New
Site design:

A lot of new content added.

Check the home page.

New!
Thanatopsis "Requiem" Available now.

Studio Videos

Live in studio performances

DeathCubeK/Buckethead Skateboard Deck Paintings.

Started by Veinsonfire, December 28, 2007, 11:38:33 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Veinsonfire

I\'m not exactly a skateboard enthusiast but after my cousin purchased many blank decks I\'ve wanted to experiment painting on one. He was reluctant to let me paint on his personal board at first but after seeing the stuff I\'ve done since yesterday  he\'s suddenly shown more interest in my art.  ;)

You can tell I don\'t know much about boards as I\'ve apparently painted on it backwards, because for the untrained (Ignorant) eye the tail of a board is very much similar to the nose.
I\'ve also omitted some professional steps for painting on skateboards for my first attempt, meaning most of them, so this is going to be more of a decorative board I\'m afraid (Not that you can\'t skate it, but the design will fade quicker).

This is my progress as of today for a DCK design, I was planning on having both a DCK and a Buckethead deck by next week but it\'s tough work for a noob like myself.

Jordanatron

Be true to yourself you can't go wrong.
Mr Bocbacoc
ISOT-206 BP-17 DCK-228

zintar

DUFFATRON

That deck is awesome, did you illustrate your avatar also?

gkg

Congrats - that\'s a great idea... and I\'m sure now that he\'s seen your work, you\'ll get the chance to paint on some more decks.  Use a few coats of poly to seal it and the painting will last longer, by the way.
Peace.

image = <i>"Blue Velvet"</i> (front of 2-sided piece) (c) georgia k griffin - all rights reserved

Pound4aBrown