New!
Thanatopsis "Requiem" Available now.

Studio Videos

Live in studio performances

Buck the Myna!

Started by Nubbins, October 08, 2007, 05:35:42 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Nubbins

Hey everybody. I apologize for this self promotion, but I REALLY need to hear some input from some good musicians. This is a very simplistic rock band me and some bots put together called Buck the Myna. I\'m the bass player and I definietly have some criticisms about the band of my own, so PLEASE don\'t hesitate to criticize or say "hey this sucks", it will help help us out a lot.

www.myspace.com/buckthemynarock  

Thanks a lot!

sngwthme

Hey Mike,
Sounds like you guys are having a great time. I am unable to put my finger on the influence on "Shadows" however it was entertaining. It appears to me that some tightening up on your sound/recording would be benificial but that will come with experience and play time together (practice, studio time and shows)  Keep it up. Oh, and it looks like you\'ve got a show comeing up.  Good luck on the 27th. Let us know how it goes.

Nubbins

Thank you for your response sngwthme. I appreciate it a lot ;D

Yes just about everything that could have gone wrong went wrong with that recording session. The bass drum came out so weak that the guitarist had to go back and layer another electronic bass drum track over it, which is where the not-so-tight sounding stuff comes in.

Oh well, we\'ll get it right on the next recording. Thanks again.