New!
Thanatopsis "Requiem" Available now.

Studio Videos

Live in studio performances

Winter is for the Birds!

Started by gkg, August 09, 2005, 04:03:33 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

gkg

I just shipped this off - it was done for afundraising auction for the South Fork Breast Health Coalition - a breast cancer foundation in East Hampton NY.  A group of artists were invited to submit birdhouses - they shipped the birdhouses and we did whatever we wanted with them.

Peace.

image = <i>"Blue Velvet"</i> (front of 2-sided piece) (c) georgia k griffin - all rights reserved

svale

WOW!!!   that is so cool!   beautiful
happy trails,
SV

gkg

Peace.

image = <i>"Blue Velvet"</i> (front of 2-sided piece) (c) georgia k griffin - all rights reserved

svale

happy trails,
SV

gkg

yep, periodically i do.  this is the only thing in the offing right now... i\'ve been trying to do too many things this year and something had to give.  working up for shows drew the short straw.  we\'re trying to move to LA - have been for a couple years now actually... long process.  aiming for January - had a grandson - just too much stuff going on, too many money drains, way too many time drains.  

this piece is in a show at the Jade Nectar Gallery in East Hampton NY, starting in a couple of weeks - with all the pieces donated for the auction.  the actual fundraiser takes place on October 22.  a little closer to the date i\'ll try to put up a notice about it.

i\'ll get back into showing next spring - once the dust settles and the boxes are unpacked.  i\'ve been working on two series - need to crank those up more - so once i am ready i will have something to get out there.  i\'m not the best thing since hot sliced bread, but i\'m a pretty decent warm muffin.  ;)
Peace.

gkg

The Southampton Press October 20, 2005

Some Exceptional Nests to Feather, by Rebecca Cooper

"...Georgia Griffin\'s "Harsh Winter" portrays a scary scenario: a sculpture that looks like ice, a bird frozen inside, with broken pieces of the actual house strewn about below."

[glb]i\'m doing a little happy dance all over...
WHEEEE![/glb]
Peace.

dirtface

Hah! Well deserved praise I say! And now I know your name to boot.... So great job Mrs. Griffin.

gkg

October 21, 2005, 03:15:44 pm #7 Last Edit: October 21, 2005, 03:16:42 pm by gkg
[glb]BLUSH! [/glb] Thank you!!

LOL!!  yeah, i guess you do at that!  

oh, except it\'s just "Ms" - Griffin is my maiden name, i haven\'t been legally married for over 22 years.
Peace.

dirtface

Well then in that case ;)  ;D and maybe a cat call to boot if that isn\'t too nefarious for you  :)

gkg

woo-hoo!  bearing in mind that just because i\'m not married doesn\'t mean i\'m not committed, or that maybe i should be...  :o  

my lover and i have lived together since the day i left my ex-husband... but i am an avid flirt and do browse the selections on both sides of the aisle, just to keep my hand in.

:-*
Peace.

sngwthme

Happy dancing right along with you! that is awesome!
Congratulations, well deserved recognition indeed.

gkg

whee!  thank you!

and this just in!

http://www.danspapers.com/paper/artsgallery.html

"...Georgia Griffin's "Harsh Winter" was less comedic, depicting a wrecked birdhouse, one worn down and split by cold. Inside, a nest, egg and feather are frozen in place."

"What one takes in while scanning the creations, from Paton Miller's long-limbed jungle creature in bright, pure pigments to the anemic greens of "Harsh Winter," is that there are so many ways to approach or respond to crisis."

i am told the piece was very popular at the auction and sold for "good money" - published results aren\'t out yet, they don\'t do that until all the checks clear.  :)

what makes me happiest is the reviewer totally got the feel of the piece.  that REALLY makes me HAPPY!!   ;)
Peace.

dirtface

Quotewoo-hoo!  bearing in mind that just because i\'m not married doesn\'t mean i\'m not committed, or that maybe i should be...  :o  

my lover and i have lived together since the day i left my ex-husband... but i am an avid flirt and do browse the selections on both sides of the aisle, just to keep my hand in.

:-*
;D

oldfolkie

This is great, gkg!  ;D  Marvellous piece of work.

For some reason I missed this first time around & I\'ve been away for a bit. Congrats on the excellent (intelligent) reviews & I hope it was a really good price!
Never underestimate the power of human stupidity. ~  R.A. Heinlein

gkg

hey - thanks!!

i haven\'t heard yet what "good money" means... but the person who used the phrase isn\'t one to fluff.
Peace.