the same as the original one. (It stopped being a digipack)

2- The track listing named in the album is correct, the version that appears on itunes are the names that fans gave the LE version. because the original version had untitled names, fans gave them their own (in the same way In Search of The has madeup names).

3- Both versions are exactly the same. I cannot corroborate that because i dont own the LE but ive never heard someone complain about different tracks on both versions. The only LE that has different track versions is 3 Foot Clearance (as far as i know)

I wouldnt know about digipacks. I have Electric Sea and Electric Tears and they are both digipacks (The pikes are all in sleeves). I might be forgetting other albums but thats as best as i can do at the time.
He works on the farm,
He makes fun of me,
But thats the lats thing youll see,
Cuz im gone use him for something that you wont understand

Spinal Clock #199
Holiday Album