New!
Thanatopsis "Requiem" Available now.

Studio Videos

Live in studio performances

Ozzfest 2005

Started by Chris DiCicco, August 16, 2005, 02:55:33 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Chris DiCicco

I went this year was brutly assalted by the Music and Sunshine.

My Guitar playing buddy from Rah Dic, got TO MEET TONY IOMMI AND GEEZER BUTLER, he said it was very nazi soup kitchen like.

I got to see Mastadon, As I lay Dieing, Killswitch Engadged? and Rob Zombie with John 5, 5, played the brady bunch theme.

got to hear half of Shadows Fall, Mudvayne, Iron Maiden And Black Sabbath...

my ears are still ringing and the back and   of my neck is red, raw and burned ditto with my right arm.

WERE YOU IN MARYSVILLE?! or another Ozzfest!?

I went up to some guy and said " has anyone ever said you look alot like Iggy Pop" his girlfriend was like "thats a new one" he said " No" it was a dead on match Iggy was there...

Heh Heh Heh... More Later

Chris
The Exosphere  2013

gkg

QuoteI went up to some guy and said " has anyone ever said you look alot like Iggy Pop" his girlfriend was like "thats a new one" he said " No" it was a dead on match Iggy was there...

Did he answer to Jimmy?
Peace.

image = <i>"Blue Velvet"</i> (front of 2-sided piece) (c) georgia k griffin - all rights reserved

Chris DiCicco

James Osterberg or Jim,is what David Bowie calls Iggy, he\'d kick my a$$ if I called him Jim... No No I would respect him call him Mr. Pop... nah I may have scared him off.

Ozzfest 2005 was so much better then 2002 yes I\'m an Alumni, this time everyone rocked alot harder...

Ozzy did anounce he wasn\'t going to headline anymore Ozzfests, becuase of his voice going out on the last song he was in top shape for a guy his age.

I saw so many great looking people, I wish I could just go to these things and take pictures of the people, the sea of faces and  colors.

I had three people step on my toes and some one dealing behind me Oh Yeah I was ticked, being the wall between Security and the deals going down... LAME

More later...

Chris
The Exosphere  2013

gkg

ah, but if he\'s incognito he might prefer it.  used to see him at clubs once in a while in new york.  not playing them but hanging...  very nice guy from what i could tell.  i would LOVE to paint his face.  i\'ve loved his face for years and its just getting better and better from a character point of view.  years ago, I used to do a lot of Bowie work, but his face is getting less interesting in some ways, but not Iggy\'s.  funny that.
Peace.

image = <i>"Blue Velvet"</i> (front of 2-sided piece) (c) georgia k griffin - all rights reserved

Chris DiCicco

About Iggy\'s face I read or saw somewheres, he said he had a lot of reconstruction done, I don\'t remember where this was, but yeah Iggy sounds like he would be real cool talking to or chilling out in clubs in NY city, I read somewheres in a Skin Magazine a real lengthy artical by Iggy Pop, about how to ask your Boss for 1,000 dollars just once, all I can say is I didn\'t work.

Ozzfest scedule (* the bands I missed)

*Soilwork
* It Dies Today
* Arch Enemy
Trivium
The Black Dahlia Murder
The Haunted
* Wicked Wisdom
* gizmachi
A Dozen Furies
Mastodon
As I Lay Dying
Killswitch Engage
Rob Zombie w John 5 and Others

*In Flames
* Black Label Society
Shadows Fall
Mudvayne
Iron Maiden
Black Sabbath

the bands indicated with the * I was in transit to and or from the concert venue, water fountains and I got sepperated from my party I was with... but we found each other, food was a fortune, I think my ears have just now stopped ringing.

END

Chris

The Exosphere  2013

gkg

i don\'t know about any reconstruction but i just think his face has become more and more interesting.

http://www.rockwave.com/internotas/imagens/iggy_pop2.jpg
Peace.

