New!
Thanatopsis "Requiem" Available now.

Studio Videos

Live in studio performances

repress out of stock CD\'s

Started by Travis, April 22, 2011, 05:20:30 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

deege

I\'d love to see Peppers Ghost or Shadows Between the Sky get repressed, i\'d definitely buy either or.

firefitz

i am in for peppers. i think the best way is to prepay with a deadline.  make the cd something a tad different somehow maybe like a special insert. word will get around and.........BAAAAAAAMMMMMM. there ya go. easy peasy nice and easy.

Boxenstien

ill gladly pay 25 bucks for a copy of Peppers Ghost in a digipak with maybe an extra track, whether it be live, unreleased, etc.

Blueprints #220
Best Regards #64
BHL Art #6
Spinal Clock #3

Nubbins

I think the idea of alternate artwork is a very good one, I can say for certain I\'d buy a couple copies of the repress. But I also understand that this is probably beyond Travis\'s control. I\'d have to assume any decisions about album art are Buckethead\'s to make.

Bucketfel

maybe when Albino Slug sells out there is a posibility that a new press with extra track could be done ;D ;D

But it seems that there is some demand for Pepper\'s Ghost ;)
He works on the farm,
He makes fun of me,
But thats the lats thing youll see,
Cuz im gone use him for something that you wont understand

Spinal Clock #199
Holiday Album

robotpie3000

April 24, 2011, 05:48:11 am #20 Last Edit: April 24, 2011, 05:48:30 am by astral_traveler
Quotemaybe when Albino Slug sells out there is a posibility that a new press with extra track could be done ;D ;D

you mean like replace the album version of Forgotten Trail with the iTunes version???

Bucketfel

you mean like replace the album version of Forgotten Trail with the iTunes version???

i meant add, not replace. But yeah, i was refering to the itunes song 8)
He works on the farm,
He makes fun of me,

Spinal Clock #199
Holiday Album

kevindanielcahill

would it be possible to see a list of all the cd\'s that are out of stock? also sorry to be daft but (whats a digipack?)

robotpie3000

Quotealso sorry to be daft but (whats a digipack?)

if you have the electric tears, captain eo\'s voyage, left hanging, or DCK black album, that is what a digipak is. its basically like a CD book or something without the hard plastic case. I personally like it better than the jewel case.

Silverado

QuoteI\'d love to see Peppers Ghost or Shadows Between the Sky get repressed, i\'d definitely buy either or.

In addition to these...I\'d bet you\'d sell a bunch of Population Override and Bucketheadland 2.  

fuzzface

QuoteSo you see the problem. I don\'t mind setting up a pay what you like pre-sale. Or you can buy multiple copies if you want. I would rather not think of this as a charity. Or resell to the same people who already have it by adding a widget. It\'s really a supply and demand thing. Are there enough people who want a copy of an out of stock item to justify a repressing?
I might repress as a digipak if that\'s adds some incentive for hard core collectors. But again that\'s relying on the core buying base that already has the item. I thought about a "on demand" sale for some items but I don\'t think that many are interested in CD\'Rs. I\'m still looking for ideas.

Here, here Travis!  Thanks for not jumping on the double-dip bandwagon!  As a member of the "core buying base", I appreciate it.

Bucketfel

i always thought that there would be a fan base that would die to hear Pop. Override on Vinyl. ;D
He works on the farm,
He makes fun of me,

Spinal Clock #199
Holiday Album

Yakuza

I would buy a pre-sale of Shadows Between the Sky if you offered it.

Duckhead

I would pre-pay $25 for any of the out of stock cds if Buckethead were to sign it. I\'m sure alot of others would too.

Bucketfel

im guessing that having Buckethead to sign repressings would be a great way to pay for the repressing itself.

By charging the usual extra for Big B\'s sig, Travis can use that extra money to pay for the repressings and it would cost less (both in people needed to buy the album and albums themselves) to pay for it. Although Buckethead\'s wrist will pay the price ;D ;D
He works on the farm,
He makes fun of me,

Spinal Clock #199
Holiday Album