New!
Thanatopsis "Requiem" Available now.

Studio Videos

Live in studio performances

RIP Dimebag Darrell

Started by CMA, December 09, 2004, 01:00:21 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

CMA

Im not sure where to put this post, feel free to move it.

=

Dimebag Darrell, guitarist for Damageplan and Pantera, was killed during a shooting spree at a Columbus, Ohio, nightclub Wednesday night. He was 38.

Darrell, real name Darrell Abbott, was among the five dead in the incident, including the as-yet-unnamed shooter and two fans, Nathan Bray and Erin Halk, according to Columbus Police public information officer Sherry Mercurio

as-yet-unnamed shooter and two fans, Nathan Bray and Erin Halk, according to Columbus Police public information officer Sherry Mercurio.

Damageplan had just begun their first song in front of several hundred at Alrosa Villa when the gunman jumped onstage, made a comment about Pantera\'s breakup, and began firing at close range into Darrell\'s body, shooting him several times before opening fire on the crowd.

Mercurio said an officer in the vicinity heard the call of shots fired shortly after 10 p.m., snuck in the back door of the venue and confronted the gunman onstage. When the officer took the stage, he observed one victim and the gunman holding a hostage by the neck. The officer opened fire on the male suspect, whose name has not been released pending notification of next of kin. Mercurio said the fifth victim\'s name and those of the two wounded have also not yet been released. Several reports stated that the club had no metal detector, though Mercurio could not confirm that at press time and a club spokesperson could not be reached.

If the officer hadn\'t acted when he did and how he did, we\'d probably be looking at more dead, because this guy was actively shooting, said public information officer Sergeant Brent Mull. Following the incident, police took more than 200 patrons onto three city-donated buses to interview them about the shooting.

The ones that were inside and witnessed this ran for their lives and were in fear for their lives, Hull said. They are victims too, and we want to take care of them.

As news of Dimebag\'s tragic demise rippled through the metal community, the news was met with shock and sadness.

=

RIP Dimebag Darrell

Chris DiCicco

:o :( :\'( :-X Am shocked this is all I saw on the Bucket Board, he was gunned down on Lennon\'s death anniversery December 8th 2004...

R.I.P Dimebag
The Exosphere  2013

Chris DiCicco

:\'( I guess the Van Halen, Zack Wylde and Dimebag, Album now will never be... I wanna hear what Zack has to say! in tribute an all.

Chris
The Exosphere  2013

Chris DiCicco

Hey Chris Moss, Zack had nothing to say becuse of shock greif and sadness, Fox news here in cali said the Gun man had Vinnie paul in a head lock perparing to shoot him in the head when a Police officer came in from the street and shot him. So it seems this guy knew whom he was after. He was after the Abbotts. very sad still.

the brite star of Dimebag has been extingished, No more Damage Plan either.

Chris
The Exosphere  2013

CMA

i took the huzzi down for the weekend in memeory of DBD. it\'ll be back up on sunday night/monday

gkg

very sad indeed - i heard the same thing, that he was after the Abbotts, but so far no one seems to know who he was or why he singled them out for murder.
Peace.

image = <i>"Blue Velvet"</i> (front of 2-sided piece) (c) georgia k griffin - all rights reserved

Chris DiCicco

GKG and Chris Moss, He was Military skinhead, over on Buckethead.tk?! they got his DL Photo and his dress uniform photo...  No word yet on his back ground. But I\'m shure we\'ll hear somthing from the surviving members of Damage Plan sooner or later.

Chris
The Exosphere  2013

gkg

VP is ok - that\'s a blessing anyway - appears the shooter had some fantasy that Pantera had stolen his lyrics...  http://news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/launch/20041213/en_launch/220522

such a sad waste of so many lives...
Peace.

image = <i>"Blue Velvet"</i> (front of 2-sided piece) (c) georgia k griffin - all rights reserved

Machete

"Darrell my brother. The best of the best." - Philip H Anselmo