Thanatopsis "Requiem" Available now.

Studio Videos

Live in studio performances

dems didnt win midterm elections

Started by phartacus, December 23, 2006, 12:00:47 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

phartacus

http://blogs.abcnews.com/theblotter/2006/12/al_qaeda_sends_.html

"The first is that you aren\'t the ones who won the midterm elections, nor are the Republicans the ones who lost. Rather, the Mujahideen -- the Muslim Ummah\'s vanguard in Afghanistan and Iraq -- are the ones who won, and the American forces and their Crusader allies are the ones who lost," Zawahri said, according to a full transcript obtained by ABC News.

are any of you who voted democrat the least bit embarrased?

buswolley

Sorry Pharty, you can't have your cake and eat it too.  You can't claim that Al Qaeda is full of crazy, blood thirsty, evil, radicals, that must be destroyed at all cost; then listen to what they say when it suits your purpose.

phartacus

QuoteSorry Pharty, you can't have your cake and eat it too.  You can't claim that Al Qaeda is full of crazy, blood thirsty, evil, radicals, that must be destroyed at all cost; then listen to what they say when it suits your purpose.

I just went back and looked at my 30 some posts and not once could I find where I said those words. Either you have me confused with someone else or you just plain lie. Of course im apt to think the latter is true cause all you libs do is lie, lie again, spin, distort, and lie some more. And yes I do listen to what they say and I take them at their word when they say that they want to kill americans. And then after listening to them I think about every terrorist attack they commit and know that they mean business. Maybe if you and your ilk and all the complete boobs you vote into office would listen up and recognize the threat we who are grounded in reality wouldnt think you side with terrorists.  

Dog

March 02, 2007, 08:02:58 am #3 Last Edit: March 02, 2007, 08:04:59 am by Dog
I\'ll tell you what didn\'t help the Republicans..

1) Mark Foley (R)

2) George Allen (R)

3) Ted Haggard (G)

BTW, I\'m a little sick of Republicans associating Dems with Terrorist organizations.
woof.

phartacus

I\'ve decided in recent days that debating politics on this board is something I no longer wish to do. But thanks for your participation.

Dog

BTW, Ann Coulter called John Edwards a "fag**t" today. Just goes to show what the Republicans are all about. Sorry that you don\'t want to discuss politics anymore, but the reason the Republicans are in a losing battle is because the representatives do an extremely poor job of PR.
woof.

phartacus

fine i can indulge......

i dont defend people i defend most conservative principles because i feel when applied properly they achieve the best results.

As far as my personal politics go i am not a republican
i tend to fancy myself a conservative libertarian.  

dirtface

Hah! What a comically extreme cop out. If you extol Libertarian views then please explain your support for the expenditures in Iraq.

phartacus

QuoteHah! What a comically extreme cop out. If you extol Libertarian views then please explain your support for the expenditures in Iraq.

Damnit everytime i think im out...they pull me back in lol

As far as iraq goes this is my opinion....

Saddam had to go. He was a lunatic that demonstrated an ability to kill mass amounts of human beings at once. And in a post 9/11 world im grateful someone had the good sense to wipe out this threat not only to my country but others as well. Now I know the common reply is "but there are other crazy leaders why did we go after saddam and not them...must be the oil" well Im all for getting rid of a few others. But I dont pick and choose the battles. I have many more OPINIONS on this matter but to go through em all is not something I wanna do.

And where have you been by the way...holiday abroad?
you been so quiet, GKG too she hasnt posted for a while either.

dirtface

Damnit everytime i think im out...they pull me back in lol

As far as iraq goes this is my opinion....

Saddam had to go.

So your idea of Libertarian values somehow includes a minimalist government committed to nation building and expansionism? Wow, what a clever concept. And to think, almost anyone else would I know would have immediately tagged your comments as a near perfect oxymoron.

oldfolkie

I think many "conservative libertarians" would have found themselves much more comfortable in the upper echelons of 18th century society, when the poor knew their place & there were no upstarts to challenge their received wisdom. And wars were believed to be righteous, and the notion of having god taking sides was not somehow laughable. And those with money were in the right, no matter how irrational their notions. And, to return to the subject header, "rotten" seats were dealt out by the powerful and government was for the benefit of the rich. Sound familiar?

Too bad we\'re in the 21st century now. For them, at least. In spite of attempts to create a new 18th century style underclass, there is still more hope than despair that we have progressed beyond that degree of social and moral turpitude.
Never underestimate the power of human stupidity. ~  R.A. Heinlein

dirtface

And where have you been by the way...holiday abroad?

Unfortunately, during the very small amount of time I have off work

(generally less than 12 hours a day during the week, always less than 18 hours on Saturday and almost never less than 21 on Sunday; yes you read  that right. I not only work for a living but basically have to put in enough hours for somewhere between a job and a half and two)

I have to stay away from the keyboard as much as possible. RSS from coding and such is destroying my knuckles on my left hand. If I lose these I have to find a new way to gather food.

So there you have it. Every character I punch out for your sake pains me more than you can imagine.