Thanatopsis "Requiem" Available now.

Studio Videos

Live in studio performances

Hello Everyone

Started by sngwthme, September 16, 2004, 07:14:20 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

sngwthme

Good Day Everyone!
      It has been great fun over the last few months peeping in as a guest here at the TDRS forum and have thoroughly enjoyed the topics and conversations. In observing all this insightful and just plain fun information you have all shared with one another I asked myself why the heck haven\'t I registered yet to join you? I had no answer for myself and so, here I am. I must say that gkg and Chris, the two of you completely crack me up, the whole sniffing glue incident recently was key.
      The biggest reason for wanting to get involved is simply this, Travis. You are a master at your craft. Thank you. I find myself extremly anxious to further delve into this amazing spectrum of music that you have created on your own and with these outstanding artists that you have worked with and/or have provided a medium to present them to us. I have no instrument or engineering talent other than my voice and when I come across an element where instruments and sound play like nothing I have heard befor I must partake to the extent that I can in that experience, because of you and this site and this forum I have been allowed to do that. Though I have only recently become aquantied with what you do I have found it to be very addicting. My interest is peeked. Again Travis, I thank you!  
      Now, to all of you living in the chicken coop I would like to request assistance/suggestions as to which Buckethead experience should be my first. Not being completely a chicken Virgin as I am of course familiar with Bucketheads work on PFA, I would like to expand the experience with something solo. I want my first time to be amazing so I ask your input, I know you all wont let me down.

Ocean

September 16, 2004, 07:27:04 pm #1 Last Edit: September 16, 2004, 07:31:37 pm by Ocean
[glb]Welcome[/glb] to the madness!  

Re: Your Buckethead question; The only album I\'ve experienced of his is, "Colma". A true masterpiece of harmony and unique guitar, if I do say so myself. It\'s peaceful and deep and it was a surprise, given what one would imagine from a gifted artist with a name like that.
Sadly , I didn\'t see it available @ Travis\'s store, but that\'s my two coppers worth in any case. ;)

My name is Ocean and I look forward to reading more of you in future. :D

gkg

September 16, 2004, 07:30:34 pm #2 Last Edit: September 16, 2004, 07:33:35 pm by gkg
many welcomes SBGWTHME - glad CM and i crack you up.  Chris Moss is really great.  //iminthehuzzi.tripod.com
check his music out - total nutter and a wonder.  
personally, and this will likely be no surprise to Travis and CM = i say check out the Thanatopsis stuff.  deceptively a simple 3some and you will really be hooked.
Peace.

image = <i>"Blue Velvet"</i> (front of 2-sided piece) (c) georgia k griffin - all rights reserved

m4sure

Welcome SNGWTHME...glad to see another nutter onboard!  ;D

Travis

Thanks for the kind words SNGWTHME and welcome. If you haven\'t been to the MP3 page yet you may want to  check out some of the tracks with Buckethead. There are several tracks from Thanatopsis as well as Buckets solo work.

Deblee

Hi Sngwthme,
I\'m new here too, and have found it fun to read past postings and really love the music recommendations of the others. I personally have favorites of Buckethead of Thanatopsis-Axiology and Population Overload right now. It might change with the wind tomorrow to  others of his, but these will remain up there.
Good luck in your searches, and everyone here is really helpful. You came to the right place and I feel like I did too!
thanks everyone ,
Deblee   8)

Chris DiCicco

:D hey SNGWTHME I don\'t sniff glue but Have been dropping Computers ha ha ha ha ha ha Nah just kidding MOST computers don\'t like me one week they\'er yours and then the next Wam! flat on yer A$$.

Oh Wrong Chris opps!

My Bad

Chris
The Exosphere  2013

gkg

you\'re not the wrong Chris - i melded you and Chris Moss into one on my response accidentally - as for the computers, they are fickle little things, aren\'t they?

:-*

this board wouldn\'t be the same without you Chris, nor without Chris Moss - you both bring such wonderful warped perspectives, and that i love!!
Peace.

image = <i>"Blue Velvet"</i> (front of 2-sided piece) (c) georgia k griffin - all rights reserved

Chris DiCicco

:P hebgbee\'s what a gas me being compared to another Chris on the other side of the world, feels very familair...

Chris Moss do You have anysay in this, we both play Guitar, you great an me egh so so..

the lines open

SPEAK

Chris
The Exosphere  2013