Thanatopsis "Requiem" Available now.

Studio Videos

Live in studio performances

favourite quotes

Started by d6, February 02, 2006, 11:43:38 am

Previous topic - Next topic

ZQ

^^^  ;) :)

"The man who does not understand your silence will probably not understand your words." - Elbert Hubbard

Big HUGZ  :)

Joy follows a pure thought like a shadow that never leaves.

Quitness

"The answer is never the answer. What\'s really interesting is the mystery.
If you seek the mystery instead of the answer, you\'ll always be seeking.
I\'ve never seen anybody really find the answer-- they think they have, so they stop thinking.
But the job is to seek mystery, evoke mystery,
plant a garden in which strange plants grow and mysteries bloom.
The need for mystery is greater than the need for an answer."

-Ken Kesey

ZQ

"The Optimist Creed"

"Promise Yourself

To be so strong that nothing can disturb your peace of mind.

To talk health, happiness, and prosperity to every person you meet.

To make all your friends feel that there is something worthwhile in them.

To look at the sunny side of everything and make your optimism come true.

To think only of the best, to work only for the best and to expect only the best.

To be just as enthusiastic about the success of others as you are about your own.

To forget the mistakes of the past and press on to the greater achievements of the future.

To wear a cheerful expression at all times and give a smile to every living creature you meet.

To give so much time to improving yourself that you have no time to criticize others.

To be too large for worry, too noble for anger, too strong for fear, and too happy to permit the presence of trouble.

To think well of yourself and to proclaim this fact to the world, not in loud word, but in great deeds.

To live in the faith that the whole world is on your side, so long as you are true to the best that is in you."

Christian D Larson 1912

Big HUGZ x a zilly... :-*

stumpdangler

June 18, 2011, 12:53:35 am #138 Last Edit: June 18, 2011, 12:54:53 am by stumpdangler
"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it."
 - Mark Twain, author/humorist (1835-1910)

Duckhead

I like nonsense, it wakes up the brain cells. Fantasy is a necessary ingredient in living, it\'s a way of looking at life through the wrong end of a telescope. Which is what I do, and that enables you to laugh at life\'s realities. - Dr. Seuss  

and another...

Adults are obsolete children. - Dr. Seuss

Duckhead

August 08, 2011, 04:08:55 pm #140 Last Edit: August 08, 2011, 04:09:34 pm by Duckhead
"I am not just ANY strange dude, I am a SUPER strange dude!"
- Super Grover 2.0

piikea

"When I give food to the poor, they call me a saint. When I ask why are they poor, they call me a Communist." - Hélder Câmara
Bill Laswell / Raoul Björkenheim / Morgan Agren: Blixt (2011) //// Bangtower: Casting Shadows (2011) //// Levin Torn White (2011)

piikea

"I\'ve changed. People change. Changes...  I\'m not the same Jerri Blank who informed on those blind orphans. I\'m not the same Jerri Blank who revealed the hiding place of those Guatemalans... such as yourself. And I\'m not the same Jerri Blank who took a crap in the Fleishmann\'s holly bushes... last night." -- explaining why she doesn\'t want to finger Kimberly Timbers for being a retard, from "Who Wants Cake?"
Bill Laswell / Raoul Björkenheim / Morgan Agren: Blixt (2011) //// Bangtower: Casting Shadows (2011) //// Levin Torn White (2011)

ZQ

"In a world filled with hate, we must still dare to hope. In a world filled with anger, we must still dare to comfort. In a world filled with despair, we must still dare to dream. And in a world filled with distrust, we must still dare to believe." Michael Jackson

Big HUGZ

Duckhead

November 04, 2011, 04:19:45 am #144 Last Edit: November 04, 2011, 05:29:02 am by Duckhead
I just read Kurt Vonneguts a man with no country - what a great book, imo opinion one of Vonneguts best and I\'ve read most of his works - he was and still is awesome!! but the reason I like this book so much is that I am so familiar with Vonneguts writing, if you\'ve never read his stuff then I recommend Breakfast of Champions, Sirens of Titan or Cat\'s Cradle. Read the early works first.

ok rather than quote the entire book I will just quote one of favorite passages (and there were MANY to choose from)...

If you really want to hurt your parents and you don\'t have enough nerve to be gay, the least you can do is go in to the arts. I\'m not kidding. The arts are not a way to make a living. They are a very human way of making life more bearable. Practicing an art, no matter how well or how badly, is a way to make your soul grow, for heaven\'s sake. Sing in the shower. Dance to the radio. Write a poem to a friend, even a lousy poem. Do it as well as you possibly can. You will get an enormous reward. You will have created something.

Travis (i doubt you visit this thread) but I\'d guess you are a fan of Vonnegut as well, am I right?