New!
Thanatopsis "Requiem" Available now.

Studio Videos

Live in studio performances

NEW BUCKETHEAD PIKES RIDE!!!!

Started by ilikeheadcheese, May 24, 2011, 01:16:27 am

Previous topic - Next topic

stumpdangler

stumpdangler is correct, I contacted the Support Team at Bucketheadpikes.com and their response was:

"Empty Space will be available on CD soon. Bucketheadpikes.com will be the only place online you can purchase the CD. The release date is to be determined. Also, all releases for this series will have both a physical and digital release".

Great news for those of us who prefer physical releases ;D

Well, maybe the Pikes series won\'t be available at the shows? Hopefully we\'ll find out soon.

chaotiktak

both new Big D\'s wedges are great, time to cash out bots !

;D

robotpie3000

June 02, 2011, 10:36:15 pm #32 Last Edit: June 02, 2011, 10:36:29 pm by astral_traveler
Quoteboth new Big D\'s wedges are great, time to cash out bots !

;D

Big D?

chaotiktak

Big D?

well it\'s a nickname I sometime use for him referring to the  "Big D\'s Touch" song on ARDITR ; I could have used BH or DCK or whatever  ::)

Bucketfel

well it\'s a nickname I sometime use for him referring to the  "Big D\'s Touch" song on ARDITR ; I could have used BH or DCK or whatever  ::)

you should try using Big D as a nickname for his lawyer. After all, it seems its in dedication to him and not Buckethead dedicating a song to himself ;D
He works on the farm,
He makes fun of me,
But thats the lats thing youll see,
Cuz im gone use him for something that you wont understand

Spinal Clock #199
Holiday Album

DroidHunter13

you should try using Big D as a nickname for his lawyer. After all, it seems its in dedication to him and not Buckethead dedicating a song to himself ;D
I thought Big D was the name of the woman in the PBS Soundstage performance and sometimes danced during some of his songs live?

http://m.youtube.com/index?desktop_uri=%2F&gl=US#/watch?v=MTqnhCpMjz0 - soundstage

Maybe Im wrong, but isn\'t she Buckethead\'s girlfriend.?

robotpie3000

I thought Big D was the name of the woman in the PBS Soundstage performance and sometimes danced during some of his songs live?

http://m.youtube.com/index?desktop_uri=%2F&gl=US#/watch?v=MTqnhCpMjz0 - soundstage

Maybe Im wrong, but isn\'t she Buckethead\'s girlfriend.?

I always thought she is Buckethead\'s wife. Im not surprised if he has kids you know...

DroidHunter13

I always thought she is Buckethead\'s wife. Im not surprised if he has kids you know...
Im not surprised either if he has kids...actually, in the special thanks in the Electric Tears CD, he mentions someone named Ben Carroll, and it was the first time he was mentioned in the special thanks...maybe he could be Buckethead\'s kid? Im not sure. But Im bringin that up because its a possibility it could be his kid.

DisembodiedLoaf

You are both misinformed. Stan Diamond is his lawyer. Just because his name starts with a D doesn\'t mean he is Big D. It\'s a coincidence that the song Big D\'s Touch appears on an album dedicated to Diamond. It has been proven that Big D is some woman of importance to him. Just listen to that song. I will not post the proof, but I can tell you that there\'s a Big D in the PBS Soundstage performance as mentioned.

Bucketfel

You are both misinformed. Stan Diamond is his lawyer. Just because his name starts with a D doesn\'t mean he is Big D. It\'s a coincidence that the song Big D\'s Touch appears on an album dedicated to Diamond. It has been proven that Big D is some woman of importance to him. Just listen to that song. I will not post the proof, but I can tell you that there\'s a Big D in the PBS Soundstage performance as mentioned.

That happens when i only read half of a thread on the tk ;D

That and my lack of retention of what i read ;D ;D
He works on the farm,
He makes fun of me,
But thats the lats thing youll see,
Cuz im gone use him for something that you wont understand

Spinal Clock #199
Holiday Album

beau810

Just got the slab the other day and got a good listen to it... did anyone hear anything familiar in the song Empty Spaces.  I havent done the research but I swear this song is a re-imagined song off of Cobra Strike 2 or its from Somewhere Over the Slaughterhouse.  Its like I know where the song is going even though Its different... does anyone else hear it?

I also think that these releases are the closest we are going to get to a new Cobra Strike.  Cobra Strike for me was Buckethead throwing a bunch of stuff together... songs that were disembodied from each other and these new pike recordings feel the same to me... even though there are a few songs that feel more complete than any thing off of Cobra Strike 1 or 2.
Support underground music!!!

DUFFATRON

Quotedid anyone hear anything familiar in the song Empty Spaces.  I havent done the research but I swear this song is a re-imagined song off of Cobra Strike 2 or its from Somewhere Over the Slaughterhouse.  Its like I know where the song is going even though Its different... does anyone else hear it?

Not in Empty Spaces, but I did hear something in Wormers @ 1:05 that reminded me of something. Thought it was Hall of Scalding Vats but nope. Checkin EMAC now, reminds of that too.

DUFFATRON

FOUND IT. 1:05 of Wormers and 1:50 of Lurker at the Threshold Pt.2

The riffs finish differently but they connected for me. Anyone else think so?

BTW been a while since I\'ve been on the boards. I\'m somewhat patiently and eagerly awaiting Big B in Portland ME and Mass.

DisembodiedLoaf

July 30, 2011, 08:07:07 pm #43 Last Edit: July 30, 2011, 08:10:54 pm by DisembodiedLoaf
QuoteFOUND IT. 1:05 of Wormers and 1:50 of Lurker at the Threshold Pt.2

The riffs finish differently but they connected for me. Anyone else think so?

BTW been a while since I\'ve been on the boards. I\'m somewhat patiently and eagerly awaiting Big B in Portland ME and Mass.
Yes, the second half of each riff is different. Buckethead plays that technique in a lot of songs. In Search of Inbred Mountain, Lotus Island, Sled Ride, Stretching Lighthouse, The Rising Sun, etc.