Thanatopsis "Requiem" Available now.

Studio Videos

Live in studio performances

Workstation Studio

Started by Chris DiCicco, August 25, 2005, 10:11:35 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Chris DiCicco

August 25, 2005, 10:11:35 pm Last Edit: August 25, 2005, 10:12:12 pm by Chris
I may or may not get a Zoom 16 track Workstation, the Chamber needs an upgrade and I\'ve had it working from this Computer Minimic...

but I would gather some reviews and or suggestions from other Artists as to single units or Packages ?... What can I get for 500 or more...

New as apposed to Used?

I\'m looking for Zoom or Tascam WITH CDR installed into unit!

O.K.

Thats it
The Exosphere  2013

Chris DiCicco

Moss, this thing from Roland costs way to much new it sells for $ 1,600.00 dollars... must be cheaper in Pounds? Notes? Leer? Marks?.... I am so unfamiliar with the other countrys design for Moneys... I do know alitl about the metric system .... but beyond that its..............

A visit to Guitar Center might be in the near future! hmmm....

Thanks anyway!

Chris
The Exosphere  2013

dirtface

August 28, 2005, 02:07:42 am #3 Last Edit: August 28, 2005, 02:19:23 am by dirtface
Take a look at EBay? There are lots and lots of used pieces that should suit you, such as this hot one, but there are lots more. I have done much Ebay business and as long as you are careful you can get some great deals. Many times people really don\'t know the value of what they have and if it doesn\'t get found it can go for a steal.

Chris DiCicco

OH NO EBAY!!!!!!!!!!! RUNS SCREAMING....

sorry dirtface I don\'t like ebay the whole system just does not work for me, was THIS HOT ONE yers?

Tomarrow I wanna go to The Guitar Center to price something up there.

I would guess my Minimum track count would be 8 but  10 or 16 tracks would work beutifully, for me I still want one with a CDRW installed so I can Import WAV. Files, sadly I don\'t know alot about flashcards and what ever happen to Zip Drives, Oh well .

I am curretly writting some Pychadelic Punk songs for Patchworks with Chic Disc Rico, this workstation and the problems with the XP has got him Excited and Worried.

Thanks ;)

Chris
The Exosphere  2013

dirtface

QuoteOH NO EBAY!!!!!!!!!!! RUNS SCREAMING....

sorry dirtface I don\'t like ebay the whole system just does not work for me, was THIS HOT ONE yers?
Chris

To bad you can\'t make the system work for you. It is actually a very good idea superbly implemented. BUT there are always going to be people in this world who will try to take you for every nickle so if you are not up to the challange I guess running away is an idea. As far as it being mine or me having any clue who it is who is selling it? Nope. Sorry again. Only similarity there was the state it was shipping from is the one I reside in.  

Quote from: ChrisFiles, sadly I don\'t know alot about flashcards and what ever happen to Zip Drives, Oh well .

From the user standpoint the idea with flash is to be as transparent as possible. Flash is another well implemented plan that has been far too long in coming. I recall as a (young) teenager telling my father that someday I wouldn\'t need the stupid cassette tape drive to save my assembly programs from the computer (figure out how long ago THAT was). I told him some day all the storage would be on a chip and you will be able to stick all your data in you pocket. He patted me on the head and gave me that all knowing smile that meant "Sure son, sure. And some day we will all be in a better place too..." Bout damn time it showed up! Flash is great. My Flash based MP3 player is a hard drive when I need to be. Just plug it in and I can my zipped up code right alongside drop Buckets latest greats! I have designed in circuit test algorithms that allow us to program a product while performing ICT instead of at final test meaning the board can be configured much earlier in the manufacturing process (equates to flexability and cash savings), flash based USB upgrade routines to allow field upgrade (heck of a challange!!) and it all works fantastic. Mechanical devices have higher failure rates and consume more power. Flash upgrades are being embedded into everything nowadays. The only bummer is all the competing interfaces, SDC, MMC, stick, super stick etc... Again gets back to the same crap of every dog fighting for the biggest bone.

Anyway, hope you find what you need but don\'t fear flash. It is in your future.

CMA

i\'d get this,  audacity    check it on google

and get a cheap audio interface and have a ball

dirtface

Yep, got an Audacity shortcut on my desktop. Can\'t beat the price (free) but the functionality and usability can certainly be beat. Sometimes you do get what you pay for.  

Chris DiCicco

Thanks, I may have found what I\'m looking for at GC... uh yesterday... gotta wait for the sale... and build from there, looked at used equipment too, not that shabby.

will update in two days...

Thanks
The Exosphere  2013

Chris DiCicco

Getting a Zoom MR-802BCD... from the Local Music Shop here in town....

Chris
The Exosphere  2013

Chris DiCicco

Ordered the Zoom still owe the Locals close to 50$ should start recording Patchworks this Fall for a Feb/March release, I may release some lost songs as well as some really early stuff like before The Secret Society or Hot Dog and I\'ve tested the song \'I\'m So Transparent\' on some buddys of mine and they were saying " thats good" so I\'m rolling it around to see if it can be released....

Possible track listings for Patchworks will be in a later post.

Chris
The Exosphere  2013

Chris DiCicco

I got it (ZOOM MRS-802BCD) and have a whole bunch to learn for the rest of the year I\'ll just experiment with the thing untill I got/get the licks I want for Patchworks, I think I will do it in the vien of How to Make Soup and really Juxtapoz older songs and unreleased songs with newer ones... My goal is to make something extremly weird and very out there, no matter if its with Chic Disc Rico or before I knew him, which should proove to be an odd album.

END
The Exosphere  2013

Chris DiCicco

Haveing problems recording without Monitor system, this could be my brainless attept to jump ahead of my self but without a monitor system this thing does not work, Now thinking I have to get monitor system in order for the recording button to light up as I want to record with Drum samples and track 1, the book says push Record button then play....I thought I  had the thing working the other night but ala no recordo.... with headphones or CD in emulated line out from Marshall Amp.... Hmmm very vexing sounds like I\'ll have to stop in the Music store tommarrow.... dang.....

Chris
The Exosphere  2013

Chris DiCicco

something is deffinately wrong with this thing, I got Monitor system and the recording Button still does not light up grrrr...
The Exosphere  2013

Chris DiCicco

Problem solved

recording unit was locked

Chris feels like LameOpotatO

END
The Exosphere  2013