New!
Thanatopsis "Requiem" Available now.

Studio Videos

Live in studio performances

fun with population override

Started by caper, November 18, 2004, 05:58:20 am

Previous topic - Next topic

caper

so i was listening to too many humans over and over again today.  i havent listened to it for a while.   today it is my favorite track on population override.  i like to listen to the same tune over and over kinda like a mantra.  especially a tune like too many humans.  that throbbing organ.  those moaning strings.  
me and too many humans got to twirling out in the dark tonight

do you have a current favorite tune off p.o. and what do you feel like doing when you listen to it?
the map is not the territory

Chris DiCicco

Yeah in reponse to Caper I would have to say ...  it\'s what really turned me on to Riffs in general.

Thank You.

Chris
The Exosphere  2013

caper

o yeh the riffs are like butter !!!

i love that buzz at the beginning of too many humans like a horde of insects coming

i remember the first time i listened to it.  that beginning buzz made me get all anxious.  it was a weird sensation becz the guitar was so soothing on top of it. once i realized it was the drum, i lost that anxious feeling somehow.  like when i was little, i looked at a book.  the words were like bugs on the page.  but once i learned to read, i couldnt see the bugs anymore  :\'(

taking a break from some music is great.  the music regains strength or innocence or something.  like that feeling came over me again listening the first time this time around.  my lower brain stem got all anxious again :D

i like around 4:40 when the organ gets all buzzy and drone.  like omg the insect hordes are right on top of us now

Chris DiCicco

:P... this riff reminds me of Tony Iommi of Black Sabbath.

Chris
The Exosphere  2013

caper

which riff do you mean chris ?  i dont really know black sabbath.  you mean the buzzy insect horde riff at 4:40ish or another one from 2manyhumans or frm another po tune or ??  id by album track# and counter if you can ok>

Chris DiCicco

Caper ,
the Super Secret riff the Dot Dot Dot or ...  #10, Bluesy but Hard Rockin, reminds me of Sabbath, In lue of this it promted me to get more Sabbath, like Syptom of the Universe and some Dio Sabbath , My friend supplied me with the later, but the 10th song is like a  hold yer breath and see whats to come (i.e.) the Album starting over er what I don\'t know Loop it play into infinity, it Rox. Sorry for the confusion.

Chris
The Exosphere  2013

caper

doh no problem chris

"..."    i didnt properly translate the dots in your post before

!! that\'s a good riff !!  
i like how it starts off all thoughtful indian raga-like and then blam! into the hardthrusting garage blues

then how he pulls out early like that. huh? pant pant.  like hes leaving us there to decay along with the final notes of population override.   hehe after all death and decay is the ultimate population override

Chris DiCicco

Yah! Decay? last gasp or just ...

Chris
The Exosphere  2013

caper

Quotethe 10th song is like a  hold yer breath and see whats to come (i.e.) the Album starting over er what I don\'t know Loop it play into infinity
QuoteYah! Decay? last gasp or just ...

Yah!  like how death/reincarnation loop off into infinity :)
i think thanatopsis 3 is to come

caper

Quotei think thanatopsis 3 is to come
i scare myself sometimes because Common Ground just came

Chris DiCicco

November 22, 2004, 11:22:37 pm #10 Last Edit: November 22, 2004, 11:23:19 pm by Chris
 :o Wowzers Loop #10 never to much O2 makes me dizzy breath on Water, water whats makes it good. ;D

#10 ... also sounds like SRV , I was looping Too many Humans and digging some of that Insect drone You were talking about , Caper, Thanks

Chris
The Exosphere  2013

caper

Quote:o Wowzers Loop #10 never to much O2 makes me dizzy breath on Water, water whats makes it good. ;D

#10 ... also sounds like SRV , I was looping Too many Humans and digging some of that Insect drone You were talking about , Caper, Thanks

Chris
water feels so pensive

p.s. SRV does not compute? sorry if its really obvious

Chris DiCicco

November 26, 2004, 01:16:06 am #12 Last Edit: November 26, 2004, 01:16:45 am by Chris
 :( :o ??? :-X :\'( Does Not Cumpute!? hey Caper sorry SRV is short for Stevie Ray Vaughan, hope this clears this up if not do a google search Stevie Ray Vaughan. Tried looping CS1 but, it was like playing Monopoly by yourself, no fun :-/ but what you gonna do.

Chris
The Exosphere  2013

caper

Quote:( :o ??? :-X :\'( Does Not Cumpute!? hey Caper sorry SRV is short for Stevie Ray Vaughan, hope this clears this up if not do a google search Stevie Ray Vaughan. Tried looping CS1 but, it was like playing Monopoly by yourself, no fun :-/ but what you gonna do.

Chris
ok i got SRV but then you turn around and lob CS1?  LOL LOL hahaha :D ive never tried playing Monopoly that way but im starting to get a sense of what it would be like :)

i often get this sense of what it would be like to hear too many humans played live in public :\'( >:( grrrrr those songs are meant to be played live comeon already  

woa what happened?  i think i just got possessed by one of the gods of the blues.  Whatever you choose to do Travis, i support you man

Chris DiCicco

i think i just got possessed by one of the gods of the blues.  

Caper theres much more then one, the gods of blues are Old, Young, Colored and Uncolored, A few have worked with SRV like Albert King ( sadly Dead ) and Jeff Beck, Stevie was (found) by David Bowie and Jackson Brown after he was Boo\'d off the stage in the Double Disc live at Montegue, if you listen closely you can Hear the booing, Tomarrow 112704 I\'m going to Loop Elephant Ghost and hear all the littl\'things in and around the recording like Les\'s strange Bass sound.

Chris
The Exosphere  2013