New!
Thanatopsis "Requiem" Available now.

Studio Videos

Live in studio performances

help findind new headphones, please

Started by buswolley, June 30, 2006, 03:24:10 am

Previous topic - Next topic

buswolley

I need help finding new headphones.  It became painfully obvious as I waded through miles and miles of the internet super highway, that I have no idea what I am looking for or at - impedance, ohm, driver - WHAT?  So, being a fairly intelligent being I thought: why not ask people who know a little something about music...

I like the privacy of earbuds, but they fall out too easily.  Love clip on's, however the privacy issue.  It is hard to listen to Liz Phair's Flower on a headphone that shares your musical stylings with the home owner who currently has the radio tuned to contemporary Christian, (not so sure they are not trying to save my soul.)  They also can't be so private I can't hear someone enter a room, so headphones that surround the entire ear are out.  Durability is a good thing; my last set pulled apart at the wire split.

I own an I-pod.  I listen roughly eight hours a day.  Sound quality a must.  I would like to spend between $50.00 and $100.00.  Probably preferring the lower end, cause not guarantee they won't end up in a bucket of paint.

Thank you in advance for any help!

gkg

my son curves his earbuds up over his ears, granted we tend toward large-ish ears in this family, but maybe that would work for you?

watchout for that Christian music - some of it is sneakily \'catchy\'.  ;)
Peace.

image = <i>"Blue Velvet"</i> (front of 2-sided piece) (c) georgia k griffin - all rights reserved

CMA