New!
Thanatopsis "Requiem" Available now.

Studio Videos

Live in studio performances

The Earth is drying up...

Started by bhead51, June 16, 2004, 12:17:34 am

Previous topic - Next topic

bhead51

[glb]I think it\'s accurate to say that our species is not looking so hot right now.  Anyone else?[/glb]
The United Nations today, at their 10th anniversary of the Convention to Combat Desertification, said that "the Earth is turning into a \'desert wasteland\'...One-third of the Earth\'s surface is at risk"

http://news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/ap/20040615/ap_on_sc/going_dry

gkg

i concur.

if california hadn\'t gone against nature and turned what was desert into exotic parks, lush estates, citrus groves and almond orchards, it wouldn\'t have drained so much water away from other states.  the same is true all over the planet.  the majority of our species lost its sense of balance with nature - long ago.  those who try in vain to sound the alarm as harrassed and belittled.

we\'ll get ours one day.  one damn hot day.
Peace.

image = <i>"Blue Velvet"</i> (front of 2-sided piece) (c) georgia k griffin - all rights reserved

Machete

June 16, 2004, 08:50:49 pm #2 Last Edit: June 16, 2004, 08:51:10 pm by machete
Quote[glb]I think it\'s accurate to say that our species is not looking so hot right now.  Anyone else?[/glb]
The United Nations today, at their 10th anniversary of the Convention to Combat Desertification, said that "the Earth is turning into a \'desert wasteland\'...One-third of the Earth\'s surface is at risk"

http://news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/ap/20040615/ap_on_sc/going_dry

hehe

gkg

you\'re amused because...?

you eat dust rather than animal and vegetable?
you like lungs so dry they bleed when you sing?
you enjoy skin so dry it cracks when you shred?

curious creature, this.
Peace.

image = <i>"Blue Velvet"</i> (front of 2-sided piece) (c) georgia k griffin - all rights reserved