New!
Thanatopsis "Requiem" Available now.

Studio Videos

Live in studio performances

Sounds

Started by Chris DiCicco, April 29, 2005, 08:42:04 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Chris DiCicco

a while ago I was in Best Buy close to they\'er broken demo Keyboards and two guys who worked there, were wrapping a refrigrator with plastic wrap, it sounded like Lasers going off, I wish I could have gotten this sound on tape and mixed it up with something else, but I did not.

I\'ll have to try to duplicate it one day soon, it was a really great sound, something that me and my buddy enjoyed when ever the two guys made a revolution around the refrigrator, the lasers would be produced.

Chris
The Exosphere  2013

Chris DiCicco

;) tonight I bopped in to Newsbeat and they were playing some Jazz over head on the speakers, but what caught my ear was the broken Soda Cooler Moter , it was like improving with the Jazz in dying beat and low volume at the front of the store and loud at the Back of the store, panning from soft to loud...

Chris
The Exosphere  2013

Chris DiCicco

does anyone own the ESP VB200 Baritone Electric Guitar, I\'m looking for a semi cheap but scary sound

or the Washburn Model # WI44 what does the voice contour sound like.

Washburn website doesn\'t have info on this Baritone Guitar just wondering, if anyone has or has played with one of these and came away happy, with the sounds.

ok thanks

Chris
The Exosphere  2013

Chris DiCicco

nevermind about last post found\'em and reviews are good...

Chris
The Exosphere  2013

Chris DiCicco

May 17, 2005, 08:48:41 pm #4 Last Edit: May 17, 2005, 08:49:12 pm by Chris
 :D I found out what that thing Mickey Heart  plays at the end of Drums in the view from the vaults 1- 4 is called the BEAM it looks like an 8 foot long board with about 15 to 16 strings and must be electrified, I found out by thumbing thru his book Planet Drum, most exciting news I\'ve learned about weird musical instruments aside from musical refrigerators sounding like lasers.

some of the more scary and fun sounds I\'ve found a book/CD combo called Gravikords Whirlies & Pyrophones, By Bart Hopkin with a forward by Tom Waits.

Chris
The Exosphere  2013

Chris DiCicco

To Chris Moss

Sounds for Drum loops

I\'m digging (mentaly) some simple sounds, I would love to Mix organic sounds with Electronic sounds.

I heard some Ducks tonight trying to get away from each other, Imagine that being a drum loop, the slashing of water and the flapping of wings oh and qacking er squaking.

Also as I left a building close to were I work, tonight the sound of the door made a funny noise, it sounded old, I liked it.

As for Electric Loops I\'ve been digging an idea of Phaser(ed) drums,  I think this would be possible with some pedals hooked up to a Drum Machine.

But I don\'t know roll my words around see what sticks.

Chris
The Exosphere  2013

Chris DiCicco

I May have found a new way of writting music, this should have been in its own post somewheres in my Music link but I will continue writting it for, Patchworks, my last for HUZZI TAC RECORDS... so sad... so sad

I may start a new link for it in my Music...MAYBE?

Chris
The Exosphere  2013

Chris DiCicco

as I was washing my hands in the Mensroom at Work I herd birds coming out of the fosset neck/mouth... I thought it was neat...

Chris
The Exosphere  2013

CMA

Quotemy last for HUZZI TAC RECORDS... so sad... so sad

I may start a new link for it in my Music...MAYBE?

Chris

is it?

Chris DiCicco

yep!

the loose deal

was for 5 records

Comsic We 1

The 7 Seven Sapitino Sessions 2

OrganiX MadN AmusheeN 3

Patchworks 4

? A Best of ? or ? A Remix of How to Make Soup ? 5?.........

anything after this will be up for grabs, as far as Chic Disc

Rico is conserned he\'ll be a free agent of the system of the

the underground.

We have learned alot being with Huzzi Tac, writting gossip

and Blah Blah along with conversations with the  Artists

and Peoples at TDRS...

what a joy this has been to speak my crazyness, from

what I hear, to what I play.... You ain\'t herd nothing yet...

I ain\'t going anywhere... just need to pull back for a time.

and lastly the album \' Patchworks \' will be out around

March of 2006 ... then ....?

Chris

The Exosphere  2013

gkg

don\'t go too far.  we\'d miss you.  :-*
Peace.

image = <i>"Blue Velvet"</i> (front of 2-sided piece) (c) georgia k griffin - all rights reserved

Chris DiCicco

Quotedon\'t go too far.  we\'d miss you.  :-*

I\'m pretty far out already, I have to jump and bob just to stay above the waves, I may have lost sight of the beach... but the dolphins aren\'t singing yet.... so I can only hope the next few months won\'t be as hellish in releasing my Double Album as was the release of \' The Cosmic We\' was.

;D
The Exosphere  2013

CMA

The 7 Seven Sapitino Sessions

OrganiX MadN AmusheeN

Patchworks

best of

i havnt gotenthese ones yet

Chris DiCicco

QuoteThe 7 Seven Sapitino Sessions

OrganiX MadN AmusheeN

Patchworks

best of

i havnt gotenthese ones yet

o.k. The 7 Seven Sapitino Session and OrganiX MadN AmusheeN will be released November 3rd 2005

Patchworks March of 2006

Best of (or) Remix August of 2006

see, I\'m sorry it was my bad for announcing " THE END IS NEH " to soon...

Chris
The Exosphere  2013

Chris DiCicco

trying to learn how to play Bass with Spoons ala Tony Levine plays Bass with drumsticks tapped to his fingers.

this should be something very weird to listen to...

Chris
The Exosphere  2013