Studio Videos

Live in studio performances

I AM going to try out for the Bass Audition

Started by Chris DiCicco, March 11, 2010, 09:21:58 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Chris DiCicco

March 11, 2010, 09:21:58 am Last Edit: March 11, 2010, 09:23:03 am by Chris
http://www.bassplayer.com/article/the-smashing/March-2010/110007

its been along time sents the Huzzi Tac Label and I think I have the Bass Chops to do and or give it a try.

I have been rolling this over on Facebook, MySpace, have to do an acual video of Me playing EGADS! I need HELP?

Chris DiCicco
The Exosphere  2013

Slunk_Lord

Well, I\'m not entirely sure what I could suggest, but best of luck to you dude. I bet you\'re going to be trying out alongside many others.
GODSPEED! ;D
Let your inspirations flow into whatever you do.

eggman90

Chris DiCicco

March 13, 2010, 09:11:09 am #3 Last Edit: March 19, 2010, 08:57:11 am by Chris
Thank You armed with My 5 and 6 String Bass I prepare a to cover? I geuss a few tunes.

yeah I know, so wheres C3PO\'s perdiction to sucsesfully navigating an Asteroid field.

I feel a need to try, Billy Corgen\'s 42 his New Drummer is 20, I am about 30, the keyboardist ??, so the age demographic wrrrks Me thinks anyway.

And lastly I do have things that WILL work against Me, but oh well, this post is not about My many faults and failures in the music business.

Chris Moss Acid says I can use the Huzzi Tac Label and hasn\'t even thought of it in 5 years, Oh that got Me feeling OLD! its been 6 years + sents I was on that *web* label (correction by CMA)...

watch for Me to be finally on Youtube, My Dad and Step Mom have a wonderful video of they\'er pet bird humping my head... hmm ha ha ha ha.

Chris DiCicco
The Exosphere  2013

Slaw_Slinger

Chris DiCicco

March 14, 2010, 05:02:34 pm #5 Last Edit: March 14, 2010, 05:03:01 pm by Chris
I got some songs Tab\'d up and am going to make a backing track for them.

for the Jazz Bass, I am going to play We Only come out at Night, as for the Six playing 1979, with the other five with the Red Button tackle\'n Bullet with Butterfly Wings.

all three video\'s will eventually make it on to the MySpace and or the You Tube.

even if....... :-X
The Exosphere  2013

Jordanatron

Be true to yourself you can't go wrong.
Mr Bocbacoc
ISOT-206 BP-17 DCK-228

Chris DiCicco

The Exosphere  2013

Chris DiCicco

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aZZwjuOCVEw

notice the old style red Button on this one, dig on the water sounds.

Me!
The Exosphere  2013

Chris DiCicco

The Exosphere  2013

eggman90

Chris -explain these vids to me. It looks like you are getting ready to rock out on a drum beat, then, I don\'t hear any bass! I\'m confused easily, plus I have poor hearing. Help me out here. What happened and what\'s the latest?

Chris DiCicco

OoHh? I am fit tight wrapped in the groove, playing Drum and Bass these do not I confess sound like WOCoaN, 1979 or BwtBw...

mmm, Eggman90 do You have a subwoofer? I have some logitech\'s, should be there..

???
The Exosphere  2013

stumpdangler

Hey man, Just a tip from someone who has auditioned and been an "auditioner:"

Keep your audition relevant to the artist so the people judging the merits of it can see how it fits into the position they are trying to fill.

I can\'t see how the videos that you posted fit into a drum and bass context, much less a major league alternative act like the one you\'re auditioning for.

To be honest, you sounded out of tune and out of tempo on what I saw. Maybe your couldn\'t hear yourself...maybe it\'s time to dust off the metronome. And firm up some fundamentals on song structure and melodic development while you dream big.

Good luck. :)

Chris DiCicco

ahright.

yeah I did and do, this was my first Stumpdangler, far as I go with something written down or as from the inside of My Mind.

hmmm, can\'t stand metronome.

I don\'t think in a click click bick bick kinda of way.

I think in a tha-boom Boom tss tha-da Boom boom tss kind of way.

Thank You for the constructive Criticzisim.
The Exosphere  2013

stumpdangler

Here\'s some good words of advice for anyone  from the legend Smokey Robinson
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hTSOML0hMYw

if you don\'t know who Smokey Robinson is you should check his wiki

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Smokey_Robinson

ps: don\'t dismiss the simplicity of a  metronome click, you\'ll never hear a pro do it.   :o