New!
Thanatopsis "Requiem" Available now.

Studio Videos

Live in studio performances

THREE New Buckethead Albums!!!

Started by mlgudead, August 17, 2011, 05:35:36 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

SAUCE

Yes he only was with them for a short bit....but my point was the "Compact disk" is one of sonys bull spit formats. But I just hate cds their small and i think they cost to much when compared to what you get when buying records instead. But mainly i just find it really really really really hard to believe that big b himself doesn\'t know how much better vinyl sounds. But thats about as deep as i want to go like i said i don\'t want to sound like I\'m insulting the man. Much love sail on sail on

Duckhead

December 19, 2011, 06:54:47 am #46 Last Edit: December 19, 2011, 07:03:13 am by Duckhead
I see your point Sauce but this is not the 70\'s anymore. As an audiophile myself I love vinyl (I have a couple hundred) and yes I do have a working record player but I just don\'t get what you are saying. Why would you deny yourself listening to good music if that is your passion regardless of the format. Look Up There is a freaking awesome cd and the way Big B is marketing and selling them makes it a bit more affordable for us and I would bet he makes a better profit too.

Vinyl scratches pretty easy, if you leave it next to a heat source (including the sun) it warps, you drop it it breaks, they take up alot of space and I can\'t play them in my jeep or on my boombox and it doesn\'t travel very well if I want to take some to my buddys house and play them.

Cds are a little better, maybe not sound quality for the discerning ear but strengthwise. I have some pretty scuffed up cds that still play just fine, I have never had one warp in my jeep or break by dropping it, and I can store about 4 times as many in the same space as lp\'s. If todays artists only put out music on vinyl only a couple people would buy them given the choice of other formats - there is really no market for them except for hardcore audiophiles and collectors. But don\'t worry, you don\'t need to buy cds - from the trends I read it looks like cds wont be around much longer either. Next year may be the last year cds are pressed.

http://arts.nationalpost.com/2011/11/09/culture-club-will-anyone-weep-for-the-end-of-cds/

SAUCE

December 20, 2011, 07:31:38 am #47 Last Edit: December 20, 2011, 07:36:55 am by SAUCE
Well and it sucks that i have to order his stuff off the internet.............I guess i just have to get over it =(. Everyone thanks for your input i wasn\'t really wanting to bitch but I don\'t really have any friends that listen to bucket or buys records.........so yeah i figured unless here it would\'ve fallen on deaf ears.

Butt i still thinks it\'s crazy that he doesn\'t press lps but I\'m just a damn negative nancy......lol just an after thought guess it would get crazy keeping like 30+ records for ONE artist

BucketBrother

I\'ve got 100+ Buckethead related cd\'s. LP\'s would be crazy!!!!

Duckhead

December 20, 2011, 05:45:55 pm #49 Last Edit: December 20, 2011, 05:47:06 pm by Duckhead

Butt i still thinks it\'s crazy that he doesn\'t press lps but I\'m just a damn negative nancy

I\'m not someone to tell people how to run their business but I think he is missing the mark on LP\'s as well. It seems that many of todays artists independent and otherwise are releasing vinyl. Beck has alot of his stuff on vinyl, Animals as Leaders has their current stuff as LP\'s as do many-many current artists. It would be cool if big b put out more vinyl .

If Big B would release one album on vinyl what would it be? M&R, GR, BHL?? - What album would you like to see pressed?

DroidHunter13

If Big B released albums on vinyl, I would have to say Colma, Electric Tears, Monsters and Robots, Bermuda Triangle, and Giant Robot  ;D

SAUCE

I think he could do one a year.
it could be any "one album a year" old or new and id buy it just to have bucket on vinyl.......all i got is phonopsycograph disk but its still rocken with the ONE track with him lolz=)

piikea

neil young (apparently) has been touting some new "format" that has all the sonic qualities of vinyl that may become the standard at some point (2012 supposedly).

could be a pipe dream........or not?
Bill Laswell / Raoul Björkenheim / Morgan Agren: Blixt (2011) //// Bangtower: Casting Shadows (2011) //// Levin Torn White (2011)

Duckhead

Quoteneil young (apparently) has been touting some new "format" that has all the sonic qualities of vinyl that may become the standard at some point (2012 supposedly).

could be a pipe dream........or not?

It\'s called High Resolution Audio and it is similar to Blu-ray - that\'s all I know. Here is an article:
http://www.neilyoung.com/messagepage.html