New!
Thanatopsis "Requiem" Available now.

Studio Videos

Live in studio performances

BBC Composer in Residence

Started by gkg, May 19, 2004, 06:37:27 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

gkg

Jonny Greenwood just got made composer in residence for the BBC!

Peace.

image = <i>"Blue Velvet"</i> (front of 2-sided piece) (c) georgia k griffin - all rights reserved

CMA

hexitt

Yeah, I don\'t follow the band and I\'m sure the guy has talent/skill (more than me), however, I can\'t stand anything I\'ve ever heard from Radiohead.  Someone needs to hand the guy a fistful of syringes so he can croak already.  It\'s so washy and pointless to me.  Just felt like chiming in on the subject.  They remind me of bands like Oasis and Coldplay.  These whimpering and whining fools are just too depressing for me.  Give me the shred.

gkg

yep - the guitarist from radiohead.

it\'s not everyone\'s taste, then again i\'m told there are even those who don\'t like buckethead - although i have yet to actually hear someone say such an outrageous thing.

i tend to like all sorts of disparate things - different moments call for different sounds.
Peace.

image = <i>"Blue Velvet"</i> (front of 2-sided piece) (c) georgia k griffin - all rights reserved

CMA

ok Radiohead i dont like the early stuff too much, but yo uknow when you remember where you was when an album came out  and everytime you hear the album it takes you back to a nice feeling.. that happend tome on Kid A, if you havnt heard this album it\'ll introduce you to how amazing radiohead can be.

hexitt

Yes, I must admit that I\'ve never listened to an entire album of theirs so maybe I\'ll check out the one you mentioned.  I hate to hate bands, but anything I have heard with friends hasn\'t been impressive in a positive way.  And hey, to each his own, right?

gkg

exactly, hexitt,  "to each his own" - thats what i\'t talkin\' about.   if we all liked the same sh*t we\'d all be bored.  
Peace.