New!
Thanatopsis "Requiem" Available now.

Studio Videos

Live in studio performances

Hey, everyone!

Started by stuffyrandL, September 11, 2007, 04:26:26 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

stuffyrandL

Well, I\'ve been gone a while.  Sorry.  Just had a hard time finding time to get here, I guess.  Looks like there\'s some new tunes to check out and lots of new threads to read.  I\'ve missed the intellectuals here.  LOL!  
A lot has been going on around here.  The baby I announced last summer?  He\'s one now!  Hey, how\'d that happen?  LOL!  My little girl is in kindergarten and loving it, dancing, riding our horse, playing soccer (the kid is a super sick player.  just watches each player then goes for it. LOL!), and gearing up for ski team this winter.  My oldest is loving school, field hockey, dancing, getting ready for skiing, but her real love is our horse and training for eventing with her.  We bought Star last November and she is our love.  I wanted this mare for so long and when she came available, my husband couldn\'t say no.  She is truly an Arabian.  Versatile, athletic, sweet, and brave.  Can you tell we love her a bit?  LOL!  She and my oldest are starting two phase eventing.  They compete in dressage and showjumping now then move up eventually to cross country.  It\'s been busy trying to find the right barn situation and trainers and all.  But, we are on our way to a new barn with an indoor to keep up that conditioning.  And, hubby wants to buy it so we\'ll see.  
We may have a farm, you all!  There\'s a dream come true.  I took a bonafide city boy and am turning him into a farmer!  LOL!  And it isn\'t at all difficult.  A few well placed "Babe, imagine sitting on the lawn underneath the apple tree, drinking a beer, watching your horses graze and play in the turnout.  Imagine how peaceful it would be after a hard day of work."  And he was hooked.  LOL!
He\'s still working a ton outside the home.  I\'m still working a ton with the kids at home.  Busy, busy!  It\'s good to pop back in!

Stuffy
Be happy while you're living for you're a long time dead- Scottish proverb

buswolley

September 12, 2007, 01:36:48 am #1 Last Edit: September 12, 2007, 01:07:32 pm by buswolley
Stuffy,

Nice to hear form you.  It sounds like your family is doing great.

We stopped having most of the intellectual conversations when you disappeared, welcome back...With the recently released study that health care costs have risen by 6.1 percent, will this bring about change in the way the government views our current health care system or will more people simply go with out adequate care...aaaaand...discuss...    ;)

I can't believe that kid is one!

Post a pic of the horse.  

Man, your kids sure do keep you jumpin.  Hopefully regardless of your very busy schedule you can stick around for a long while.

gkg

hey - hello there!!!   :-*

lovely to see your handle pop up!

kids grow so damn fast.  soak it all up.  before you know it, they\'re doing your head in with wonderful insights.

i\'m so jealous about Star.  other than the occasional \'rent-a-horse\' i haven\'t really been able to ride regularly since boarding school.  i had free rein of the most wonderful horse - Paper Doll - she was 17 hands, just the most acceptional Morgan.  she had a FABULOUS sense of humor.
Peace.

image = <i>"Blue Velvet"</i> (front of 2-sided piece) (c) georgia k griffin - all rights reserved

stuffyrandL

Okay, well, my photobucket isn\'t cooperating.  LOL!  As soon as it is, I\'ll post a pic of our horse.  LOL!  Thought I had a minute to post some more and read but my son seems determined to pull all the board games off the shelf!  LOL!  They make a tremendously fabulous crash and mess when he\'s successful!  LOL!
Be happy while you're living for you're a long time dead- Scottish proverb