Chris DiCicco

Quotei don\'t know about any reconstruction but i just think his face has become more and more interesting.

http://www.rockwave.com/internotas/imagens/iggy_pop2.jpg

Iggy kinda looks like Joe Camel in this one, sorta peed to, I guess its after they made Joe quit smoking... Ha Ha Ha... I\'ll have to find a photo of Iggy probably the Skull Ring (now)  VS.  the Stooges  (then) and compare...?
The Exosphere  2013

gkg

sounds like a good idea - i\'d be curious what you determined.  i saw him live in East Hampton a couple decades ago... and around NYC several times, that would be a little over a decade ago... i will have to admit i can\'t focus the mental images clearly enough for a comparison.  :)
Peace.

spencer

Dude, it would have been sooo awesome to see Maiden.  There the one band that i actually consider going to ozzfest to see.

I hate it when there\'s a big festival and two bands you really wanna see are playing, but then it\'s a 50 dollar festival and you\'re like... it\'s not worth it to see the bands from a crappy view and only for a half an hour.

Luckily, that festival i just referrenced has come and gone, I didn\'t go, and the exact same bands i wanted to see are both coming to town in the fall.  Hooray

Chris DiCicco

I tried an failed at the photo transfer.... BLAH to the XP BLAH I say!

I wanted to talk a studie of Iggy\'s eyes, I\'ve heard enough about the road map of life that is his bodie.

the Eyes have me...

Oh well

the words will have to do the comparitive of Iggy\'s Eyes on Lust for Life and Avenue B .

Youth VS. Oldster

Stoned VS. Straight

if you have these albums you\'ll know just what the hek I\'m talking about...

Chris
The Exosphere  2013

gkg

the eyes have it indeed!  i love eyes... there\'s a certain person who\'s whole sexual heat is seated in their eyes.  not Iggy, he holds some of that back; you can see there\'s a fire back there... but you can\'t feel the full force of the heat.  this other guy though, there is a warm sadness that, as you keep looking into the image of his eyes, the heat of mixed want and knowledge build to near overwhelming.  i have yet to meet the man in person so i don\'t know if it\'s true face to face but i\'ve no reason to doubt that it would be even more intense.

Iggy, in person, has a degree of heat but it comes from a more base and banal space, the rest appears to be lurking  somewhere in the back.  he holds his cards too tightly, for all the display to the contrary; that\'s all a defense mechanism from what i can tell.  he appears to trust no one, least of all himself; i am sure there are those he comes close to fully trusting, Bowie appears on the surface to be the closest one... but himself?  never.
Peace.

Chris DiCicco

Whoah oh My... not where I was going with eyes but close to another fact... the windows onto the soul... I wonder sometimes if I give to much away in my eyes... nah wearing glassess help aleave this paranoia, I hope.

Iggy you Rock!

Chris
The Exosphere  2013

gkg

eyes are often the window to the soul, indeed.  also to the mind, at times, and that\'s where the real beast lives.

Iggy do Rock!
Peace.

Chris DiCicco

I\'ve heard

The mind what a terrible thing to waste...

or

The Mind what a terrible thing....

???

I don\'t know somedays I just wake up and the crazyness starts.... ha hah uhg

As for Iggy, I picked up a promo copy of Avenue B the CD and Avenue B the DVD last night.

:D :o ;D :o

They are very good...

Chris
The Exosphere  2013

sngwthme

August 26, 2005, 06:46:18 pm #14 Last Edit: August 26, 2005, 06:48:18 pm by SNGWTHME
Quotethere\'s a certain person who\'s whole sexual heat is seated in their eyes.  there is a warm sadness that, as you keep looking into the image of his eyes, the heat of mixed want and knowledge build to near overwhelming.  i have yet to meet the man in person so i don\'t know if it\'s true face to face but i\'ve no reason to doubt that it would be even more intense.

Perhaps you could arrange a meeting with Travis and get it over with. Hee hee.... ;D
(sorry, couldn\'t resist, no embarrassment intended)