New!
Thanatopsis "Requiem" Available now.

Studio Videos

Live in studio performances

new Canadian equality law

Started by oldfolkie, June 30, 2005, 01:40:08 am

Previous topic - Next topic

oldfolkie

"On June 28th, Bill C-38, titled Law on Civil Marriage, passed a final reading in the House of Commons, sailing through in a 158-133 vote. Supported by most members of the Liberal party, the Bloc Québécois and the NDP, the vote makes Canada the third country in the world, after the Netherlands and Belgium, to officially recognize same-sex marriage." (quoted from cbc.ca)

My thoughts? I\'m expecting to get some wedding invitations in the mail before too long!  ;D
Never underestimate the power of human stupidity. ~  R.A. Heinlein

gkg

you know, if you guys would just do something about that cold front we\'d be moving up there and sending you an invite!
Peace.

image = <i>"Blue Velvet"</i> (front of 2-sided piece) (c) georgia k griffin - all rights reserved

oldfolkie

Quoteyou know, if you guys would just do something about that cold front we\'d be moving up there and sending you an invite!
Well, if you can figure out how to bring the California climate with you, you will be MOST welcome!  ;D  ...and I\'d love an invite to the wedding, too. 8)
Never underestimate the power of human stupidity. ~  R.A. Heinlein

gkg

hey, your invite to the wedding would be a natural!  unfortunately, my influence over the weather is far less than the average sedan... so i\' guess we\'ll have to settle for meetin\' on the next trip one of us makes near the other!
Peace.

image = <i>"Blue Velvet"</i> (front of 2-sided piece) (c) georgia k griffin - all rights reserved