New!
Thanatopsis "Requiem" Available now.

Studio Videos

Live in studio performances

$180.00 Contest discussion thread

Started by Bucketdog, February 11, 2011, 06:30:44 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

DisembodiedLoaf

I listened to traveling morgue and it\'s close, yes. But I did not intend or try for it to be the same and nor did I want it to sound the same. I guess after listening to bucket for so long his influence just sticks with ya; and yeah, this is the tune I was concerned about sounding too much like "crack the sky". But it didn\'t, just a small part or two, barely noticeable.

On another note...I\'m a little disappointed with the turn out of the contest. I thought we were gonna have more people. When I posted the "contest update" thread I got over 10 people confirming their spot... This will prolly be the last contest I host here unless more people post by later tonight. Everyone who has posted so far has great songs, atmosphere and effort. I\'ve listed to all the entries several times and have jammed along with a few too. I wanna see more. I\'m really enjoying the music! And that\'s what this contest is about.

Thank you (everyone) for all the positive feedback. Enjoy the contest.

peace

That riff could also be compared to Woods of Suicides. Natural influence. :) That happens to me. Like I realized one of riffs sounds like Bight of Benin.

I\'m quite surprised that everyone seems to have forgotten about this. Must be the long wait until deadline.

Reanimator77

It could be that the contest was launched during a lull here at TDRS. I thought that everyone here really nailed the horror theme. Bucketdog, that is some awesome psycho-shred accompanied by sweet horror clips. DisembodiedLoaf\'s binge sounds like it belongs on Imbred Mountain  ;D. I like the ambience and surreal video that bornalive submitted. It made me thirsty for some bizarre reason... Thank to Viking for still submitting his video, I was bobbing my head the whole time. The quack solo made me laugh.

No matter how big the reaction is on the forum, I still am psyched to be in these contests.
Some days, it's a good day to die. And some days, it's a good day to have breakfast.

DisembodiedLoaf

About the Inbred Mountain comment: guess which instruments I played on my song. ;)

Reanimator77

Tis a mandolin. a banjo, a wicked electric guitar, and a rusty cattleprod.
Some days, it's a good day to die. And some days, it's a good day to have breakfast.

DisembodiedLoaf

Close! I also played Ukulele. Nice guess, though. :)

Bucketdog

February 28, 2011, 04:48:33 am #35 Last Edit: February 28, 2011, 04:50:27 am by Bucketdog

;D
Joe!!!! Could you fix me a ham and cheese sandwich?!!! Joe!!!! I want some butter for my chips!!!! Joe!!!!

Viking...

Bucketfel

QuoteAre there no more contestants?   :o

Most of them got their faces melted when Crack the SKy came out.  ;D ;D ;D
He works on the farm,
He makes fun of me,
But thats the lats thing youll see,
Cuz im gone use him for something that you wont understand

Spinal Clock #199
Holiday Album

Wizard_beard

Hey guys i totally dropped the ball on this one and I\'m sorry...i have a good excuse ,but  i wont bore you all with it. I will post my video in a few hrs even though i havent finished it. Nice work on all the vids so far!

Jowaxe

I can see why this is confusing for many of the contestants. I went back in all the threads...and there is not a single post that says "The Due Date for submissions is X"

I thought I saw something about March 5th at some point like someone else said. I thought it was this thread...but i can\'t find that post anywhere. I do see that this thread was edited on Feb 26th to say pretty much nothing though.

All of a sudden, it was "Post your videos"

I\'m glad i got to hear a few tunes though...that part was good.

Reanimator77

So are we holding off on the voting?

badgerbot

It sounds like we could pick up a few more entries if we wait.  Sure did have fun with the ones we got.  What say everyone?

DisembodiedLoaf

The due date was pretty clear at time of announcement. It was just so long ago!

I feel like it\'s unfair to wait for everyone to get theirs up. I was freaking out on the 25th that it was almost due. :D It kind of gives those people an unfair advantage because they can listen to our songs while finishing theirs.

Wizard_beard

My video will be up in about 15 minutes  :)
I worked on it today only...I originally wanted to do a comic book style horror video like creep show, but with work and my bands first gig over the weekend its been tough! ... i had 3 (count em\') Randy Rhodes solo\'s to work on before Sat. plus a huge painting estimate in Wisconsin...all before 6 pm!
anyway...yady,yady yady...
sorry for being a little late.

badgerbot

Yay!  When last we left Wizard, it was wax worms and shrunken heads . . .