New!
Thanatopsis "Requiem" Available now.

Studio Videos

Live in studio performances

Viggo Mortensen doesn\'t care about white people

Started by phartacus, February 02, 2007, 11:09:24 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

phartacus

When I started posting on this board it was right after the hurricane Katrina debacle. What got me irate was the post calling attention to Viggo\'s website where he pretty much blamed every elected Republican for lack of compassion. Since the hurricane that rolled through NOLA there have been ice storms all across the midwest, and today in FL a tornado ripped through several communities. Wheres Viggo? C\'mon man I loved ya in "A History of Violence" but where is your compassion for all the white farmers in MT, and the white citizens of FL who have lost everything? Your silence speaks volumes. Great artist....partisan hack.      

Dog

Well, ice storms didn\'t kick people out of their homes and place them in a stadium. Don\'t tell me help couldn\'t be delivered to N.O.

And Republicans are to blame. They are the ones who don\'t believe in social welfare towards the public.  
woof.

dirtface

Ha! This is so out of context it certainly was meant as a joke. Right Mr. Farty? Or should I say isn\'t that correct your fartiness being as you have publicly denounced the \'Right' (spelled Wrong)

phartacus

QuoteHa! This is so out of context it certainly was meant as a joke. Right Mr. Farty? Or should I say isn\'t that correct your fartiness being as you have publicly denounced the \'Right' (spelled Wrong)
i like to illustrate the absurd by being absurd, i dont really believe viggo dislikes white folks, but am truly convinced his head is so far buried in the sand when it comes to politics.

Bucketheadcat

Hi Guys,
Just a quick note to correct a statement on here.  The ice storms did create havoc for white farmers, my family is one of them.  I live in Montana.  No we didn\'t have a stadium to go to, our local government told us to find our own way.  Many of the families are still homeless or living in rickshaws. Most are relying on public assistance.  Now, we did not experience the magnitude of New Orleans and the following tragedy that has occurred there.  It is truly a shame upon our government.    But please, I ask of you, don\'t assume that farmers can\'t lose everything or that we did not lose our homes.  It is over and done with and now it is time to rebuild.  But I must agree many celebrities and political people overlook small tragedies all around them.  I do appreciate someone noticing current events like these and posting about them.  Thank you.
Growing old is mandatory, growing up is optional.

With every person I meet, I find another great reason I love my cats!

Guitarist, faithful Bot, ailurophile, and anarchist philosopher