New!
Thanatopsis "Requiem" Available now.

Studio Videos

Live in studio performances

Let me be the first

Started by oldfolkie, November 08, 2006, 11:54:18 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

phartacus

QuoteI\'m guessing that many of the "third world thugs" are dead scared of even being in NYC among the USA\'s "first world" thugs, and would be quite pleased to see the UN headquarters moved to some less volatile environment.

but new york city has been run by liberals for decades now, it should be utopia because according to liberals they are the only ones who care for people, arent racist, arent homophobic, have better social programs not like us slack jaw\'d hayseed hick repukes.  

oldfolkie

but new york city has been run by liberals for decades now, it should be utopia because according to liberals they are the only ones who care for people, arent racist, arent homophobic, have better social programs not like us slack jaw\'d hayseed hick repukes.  

Ah, I see. I erred in using your own words in my response to you, and picking up the label "thugs". Actually, that\'s a trap, one I need to be more careful about stepping into in future. As far as I\'m aware, we\'re all "people". That\'s the only label I need, thanks. If we see that we\'re all pretty much alike, there\'s a lot less reason to hate, fear and fight. And by extension, a lot more reason to care about each other, and look after each other. What goes around, comes around.
Never underestimate the power of human stupidity. ~  R.A. Heinlein

dirtface

i am so sick of you taking my words out of context and twisting them and im not even gonna try to detail it for you. and still you cant give me one solution to any problems.

Actually I believe I had your words perfectly in context. This is why you cannot possibly explain your statements away, no?

gkg

pharticus:
Quotenew york city has been run by liberals for decades now

i\'m not going to get involved in your negativity, but i will toss this one thought your way.  the phrase quoted above is rather meaningless.

while Michael Bloomberg was a Democrat most of his life, he is Mayor under the Republican banner due to internal party issues he had.  prior to that, for 5 years, NYC was governed under another Repubican, Rudy Giuliani.  in fact, it has only had 4 other Republican mayors that i know of, and most of those were fairly liberal as well.  it has pretty much always been run by liberals - the only difference among them was their degree of liberalism.
Peace.

image = <i>"Blue Velvet"</i> (front of 2-sided piece) (c) georgia k griffin - all rights reserved

phartacus

Ah, I see. I erred in using your own words in my response to you, and picking up the label "thugs". Actually, that\'s a trap, one I need to be more careful about stepping into in future. As far as I\'m aware, we\'re all "people". That\'s the only label I need, thanks. If we see that we\'re all pretty much alike, there\'s a lot less reason to hate, fear and fight. And by extension, a lot more reason to care about each other, and look after each other. What goes around, comes around.

i didnt try to trap you into anything I just call em as i see em and these tin pot dictators are thugs pure and simple. It\'s funny though cause in one post you admit there are fascist dictators in the world and then in the same thread say that "were all people and thats the only label you need". But as far as the UN goes there are over 100 member nations But the US foots something like 90% of the bill and what do we (americans) get for it? We get THUGS like Kruschev banging his fist on the podium saying they (the soviets) will bury our children, We get Hugo Chavez calling our president satan, we get rapes by UN "peacekeepers" in the congo i mean the list of UN bullshit is endless and I for one think its high time we (america) stop using this worthless group of nitwits to try and solve world issues. I realize we are all just people unfortunately some of these "people" are just plain evil and i fear that pacifists who have this unwillingness to recognize evil will someday be in charge.  

phartacus

Actually I believe I had your words perfectly in context. This is why you cannot possibly explain your statements away, no?

its a shame that all the energy you put into being a smug, arrogant, jerk off couldnt be used to actually come up with some ideas...you\'re dismissed

phartacus

Quotepharticus:

i\'m not going to get involved in your negativity, but i will toss this one thought your way.  the phrase quoted above is rather meaningless.

while Michael Bloomberg was a Democrat most of his life, he is Mayor under the Republican banner due to internal party issues he had.  prior to that, for 5 years, NYC was governed under another Repubican, Rudy Giuliani.  in fact, it has only had 4 other Republican mayors that i know of, and most of those were fairly liberal as well.  it has pretty much always been run by liberals - the only difference among them was their degree of liberalism.

my negativity??? you cant be serious? you have to be the most negative person on this board. but just like dirtface you try and weasel out of answering the question as put to you by belittling me... real class act. at least old folkie has the cajones to engage.

gkg

i am curious and amused by the fact that you frequently call me negative, at times even going so far as to say you think i am the most negative person on the board, and yet you single me out from the very start as the person you most want to hear from.  that just seems silly...

QuoteGKG I quoted you specifically cause your posts always make me laugh and I\'d like to ask you to respond to a few questions. Now that the party you feel can better solve americas issues is in power how would you like to see such problems such as illegal immigration, the terrorist threat by radical islamists, and soaring health care costs solved. Please give specific answers.

if i thought that i had the very specific answers to those questions that you seem to think i have, i would be trying to reach those best able to implement them.  as it is, i am simply glad to know that the country is taking the first steps toward setting right that which has become an intolerable debacle.

it will take time, it will take work, and solutions for problems so complex will not come to you in a random sound bite on a thread in a musician\'s political forum.  you don\'t really want my opinion, so why should i bother to articulate further than that?
Peace.

image = <i>"Blue Velvet"</i> (front of 2-sided piece) (c) georgia k griffin - all rights reserved

buswolley

SSOOOO, Oldfolkie, what are you writing about?    8)   :-X

oldfolkie

QuoteSSOOOO, Oldfolkie, what are you writing about?    8)   :-X
Right now I\'m working on an historical novel, buswolley. In between political ranting & raving, of course  ;)
Never underestimate the power of human stupidity. ~  R.A. Heinlein

dirtface

its a shame that all the energy you put into being a smug, arrogant, jerk off couldnt be used to actually come up with some ideas...you\'re dismissed

HA HA HA! That is simply wonderful. \'You\'re dismissed.\' Arrogant?! Hah! You are hilarious.

P.S. I am glad you finally learned how to use a spell checker.  

stuffyrandL

This isn\'t directed at anyone in particular, so please don\'t flame me.  This is just my understanding of things.  And I don\'t claim to be a scholar at all! LOL!
As far as the UN goes, the world is made up of many countries.  And it is in everyone\'s best interests to go before the UN to deal with problems in the world.  I think part of the problem that has been had with the UN lies in the fact that our leaders have thought they were somehow above the UN.  Because, just as the UN says the US can\'t invade Somewhere, they also say Somewhere cannot invade the US.  
I just don\'t understand why some people have a problem with the Republican/Democrat labels.  My husband and I are Democrats, I guess. *shrug* Though, if a Republican candidate is the best one, we\'ll vote for them.  We are pretty liberal people though not the most liberal we know. Now, a couple we are very close with are Republicans.  And I mean serious Republicans.  But they\'re good people, loyal friends, and we made them our son\'s godparents.  So, I don\'t have a problem with anyone\'s political beliefs.  And I don\'t think anyone here does either.  I just don\'t want to get flamed.  
And, before anyone asks, we were very happy with the election results!  LOL!  And, no I don\'t have any answers for the current issues facing our elected officials.  If I had ideas of how to fix things, I guess I would have run for office.  So, it will take one or many far more intelligent than I to come up with solutions! I can only hope there ARE solutions at this point!  
There\'s my two cents, I guess!
Be happy while you're living for you're a long time dead- Scottish proverb