New!
Thanatopsis "Requiem" Available now.

Studio Videos

Live in studio performances

Listening to Please Tomorrow in aw!

Started by sngwthme, September 17, 2004, 07:26:33 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

sngwthme

What a pleasant suprise. Only ordering the cd on Wednesday from PP (no offense Travis I also ordered some books) It arrived a few moments ago. PP are on top of things! I know what I will be doing this weekend, Reading and listening. I am currently listening on my small cd player here at work, oh wow.... nice string work Travis! Ok, I am absolutely loving this. Don\'t wish to ruin it for anyone but I couldn\'t wait, had to share this moment with all of you, who I know would appriciate the excitement. I am only now on track 3...Fabulous! listening, working, writting this, yes multi talented ha ha ha,

Ocean

Oh you fortunate soul!  And what a wonderful weekend, indeed.

What books did you order?! (If you\'ll forgive my being so bold).
I too ordered, "Please Tomorrow" , as well as BB2 and two books.
My shipping addy. is East coast, so if the God\'s are good perhaps I\'ll receive my order Saturday.

How is the album over all? Is it similar to the melody present in "Moonset"?

Inquiring minds want to know. Ok, so their also noshing at the bit for the mail to arrive, but besides the obvious....

sngwthme

I have now listend to it  two & 1/2 times. in the middle of it again right now. Ok as you say you weirdo! But it really is that good. Yes it is along the lines of Moonset, of course we are talking about a concept here so it has stayed true to that idea, however each track has its own spice. This colobaoration is truely a treat. And not to spoil too much there is a piano solo track that will set you into another world.  Very Mesmorizing.  Also I am even more anxious now to get into Buckeheds music due to another track. I do hope your mail comes on Saturday but let me tell you it is worth the wait.

Please be bold, I do not mind to share. The books that I ordered are the two from Mike Davis, Land of lost Mammoths and to continue the adventure, Pirates, Bats and Dragons.
I have had an interest in the first one when it first came out but found out there was to be a second  and well I knew the antisipation for the second would have done me in so I waited and got both of them at the same time. I also was intrigued by Hinemoana Baker\'s Poems so I also purchased Matuhi / Needle.  The art work by Jenny Rendall is quite beautiful. As are of course the illustrations for Mike Davis\'s books by William Simpson. I can\'t wait to get to reading. May I be so bold as to ask which books you had ordered?

m4sure

QuoteOh you fortunate soul!  And what a wonderful weekend, indeed.

What books did you order?! (If you\'ll forgive my being so bold).
I too ordered, "Please Tomorrow" , as well as BB2 and two books.
My shipping addy. is East coast, so if the God\'s are good perhaps I\'ll receive my order Saturday.

How is the album over all? Is it similar to the melody present in "Moonset"?

Inquiring minds want to know. Ok, so their also noshing at the bit for the mail to arrive, but besides the obvious....

Well I ordered my CDs already...but will have
to wait a little bit longer to get them here in the UK.
Only then can I set upon comparing the similarities
between Viggo\'s album cover of PT & the pic
I made & gave him last year! lol!  :P

Ocean

September 18, 2004, 03:35:48 am #4 Last Edit: September 18, 2004, 12:01:22 pm by Ocean
Excellent!

I think music is the soundtrack of the soul. Each being is here to accomplish something, and I think their purpose is somehow reflected in the music they make (or enjoy). Just a thought. If it\'s to weird a concept just pelt me with Eclairs, that\'ll teach me!  :P

I look forward to the mail\'s arrival now. Especially since I know Buckethead is involved in this latest album.  I heard he was considered one of the greatest musicians of our time, and until I heard Colma, I didn\'t really grasp what that meant.
Now I look forward to anything he\'s involved in, whether in collaboration or as his personal project.

Thanks again. :)

Just realized I didn\'t tell you which books I ordered.
Aren\'t you the bold one!   ;D

"Pirates, Bats, and Dragons" by Mike Davis
and, "The Horse is good". I love horses, so this title was certainly a must have.
I also considered "The land of lost Mammoths" by MD, and may treat myself to that in future.

BellaLuna

I ordered my CD Tuesday & sent out a MO to Travis & Co.--hope storm \'Ivan\' didn\'t slow down my envelope!   :o

Thanks for sharing those [glb]glowing[/glb] reviews!  I can\'t wait!   ;D

Peace  8)
Bella )O(

lae

I\'m really enjoying this cd.  Great job!!   ;D

Ocean

:\'( No Please Tomorrow,l today!

Everyone who\'s listened to PT since it\'s Wednesday release must live on the west coast or I\'m one of the few lucky one\'s being tested by the  God\'s of mail patience!

I\'ve never liked tests.  Actually, that could  explain alot!

gkg

oddly, i\'m in CA and thought mine would be waiting for me when i got home Friday, but it hasn\'t arrived yet - please tomorrow?   ;)
Peace.

image = <i>"Blue Velvet"</i> (front of 2-sided piece) (c) georgia k griffin - all rights reserved

BellaLuna

September 20, 2004, 12:45:54 am #9 Last Edit: September 20, 2004, 12:46:51 am by BellaLuna
Opps, did I say Tuesday?   :o  I meant Thursday--d\'oh silly me!  ::)

I can\'t wait to hear this CD!   ;)

Peace  8)
Bella )O(

Travis

Orders that came in on the afternoon of the 15th and on the 16th, got shipped out Friday. Friday\'s orders went out Saturday. Friday was a bit of a crazy day to say the least but I\'m betting a whole bunch of you see your CD\'s on Monday. International order may take a bit longer.

angela

I ordered PT 9/15 and it turned up in NY 9/17 and I\'ve been listening to it ever since. I really (REALLY) like MOONSET, SWALLOWS TO BATS and SUNRISE.

Travis, may I ask, what strings in particular?

The tracks flow so eloquently one to the other.
 Bravo!

Travis

It\'s a sampled cello I really like the sound of. I used the the same sound on both the Thanatopsis CD\'s as well.

cheapsk8

Thanks for the shipping head\'s up Travis! Can\'t wait man, can\'t wait!! OK, I\'m waiting patiently! ;D

gkg

that cello on Thanatopsis rocks!  my former sister-in-law is a cellist (she studied at Middlebury, Vt & Freiburg Germany, etc) - and the sound on that is nearly as clear as her\'s.

wicked!  fingers crossed on today\'s mail!!
Peace.

image = <i>"Blue Velvet"</i> (front of 2-sided piece) (c) georgia k griffin - all rights reserved