New!
Thanatopsis "Requiem" Available now.

Studio Videos

Live in studio performances

Pure silence...

Started by ZQ, March 04, 2008, 02:11:33 am

Previous topic - Next topic

ZQ

inner peace...pure silence...it\'s not new...but recently i needed a reminder...so I thought I\'d just share with youz.

http://www.puresilence.org/written_word.htm

BIG HUGZ!  :)

Joy follows a pure thought like a shadow that never leaves.

nuff_said

March 04, 2008, 05:58:18 am #1 Last Edit: March 04, 2008, 05:58:35 am by nuff_said

Truth:  it's OK if they don't understand.  if you follow it, stay true to it, and respect it, you could be in store for the greatest journey you could ever imagine.

ZQ

::)

[size=-6]
all betterz now  ;D big hugz  ;)[/size]

eggman90

Very interesting. I\'m not sure I catch the god angle though. Are these reflections suggesting there is a god within or a higher power? Lots to digest......

ZQ

March 06, 2008, 11:37:52 pm #4 Last Edit: March 06, 2008, 11:38:12 pm by ZQ
QuoteVery interesting. I\'m not sure I catch the god angle though. Are these reflections suggesting there is a god within or a higher power? Lots to digest......

Yes there is quite allot to digest...

I felt the message as...god within...the void of nothingness...the center of our being...alpha and omega...  :)
the pure silence beyond the ego (devil?)...
possibly where god lives...the peaceful void of nothingness....letting go of all thought and reason...and just "be"... it is comforting.  

We are not "separate" from God...24/7 the truth  lives within each of us.

eggman90

John Lennon said god is concept...but did actually say it was within us all. More tangible for me than the big hidden man in the sky. Good info.

ZQ

;D ummmm my headstump is not well versed on John Lennon...but I have a grip of understanding of the bible (my faith by default...and admittedly a twisted christain  ;)) I\'m no expert by any stretch of the imagintion...yet I chose to read the bible 3 different times...cover to cover like a novel. The bible is a very entertaining read...plenty of horror and magic. Room to think...when read in context...one word to the next.
I also taught Sunday school years ago...for delightfully 5&6th graders  :) We had fun...no fuddy duddy classroom!  ;) Jesus for one said "The kingdom of god dwells within you"   :) It is referenced sooo many times...too.

The references of the "within" factor...seems to be a foundation of EVERY faith/religion.
I would suggest anyone who hasn\'t...take a gander and check out the zeigiest movie...expand, think...

my opinion organized religion creates more divisions than harmony or peace...whereas the void of puresilence...we are each separate yet connected...through it\'s energy...which allows for more understanding.

positive thinking and attitudes ...create a healing environment...and miracles still happen today...

the power of pure silence...many names  to describe it...
some may refer to it as the holy spirit...the gift of god...yet whatever name chosen... the void... the center line...the deep nothingness where utter peace subsides...

"IT"  lives within us...

ok...oops..I got carried away...feeling more than thinking again! seizure laterz!

BIG HUGZ!  ;)

eggman90

Quote;D ummmm my headstump is not well versed on John Lennon...but I have a grip of understanding of the bible (my faith by default...and admittedly a twisted christain  ;)) I\'m no expert by any stretch of the imagintion...yet I chose to read the bible 3 different times...cover to cover like a novel. The bible is a very entertaining read...plenty of horror and magic. Room to think...when read in context...one word to the next.
I also taught Sunday school years ago...for delightfully 5&6th graders  :) We had fun...no fuddy duddy classroom!  ;) Jesus for one said "The kingdom of god dwells within you"   :) It is referenced sooo many times...too.

The references of the "within" factor...seems to be a foundation of EVERY faith/religion.
I would suggest anyone who hasn\'t...take a gander and check out the zeigiest movie...expand, think...

my opinion organized religion creates more divisions than harmony or peace...whereas the void of puresilence...we are each separate yet connected...through it\'s energy...which allows for more understanding.

positive thinking and attitudes ...create a healing environment...and miracles still happen today...

the power of pure silence...many names  to describe it...
some may refer to it as the holy spirit...the gift of god...yet whatever name chosen... the void... the center line...the deep nothingness where utter peace subsides...

"IT"  lives within us...

ok...oops..I got carried away...feeling more than thinking again! seizure laterz!

BIG HUGZ!  ;)

Agree, organized religion has done more to pervert the words and work of Jesus, for example, who would probably explode if he saw what horrific deeds have occured in his name. My personal philosophy is, I believe in god, but not religion. Everyone is entitled to take their own path. John Lennon was "crucified" when he said this in 1966: "Christianity will go. It will vanish and shrink. I needn\'t argue with that; I\'m right and I will be proved right. We\'re more popular than Jesus now; I don\'t know which will go first -- rock and roll or Christianity." Beatles albums were burned en masse by young people of the day. Bizarre, since he didn\'t say they were better than Jesus. But I digress. Basically I\'m saying I agree with you.

I really like and believe the message in the movie Pay It Forward, I think everyone should see it.

ella_mental

You know, I find a great way to freak myself out about the nature of existence is to ponder the electromagnetic spectrum.

I did click the link in this thread and read a little.  What I dislike about reading stuff like that is that I feel like a moron because I\'m not levitating in lotus position all day every day...or ever.

However, my small venture into pure silence yielded the song Ice Ice Baby.  Which then prompted dance moves from that era and a debate about the lyrics.  Which then prompted a lyrics search and a reading of the lyrics to Ice Ice Baby like Allen Gingburg.

That attempt at silence was worth it.

ZQ

May 23, 2008, 12:48:31 pm #9 Last Edit: May 23, 2008, 06:56:00 pm by ZQ
QuoteYou know, I find a great way to freak myself out about the nature of existence is to ponder the electromagnetic spectrum.

I did click the link in this thread and read a little.  What I dislike about reading stuff like that is that I feel like a moron because I\'m not levitating in lotus position all day every day...or ever.

However, my small venture into pure silence yielded the song Ice Ice Baby.  Which then prompted dance moves from that era and a debate about the lyrics.  Which then prompted a lyrics search and a reading of the lyrics to Ice Ice Baby like Allen Gingburg.

That attempt at silence was worth it.

i\'m no expert of the electromagnetic spectrum...yet I find the subject quite facinating....not so freaky really...
now...*scratch my head* I\'m not so sure what ice ice baby had to do with any of this...but happy it was worth it to you.  ;)

huh...I ponder... about the comment of only reading a "little" it\'s quite your choice and it\'s certainly fine if it did not interest you...or no sense of curiousity was ignited...but...

puresilence is NOT "traditional meditation" at all...nor any hours in a lotus position.

It\'s not a "new" idea...
i found puresilence to be a reminder...that...

finding the center...to just "be"...is easier than some believe.

no mantra is needed...puresilence can be found anywhere, anytime....it\'s all up to the individual...

the second paragraph of the following...offers better understanding...
it\'s your choice..."if" you choose to read...this
http://www.puresilence.org/spiritual_practice.htm

ella_mental

I have been meditating for several years.  It came very natually to me.  I\'m very lucky.  I\'ve known lots of people who struggle with it.  It might not be as hard as some people think, but it\'s not as easy as some people think either.

Really I have nothing against Pure Silence.  I prefer my own direct experiences as my frames of reference, not books writen by other people.  It sort of makes me question my own frames, in a bad way.

If there is one thing I\'ve learned through my years of meditating, it is to know my own mind.  I think everybody\'s path is different.  Sort of like that Moody Blues lyric, "1000 pictures can be drawn from one word".