New!
Thanatopsis "Requiem" Available now.

Studio Videos

Live in studio performances

Live Webcasts?

Started by mrpane911, April 04, 2012, 11:49:29 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

mrpane911

So guys had an idea the other day that i thought might be cool. I know many of you would like to see Travis performing live in some capacity but i know he has said that it's hard to do with running the studio and everything. But i was thinking if someday maybe Travis could do a little show live streaming over the internet, or maybe just like a youtube video or something. I'm sure Travis is busy with plenty of things but i'd love to see something like that some day as it might be easier to pull off than an actual tour and maybe there could even be like a Pay-Per-View or donation for it or something before he does it like how some webcomics work.

But the point is i love Travis and all the guys down at TDRS and the music they make and i love seeing live music even more so if anyone thinks this is cool i think we should chat about it.

Space Bandito

Interesting concept. It has some positives and negatives.  I would love the live sound.  The live feel however would not be there. Sitting on my couch is not the same as standing with a crowd. Feeling the music with the artist.  I rarely buy live DVD's for this reason.

BucketBrother

I think this is a great idea! It wouldn't even have to be a live thing.  I'd happily purchase a few vids.

mrpane911

Quote from: Space Bandito on April 05, 2012, 03:23:29 am
Interesting concept. It has some positives and negatives.  I would love the live sound.  The live feel however would not be there. Sitting on my couch is not the same as standing with a crowd. Feeling the music with the artist.  I rarely buy live DVD's for this reason.

while i agree with you on the feeling of a live concert, this idea is aimed at eliminating the problem of actually putting together a live tour. also we might actually see Travis in another format than a few old photos...

In Search Of The

A video of him and his brother was recently posted on YouTube and shared with us here, and it was nice to see them playing live together as I'd never seen Travis play before. If you're interested in that, that can be found here. I wouldn't mind if Travis recorded songs live and shared them with us, but there's always time constraints - after all, I can hardly expect him to sit in front of a webcam and make a video when he has other commitments on, haha.