tikitaki

"He who does not think much of himself is much more esteemed than he imagines."
 j.w. v goethe

:-)

DragonSon

i eat slaw and i don\'t care about anything else
                                                        -Chicken Boy

tikitaki

We can\'t solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them
-Einstein

whiteladyofrohan

"Oh, my dear, that\'s a little strong, don\'t you think?" Prestested Nimrod. "We\'re not exactly criminals."

"I feel like a criminal." Said Philiipa.

I daresay that\'s because you insisted on looking like one. Blackened faces, roll-neck sweaters, leather gloves, sneakers? If I were to dress like that I would call the police and have them arrest me immediately. You two look absolutly desperate."
-The Children of the Lamp

stuffyrandL

My favorite quote is a Scottish proverb my Grammie used to tell me.  
"Be happy while you\'re living as you\'re a long time dead."

And from Monty Python and the Holy Grail
EVERYTHING!   ;D  LOL!
Be happy while you're living for you're a long time dead- Scottish proverb

tikitaki

"The thing that is really hard, and really amazing, is giving up on
being perfect and beginning to work on becoming yourself."

Anna Quindlen

Solar

"Justice is the only worship.
Love is the only priest.
Ignorance is the only slavery.
Happiness is the only good.
The time to be happy is now,
The place to be happy is here,
The way to be happy is to make others so."

- Robert G. Ingersoll, 1882

ZQ

I think I should have no other mortal wants, if I could always have plenty of music. It seems to infuse strength into my limbs and ideas into my brain. Life seems to go on without effort, when I am filled with music.
George Eliot (1819 - 1880

:-*

Joy follows a pure thought like a shadow that never leaves.

tikitaki

Art is contemplation. It is the pleasure of the mind which searches into nature and which there divines the spirit of which nature herself is animated.

Auguste Rodin

tikitaki

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness, that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, and fabulous? Actually, who are you not to be? You are a child of God. Your playing small doesn\'t serve the world. There\'s nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won\'t feel insecure around you. We are all meant to shine, as children do. We are born to make manifest the glory of God that is within us. It\'s not just in some of us, it\'s in everyone. And as we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same. As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others.

Marianne Williamson

coolwalking

May 31, 2007, 10:17:45 am #25 Last Edit: June 01, 2007, 12:41:32 am by coolwalking
"Fuck \'em if they can\'t take a joke."
- Church of the Subgenius

Quite self-explanatory really.

"Do what thou wilt shall be the whole of the law."
-Aleister Crowley

I don\'t believe in any of the religious stuff behind it, but I just like the idea that in a perfect world, everyone could do whatever they wanted, and we wouldn\'t need policing because we would know not to do something bad, which has nothing to do with what the quote is actually about, but whatever.

"Simple things may amuse simple minds, but it takes a simple mind to think of anything as simple"
- Me

I came up with this about 5 years ago, and I don\'t really  remember what it\'s supposed to mean, but it has a nice ring to it, don\'t ya think?

*edit*

Actually, that "perfect world" sounds pretty horrible. Since moral notions of "good" and "bad" are completely subjective, that would mean everyone would have to agree with that 1 subjective definition of "good" and "bad"... I still don\'t like the whole idea of being "policed", though, which leads me to my next quote:

"Who will watch the watchers?"
- I don\'t know, I must have got it from somewhere...

postofficebuddy

"Now watch this drive" George W. Bush ;D

ZQ

[glb]"The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the source of all art and science." Einstein [/glb]

:)

nuff_said

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will finally know peace

- Jimi Hendrix
Truth:  it's OK if they don't understand.  if you follow it, stay true to it, and respect it, you could be in store for the greatest journey you could ever imagine.

ZQ

"Loneliness adds beauty to life. It puts a special burn on sunsets and makes night air smell better." ~ Henry Rollins

"Alone is not lonely " ~ ZQ :)