Thanatopsis "Requiem" Available now.

Studio Videos

Live in studio performances

ANOTHER Travis Question :)

Started by Musashi, April 15, 2004, 01:50:54 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Musashi

Travis:

Thanks for taking time out of your schedule to answer our questions.  It really means a lot to me.

That being said, what is the most rewarding part of what you do (other than being able to do what you love)?  Is it working with many different artists, getting to help mixdown new music, etc.  Thanks.

Travis

Well I do love all that stuff and yes just being able to be involved in the production of music is very rewarding. I happiest when I\'m writing and producing my own music or working with someone together on making something to make it as good as it can be. I also just love to play music, just sitting at the piano with a cup of coffee on top of the piano in the morning is the greatest thing in the world. I can\'t count the times I reach back up for my cup and find a full cup if stone cold coffee.

Megan

that\'s a great story Travis and really familiar too-

Travis when you get a second Musashi and I were still curious- did the theme of Population Override emerge after the fact, like you guys had some melodic themes you worked with and later you ordered and named them, or did you have the idea, write the titles and then play to them?
some are born to sweet delight
some are born to endless night

Musashi

Thanks for the reply Travis.  I\'ve done the coffee thing just LISTENING to music, much less playing it.  :)  Thanks for re-asking, Megan.   ;D

Travis

Yes. if I miss a specific question please re-ask it sometime I just miss stuff. Any way the concept came after the recording was done.

Musashi

Thanks again Travis.  What is your favorite type of music to play/compose?